Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I'll give it a look next time through. I forgot they are a HOA. i thought the signage looked like BHavens but it may be theirs.

If that be the case I wouldn't include Holbrook on this list.

Crooks
NE Village may have an HOA, but the streets are Islip. are you thinking of the colony??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
NE Village may have an HOA, but the streets are Islip. are you thinking of the colony??
Not the streets. The signage. My wife has a co worker in there. I thought up by Furrows.

I'm not disputing you if you say otherwise.

Crooks

Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Not the streets. The signage. My wife has a co worker in there. I thought up by Furrows.

I'm not disputing you if you say otherwise.

Crooks
There are a couple of private developments up there behind NE Village. They might have green/white signs but they are in Islip. The line is Union/LI Ave for the most part. It gets a little fuzzy near LI Ave and Nicolls.

But Furrows itself is all in Islip up till Nicolls Rd.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
There are a couple of private developments up there behind NE Village. They might have green/white signs but they are in Islip. The line is Union/LI Ave for the most part. It gets a little fuzzy near LI Ave and Nicolls.

But Furrows itself is all in Islip up till Nicolls Rd.
Thanks

Somedays I miss Walter.

Crooks

Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Yup - I lived in East for a year right before I left. It's very nice... Center is nice, as well - with parts of Moriches being essentially Mastic. East should be way higher on that list, Center, too . John Kanas lived in Center and he's no small beans. lol

Yeah but centers schools aren't as good as emo's. East kids can go to Westhampton HS.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:13 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Yeah but centers schools aren't as good as emo's. East kids can go to Westhampton HS.
I agree EMo's better, but like you're getting at they only have Elem and Middle schools... it's my understanding that they can choose Westhampton, Manorville, or Center Mo for HS via agreements with all 3. To your point I think most people will choose Westhampton. Busing included. It's a pretty good deal.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I agree EMo's better, but like you're getting at they only have Elem and Middle schools... it's my understanding that they can choose Westhampton, Manorville, or Center Mo for HS via agreements with all 3. To your point I think most people will choose Westhampton. Busing included. It's a pretty good deal.
Yes, and South manor used to have the same set up. It is a really good deal, but before we moved wet we heard rumors that East Moriches could merge with Centers HS. I think the East parents would riot if that happened. Does Center still have the kids from the Poopspatuck Indian Rez gong there? Big downside for their high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island