Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times

Advertisements

Well opinions are like, well something or other, everyone has one.

You keep saying we're pathetic, losers and don't have a life but here we all are together talking about it.
BTW, I know I speak for all the ex-pats when I say, thank you, thank you so much for finding us important enough to post about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Nothing to do with rules or terms of service. Nothing to do with our blood boiling. Everything to do with our OPINION that someone who leaves LI and still actively participates in debates over strictly local issues with no national importance needs to get a life.
The only time I'll ever stop voicing my opinion is not when I get a life but when it ends .... I'll debate any issue whether it be local, national, federal or otherwise... If you agree with what I post or not I really don't care but why do you(people) have to attack my character keep it civil and mature, that's all I'm asking..

Just because you leave doesn't mean you should be silenced.... After all isn't this country based on freedom of speech.... Sorry you don't like it but your going to have to live with it... Nothing personal

btw ... Pensions, taxes ,bankruptcies,col, housing,gas,cable, water, electric, car insurance,salaries ,budgets, unemployment, traffic,red light cameras, cancer,etc,etc are not local problems but national problems and concerns and its good to hear and learn how other parts of the country are dealing with these problems... Some places handle it better so for that fact.....

Last edited by BigMike50; 08-01-2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Well opinions are like, well something or other, everyone has one.

You keep saying we're pathetic, losers and don't have a life but here we all are together talking about it.
BTW, I know I speak for all the ex-pats when I say, thank you, thank you so much for finding us important enough to post about.
Actually, whoever ran to cry like a little punk to the mods about my so-called "enemies list" should have noted that I did not name any enemies so s/he is a moron. I left that part of the list blank with a "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE" notation. So, no, you're not that important to post about, but some of you wish you were, as evidenced by your presence around here.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
But you just proved that I am. Thanks it's been a tough day and its's nice to know someone is thinking about me.

I'm going to respect the mods and jump off of this Merry-go-Round of name calling.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Actually, whoever ran to cry like a little punk to the mods about my so-called "enemies list" should have noted that I did not name any enemies so s/he is a moron. I left that part of the list blank with a "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE" notation. So, no, you're not that important to post about, but some of you wish you were, as evidenced by your presence around here.
You made a list let me guess the people you most agree with....what made the top of the list....people you somewhat agree with their opinions probably made the middle and then the rest... The ones you have a problem a disgust with... Probably near the bottom.... Real mature.

Hey whether you live,lived or thinking of living on the island I don't care. I agree with some poster's opinions and not so much with others. To put all ex-pats in to groups according to your views or opinions is crazy. I'm an individual and voice my own experiences or opinions in which you might or might not agree.

Why do you feel your opinions are worth more then everyone's else's. Why just group people the left do you agree with all the posters that still live on the island... And why do they get a free pass? Thank god your not a mod

If your going to list one....list all to make it fair and then again it's solely based on your opinion

Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
You made a list let me guess the people you most agree with....what made the top of the list....people you somewhat agree with their opinions probably made the middle and then the rest... The ones you have a problem a disgust with... Probably near the bottom.... Real mature.

Hey whether you live,lived or thinking of living on the island I don't care. I agree with some poster's opinions and not so much with others. To put all ex-pats in to groups according to your views or opinions is crazy. I'm an individual and voice my own experiences or opinions in which you might or might not agree.

Why do you feel your opinions are worth more then everyone's else's. Why just group people the left do you agree with all the posters that still live on the island... And why do they get a free pass? Thank god your not a mod

If your going to list one....list all to make it fair and then again it's solely based on your opinion
It's not OPINIONS I hate; it's the nasty putdowns of NY and LI when people owe what they've got TO NY and LI in the first place in many cases. It's the needless and unwanted competitiveness with NY and LI. Whoever said there was a competition between which is a "better" place to live .. the expat's new home or LI? Yet some feel compelled to do so. The expats I "like" more do not do act like this. Do I have to repost seanx4's classic post on the subject again?

You have no place to talk because you are full of blarney a lot of the time. Stories, stories, stories. What can we believe from you anyway?

Jetties reminded you upthread about your disability gaffe ... caught posting about playing golf on a disability pension and then you say you only ride in the golf cart drinking a few beers with the golfers like a poor crippled soul. Yeah right!

Big career stories jammed into impossible timeframes ... military ... college ... police ... promoted to NYPD detective at age 23 ... retire on disability as lieutenant at 38 ... what a timeframe.

Your latest ... you posted you were scheduled for a major back operation on 7/22 so we were supposed to feel sorry for you. However, you were posting merrily away on 7/22. Another sob story.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
But you just proved that I am. Thanks it's been a tough day and its's nice to know someone is thinking about me.

I'm going to respect the mods and jump off of this Merry-go-Round of name calling.
No you won't. This is what you live for.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
It's not OPINIONS I hate; it's the nasty putdowns of NY and LI when people owe what they've got TO NY and LI in the first place in many cases. It's the needless and unwanted competitiveness with NY and LI. Whoever said there was a competition between which is a "better" place to live .. the expat's new home or LI? Yet some feel compelled to do so. The expats I "like" more do not do act like this. Do I have to repost seanx4's classic post on the subject again?

You have no place to talk because you are full of blarney a lot of the time. Stories, stories, stories. What can we believe from you anyway?

Jetties reminded you upthread about your disability gaffe ... caught posting about playing golf on a disability pension and then you say you only ride in the golf cart drinking a few beers with the golfers like a poor crippled soul. Yeah right!

Big career stories jammed into impossible timeframes ... military ... college ... police ... promoted to NYPD detective at age 23 ... retire on disability as lieutenant at 38 ... what a timeframe.

Your latest ... you posted you were scheduled for a major back operation on 7/22 so we were supposed to feel sorry for you. However, you were posting merrily away on 7/22. Another sob story.
Dr. pushed back...I'm not complaining, waiting till after summer, probably for the best

I did what I had to do no regrets so far

Yes I have lived and enjoyed and made some good decisions along the way.....not done yet.... lots ahead

If you want updates on what's going on in my life...DM me...I no longer post them on here because people like throwing it in my face....do you know what i mean?

Like the Great L.I.er said "I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone......"

Why keep bring up stuff from 4+ years ago You don't even know me but you hold on to what I say this freaking long....even my wife knows when to let things go " Ooo Let go, let go, let go,
let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go,
let it go, let it go, let it go,
let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go"

Old 08-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Address this part; this is what gets me going on the expats:

It's not OPINIONS I hate; it's the nasty putdowns of NY and LI when people owe what they've got TO NY and LI in the first place in many cases. It's the needless and unwanted competitiveness with NY and LI. Whoever said there was a competition between which is a "better" place to live .. the expat's new home or LI? Yet some feel compelled to do so. The expats I "like" more do not act like this. Do I have to repost seanx4's classic post on the subject again?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Address this part; this is what gets me going on the expats:

It's not OPINIONS I hate; it's the nasty putdowns of NY and LI when people owe what they've got TO NY and LI in the first place in many cases. It's the needless and unwanted competitiveness with NY and LI. Whoever said there was a competition between which is a "better" place to live .. the expat's new home or LI? Yet some feel compelled to do so. The expats I "like" more do not act like this. Do I have to repost seanx4's classic post on the subject again?
I speak for myself....yes I owe NY a lot not everyone left they way I left......some just left and owe nothing Everybody's situation is unique.

Seanx4 I forgot all about him and have no idea about this gospel post your referring to. Tell you the truth I don't take this stuff to heart.... I don't even remember 1/2 of yesterday....I'm sure it was a great post...he was a good guy but has it changed my life or point of view.....I say no because I don't remember it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island