Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Both he and Suozzi have gone mad.
This project will place a "Times Square" traffic nightmare smack in the center of the county. Every dime it makes the coffers will be spent on infrastructure and expanded government to deal with it.
Home owners won’t see SQUAT!

Look at the mess Suozzi and his buddies made in Glen Cove whoring themselves out to the NYC crowd.

Once you accept Nassau as the Sixth Borough.

It's really quite lovely (for the City).

If you cant go out ...you gotta go up.

C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,657,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Both he and Suozzi have gone mad.
This project will place a "Times Square" traffic nightmare smack in the center of the county. Every dime it makes the coffers will be spent on infrastructure and expanded government to deal with it.
Home owners won’t see SQUAT!

Look at the mess Suozzi and his buddies made in Glen Cove whoring themselves out to the NYC crowd.
Ok, so let's not build anything b/c the taxes will disappear and there will always be traffic unless we build a NYC-like train system and require people to take it.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Once you accept Nassau as the Sixth Borough.

It's really quite lovely (for the City).

If you cant go out ...you gotta go up.

C
Let's be fair...hard to say Muttontown is Queens. Everything north of Jericho and South for 27 is not exactly Queens like, for the most part. I would also say the places like Garden City and Rockville Centre can hold their own.

I mean, there are parts of Suffolk that are Queens like, no...parts of Bayshore, Brentwood, etc.?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Let's be fair...hard to say Muttontown is Queens. Everything north of Jericho and South for 27 is not exactly Queens like, for the most part. I would also say the places like Garden City and Rockville Centre can hold their own.

I mean, there are parts of Suffolk that are Queens like, no...parts of Bayshore, Brentwood, etc.?
There are exceptions, but Id rather live in Douglaston than Hicksville.

As for Bwood perhaps in mix...not in density.

C

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
There are exceptions, but Id rather live in Douglaston than Hicksville.

As for Bwood perhaps in mix...not in density.

C
There aren't too many places in Nassau with homes on 30 or 40x100 plots, or with a lot of attached,2 family, or apt buildings.

Douglaston and Hicksville will soon be very similar in ethnic mix...not majority white. Enjoy.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
There aren't too many places in Nassau with homes on 30 or 40x100 plots, or with a lot of attached,2 family, or apt buildings.

Douglaston and Hicksville will soon be very similar in ethnic mix...not majority white. Enjoy.

Sorry pal.

Dead wrong on Zoning.

With the exception of GC and Muttontown 40x100 is fairly standard for most of working class Nassau.

I thought Hicksville was majority Indian (like Floral Park) anyway.

Speaking of working class Nassau....will E Meadow embrace the Lighthouse ....or the Suck?

C

Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry pal.

Dead wrong on Zoning.

With the exception of GC and Muttontown 40x100 is fairly standard for most of working class Nassau.

I thought Hicksville was majority Indian (like Floral Park) anyway.

Speaking of working class Nassau....will E Meadow embrace the Lighthouse ....or the Suck?

C
I would love to see the numbers. 60x100, yes, 40, I don't think so. Maybe in Floral Park, places like Elmont and Hempstead, too. Most places I've seen it 60x100...a big difference from 30 or 40...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I would love to see the numbers. 60x100, yes, 40, I don't think so. Maybe in Floral Park, places like Elmont and Hempstead, too. Most places I've seen it 60x100...a big difference from 30 or 40...
Big difference?

You mean between seeing your neighbor in the morning and touching your neighbor in the morning.

My Family comes out from Mineola and they oogle over my "sprawling" 100x100 lot like they were in Montana.

Your living in a rich mans town brother

Wecome to Sixthborough.

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

Im done

Anyway what about the lighthouse in E Meadow?

Will the Nimbys kill it ?

I hope not

C

Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Big difference?

You mean between seeing your neighbor in the morning and touching your neighbor in the morning.

My Family comes out from Mineola and they oogle over my "sprawling" 100x100 lot like they were in Montana.

Your living in a rich mans town brother

Wecome to Sixthborough.

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

MLSLI.com - Find a Home

Im done

Anyway what about the lighthouse in E Meadow?

Will the Nimbys kill it ?

I hope not

C
Hey, I think my 72x125 plot is a great size myself...and I don't live the the GC most people think about...nice, but not crazy...I have a little 1950 sq.ft. ranch.

Anyway, I didn't say no where in Nassau is 40x100, but it's not the entire county. And if you look at the density numbers of queens and nassau, you'll see the huge difference.

Enough of this, I agree...

I think the NIMBYs wil dumb it down quite a bit b/c they are idots and somehow think that nothing will every be built there...something has to be built there. Nassau needs tax dollars. People don't seem to understand that comes from development. Oh well, we have sometime before anything happends. I know the 30 story towers will be cut down, many lose some density in the overall space, etc. I hope something resembling this gets built. Hey, this is 2 minutes from my house, so don't tell me about being a NIMBY...I'm all for it. My single family home will be the same, and so will everyone elses around there.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Queens pop. density: 20,409 people per square mile
Nassau pop. density: 4,655 people per square mile

Not even close. I think I like this lighthouse thing, I'm not completely positive yet. I was kinda hoping it would be the huge 60 story tower and I'd be able to see if from my house though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island