Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,768,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
No, getting upset about a non-LIer posting on a public forum makes you look pathetic. Even now, I barely post on the threads about schools, taxes, and civil service contracts (in fact, I don't think I ever have) I enjoy posting on the more light hearted topics on the forum. Shoot, I've even defended Long Island on multiple occasions when fellow LIers and overzealous expats got carried away bashing Long Island.

I got news for you buddy, I'll be posting here when I move-- get over it.
To OP's point, the LI forum is so full of complaints, petty sniping and bullying, it's like that bad movie you can't stop watching, there's something perversely satisfying about participating.

Let's face it, there are many places in our grand country with problems, but I know of none with so many issues, so many people and so little that's being done to fix many of the issues. LI just keeps marching on, falling apart. And frankly, it's fun to watch the irrational, head-in-the-sand retorts from the clique members.

I too will continue posting and laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,252,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
See i don't take this personal some might like I said keep it mature and civil

P.S. this response was actually a step above what usually comes from Jet... Maybe your in a continuing education class?
Good for you big fat mike. You have nothing better to do than spend half your life on the LI board taking about how it is so much better where you live now, good for you. Congrats on that medal you received "after" 9-11. Also, enjoy playing golf, uh, I mean riding in the cart on the course, or what ever.

No one really cares what you post, we laugh AT you.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:07 AM

19,304 posts, read 17,189,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
What are your thoughts as to why CDLI has significantly more complaining than other forums? I'm not talking about complaining about taxes, or LIPA, etc, but rather seemingly petty, meaningless stuff. This isn't a poke at any particular member. I'm genuinely curious. Enjoy the rest of your week...

To complain or as some of us refer to it kvetch (kvetch - definition of kvetch by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.) is an art form and CDLI is the high alter of those who participate!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:26 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,165,126 times
People bitching, sniping, making enemies lists, acting like cyberspace is the same place as the real world.

This is the best thread ever.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:29 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 14 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,318,442 times
Please be careful not to call out specific members (even if they are not living here ) . You may criticize any post that you want within reason, but it crosses the line when individuals are attacked. I know you all are enjoying the thread and I am trying to keep it open.

Gracias, nancy

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
What are your thoughts as to why CDLI has significantly more complaining than other forums? I'm not talking about complaining about taxes, or LIPA, etc, but rather seemingly petty, meaningless stuff. This isn't a poke at any particular member. I'm genuinely curious. Enjoy the rest of your week...
It sure has plenty of trolls

Old 08-01-2013, 06:22 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,231,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Thank you for posting that bigjretrac! Nobody objects to people posting when they move away as long as they are classy, not moron jackals just here for a put down or the see saw effect ("if I put down LI that automatically means wherever I moved, even if it is Hell On Earth, goes UP") or to justify their own shaky self-esteem and lack of confidence in their decision to move. Come here like a decent and respectful person and you will be welcomed.

This is what annoys me and the out of state jackals, including the author of this thread, definitely know it. MYOB in your own state. Sweep your side of the street. The problems of LI are no longer yours to bash. Go away and let us tend to them. We don't need you annoying us. And no, we still don't care how big your McMansion is, because at the end of the day we still don't want to live where you live if that's where we have to reside in order to get one like it. So go post how happy you are pooping in a different bathroom every day of the week on your new location's forum instead of bashing LI like a sick nasty obsessed jackal every single day of the rest of your life.
First off, who are YOU to tell me that LI's problems are no longer mine to bash? It's my hometown and my family is still there. In fact, I'm currently visiting. Second, I haven't ONCE posted about or referred to a LI problem. This thread,a s indicated in the very first post, was directed towards the PEOPLE of CDLI and their seemingly endless complaining about petty BS. I indicated right off the bat that I wasn't referring to general, blanket complaints on things such as taxes, LIPA, Cablevision, etc, which are all legitimate complaints.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,922,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
acting like cyberspace is the same place as the real world.
If more people did, we'd have fewer internet tough guys.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,165,126 times
Internet tough guys never bothered me, if someone wants to live their Walter Mitty life behind a keyboard then more power to them. I'm one of those old people that thinks cyberspace is a place to share ideas and conversation and not a replacement for the real world.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,531,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
No, getting upset about a non-LIer posting on a public forum makes you look pathetic. Even now, I barely post on the threads about schools, taxes, and civil service contracts (in fact, I don't think I ever have) I enjoy posting on the more light hearted topics on the forum. Shoot, I've even defended Long Island on multiple occasions when fellow LIers and overzealous expats got carried away bashing Long Island.
Hey, good for you. You're not the type we're complaining about.
Quote:
I got news for you buddy, I'll be posting here when I move-- get over it.
And if I see you bitching about taxes or civil service contracts after you move, I'm going to think you're a loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island