Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 07:02 AM

11 posts, read 4,618 times

Advertisements

Interesting! You certainly have a point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 177 times
Does anybody have any old yearbooks from school#5 from 1970 to 1976?

Old 04-12-2024, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 177 times
Does anybody remember anything about the Sally League? I know it was baseball for girls, but what ages?

Old 04-13-2024, 05:07 AM

Strike one and two for me. Sorry!

Old 04-13-2024, 01:28 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
My family has(had) been in Oceanside for generations. Since the early 1900’s.
Like real hardcore, old school townies.
As of 2024, there are only 7 family members left there in total.
Everyone else has moved out in the past 10 years, all moved out of state aside from a nephew that moved back to eastern Suffolk where the other side of the family originated. And there’s only a small handful of them left out there and that’s probably because they are old and near death. My brother who still lives there, has invested thousands of dollars in a state of the art security system with cameras, monitoring, the whole 9, because he got tired of people creeping on his property trying to break in to his car, and on 2 occasions, the house itself.
But lol, he said he will die in that house because he is “comfortable” there(he bought the family homestead from the folks when they downsized years ago). He’s sent me screenshots of dudes trying to get into his car multiple times. Cops don’t do anything. He calls and files a report every time. I haven’t stepped foot in Oceanside since 2016, maybe 2015?
And I’ll probably never step foot anywhere on LI again, just because I have no reason to at this point in my life. Miss me? Come visit me.

Old 04-15-2024, 05:59 AM

It is a sad state of affairs, isn't it. Appears to be happening in many small communities across the state. Squatters are the new problem. We don't have any family left on Long Island. I'm the only one left in NYS and quite happy living a comfortable life in upstate Saratoga County. All that is left is the memories of my youth in the mid-50's. Unpaved side streets, The Red Store, walking to School 4, etc. Progress is inevitable, but unchecked crime and vandalism are destroying the very core values of a quality family life.
Glad to hear you are among the many who have chosen a quality of life to suite your needs. We move forward. There is no looking back. As they say, " you can't put the Genie back in the bottle."

All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island