Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,333,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathedog View Post
What you really mean to say is out of state posters are fine, just as long as they post something you agree with.
They are fine as long as they don't bash LI. You KNOW what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathedog View Post
To OP's point, the LI forum is so full of complaints, petty sniping and bullying, it's like that bad movie you can't stop watching, there's something perversely satisfying about participating.

Let's face it, there are many places in our grand country with problems, but I know of none with so many issues, so many people and so little that's being done to fix many of the issues. LI just keeps marching on, falling apart. And frankly, it's fun to watch the irrational, head-in-the-sand retorts from the clique members.

I too will continue posting and laughing.
Yet you still live here, so who's the one suffering? Sorry you couldn't afford to live anywhere in the SF Bay Area without a total 4+ hour round-trip commute. Just like you have it on LI.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
People bitching, sniping, making enemies lists, acting like cyberspace is the same place as the real world.

This is the best thread ever.
I knew you in particular would enjoy it.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,155,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What do you mean, care to lay out what is acceptable discussion for the forum's members?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
First off, who are YOU to tell me that LI's problems are no longer mine to bash? It's my hometown and my family is still there. In fact, I'm currently visiting. Second, I haven't ONCE posted about or referred to a LI problem. This thread,a s indicated in the very first post, was directed towards the PEOPLE of CDLI and their seemingly endless complaining about petty BS. I indicated right off the bat that I wasn't referring to general, blanket complaints on things such as taxes, LIPA, Cablevision, etc, which are all legitimate complaints.
Even worse you are not talking about issues but want to know why a bunch of anonymous internet posters are cantankerous. Who cares? Do you really care that much?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,155,328 times
Quote:
I knew you in particular would enjoy it.
Yes, I'm a big meany who disses on LI every chance I get. BTW, could you please point these occurrences out to me as I've seemed to have misplaced them?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,958,430 times
Default CD Long Island and complaining.

Quote:
It's ok by you if you feel like someone's post doesn't 'bash' the Island Ok someone that lived on the Island lets say 20 years or almost 40 like myself types... The taxes on the Island are higher then most places or saying cablevision sucks offends you? or saying the houses are bigger with less of a tax burden really makes your blood boil Since when do you set the rules of the forum or this sub forum? I don't see what you're saying in the rules/ terms of service but what I do see is no personal attacks! Hear that Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Nah, people probably get annoyed by a doosh like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Good for you big fat mike. You have nothing better to do than spend half your life on the LI board taking about how it is so much better where you live now, good for you. Congrats on that medal you received "after" 9-11. Also, enjoy playing golf, uh, I mean riding in the cart on the course, or what ever.

No one really cares what you post, we laugh AT you.
This is not bashing a town or an Island, this is personal....this is just rude,immature and not call for. Keep it civil....if I could live with this you could live with general info about the Island that you take as 'bashing'

Remember stress is the silent killer.... Have a great work day

Last edited by BigMike50; 08-01-2013 at 08:50 AM..

Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM

884 posts, read 1,407,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Internet tough guys never bothered me, if someone wants to live their Walter Mitty life behind a keyboard then more power to them. I'm one of those old people that thinks cyberspace is a place to share ideas and conversation and not a replacement for the real world.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,342,191 times
Its the NYC Metro area that you see the complaining in the most.
In other (rural) parts of the state there are more general everyday questions, people looking for information and not forcing their their opinions.

One thing I noticed is that we are a big fan of "lists" .... "Best", "Top", "Safest" etc etc....

Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,525,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
It's ok by you if you feel like someone's post doesn't 'bash' the Island Ok someone that lived on the Island lets say 20 years or almost 40 like myself types... The taxes on the Island are higher then most places or saying cablevision sucks offends you? or saying the houses are bigger with less of a tax burden really makes your blood boil Since when do you set the rules of the forum or this sub forum? I don't see what you're saying in the rules/ terms of service but what I do see is no personal attacks! Hear that Jet
Nothing to do with rules or terms of service. Nothing to do with our blood boiling. Everything to do with our OPINION that someone who leaves LI and still actively participates in debates over strictly local issues with no national importance needs to get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island