Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM

93 posts, read 263,304 times

Advertisements

PLAYING ARMY; DEPENDS ON HOW OLD YOU ARE!
We played little kid army for years,just like everyone else,TILL, one year we let the girls play as nurses. ARMY WAS NEVER THE SAME .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:31 PM

BORROWING (stealing) OTHER KIDS BIKES,TOYS, MITS.
a common habit of the (ME) kids who didnt have anything. It wasnt really stealing,kinda borrowing it for months,and if u forgot about it,well i guess its mine now. Thanks for getting me out of queens in time MOM & DAD .

Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM

SKOOL (woops) SCHOOL DAYS.........THE EARLY YEARS
me and school never got along,i hated all my teachers, and they hated me. All my pre tests for IQ graded above average for some reason. HERES A BIG SECRET! i never did any of my homework and still passed every class,true i never did homework. PLEASE DONT TELL MY MOTHER.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,764,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952 KID View Post
SKOOL (woops) SCHOOL DAYS.........THE EARLY YEARS
me and school never got along,i hated all my teachers, and they hated me. All my pre tests for IQ graded above average for some reason. HERES A BIG SECRET! i never did any of my homework and still passed every class,true i never did homework. PLEASE DONT TELL MY MOTHER.
I was exactly the same way. But, at some point I was hit with the Mother's Curse, "I hope that someday you have a kid that's exactly like you." Guess what? It came true. And, I once heard my wife say the same thing to him, so I guess it will carry on at least one more generation!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Well fellow babyboomers,what a fantastic time to be a kid,tv was new,the music was new,new schools,stores and malls,new clothes styles,new hair styles,all new and great things were happening then. The thing is that; WE REALLY BELIEVED IT WAS ALL FOR US,TO MAKE IT NICER AND BETTER FOR US. THANKS FOR LETTING ME RAMBLE ON,ILL LEAVE YOU WITH ONE THING,,,......YOU GOT THE KOODIES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 PM

THE DARK SIDE; things our parents never found out about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT SAFE TO TELL NOW?
ICE BURG JUMPING IN THE SUMP,ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!
JUMPING OUT OF TWO STORY WINDOWS OF NEW UNFINSHED HOUSES.
CLIMBING THE HIGH TENSION WIRE POLES,TO THE TOP!!!!!!! YOU FEEL THE VIBRATION OF THE CURRENT.
EXPLORING ALL THE SEWER SYSTEMS IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT,UNDER GROUND,YOU START IN THE SUMP,FLASHLITE AND WRAP TOWELS ON YOUR KNEES. CRAWL THROUGH ALL THE PIPES AND STAND UP IN EACH SEWER .WHAT IF IT RAINED HARD????
HAVE A PARTY AT NITE IN THE MODEL HOMES,ONE DAY WE TRIED A DOOR,IT OPENED, AND NO ALARMS IN THOSE DAYS,ONE OF OUR ABOVE TOP SECRET SECRETS.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM

YOU CAN GO BACK!!!!REALLY

Our brain still stores all these experiences,even if you think you forgot most of it. Its all there,the feelings the sounds the smells. EXAMPLE; walk past some flowers in bloom that you havent smelled for 30 years in the bronx at grandma house.You will be instantly transported 30years back to that room,and will probably remember alittle more detail then you previously remembered,it starts filling the blanks for you. These are small trips back,but,you really did go back,everything around you just stopped ,you were 12 again,all your attitudes can be felt and remembered,for just a few seconds. You can make this happen, get on a bike,last time 40years ago,you will feel that last memory on the bike,you brain has to referance you back to that mind state when you last rode a bike. GO ON UTUBE! Watch an old cartoon that looks familiar.it will instantly bring u back,you will feel, smell ,see like your 6 again,for a few seconds.Its a scary kinda feeling,knowing you just went back.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM

TOYS I REMEMBER,AND THERE PRICES NOW.

Remember all the cheap made in japan toys, a gold mine now!
Old tin cars from the 1960's ,the ones our parents wouldnt get because they had sharp edges. Some of these cars go for 16,000.00,cadillacs and other luxury cars,the big ones 12'' to 16''. So check your attic or basement,or grandmas house. Check out ebay on vintage toys you will be shocked at the prices,you may have some of these rare toys,and not be aware of the demand and prices being paid for them.ROBOTS from the 1960's are sky high, working or not. 1960's dolls have some high prices. The more complex MARX AND HASBRO toys, demand very high prices. Your old toys you saved may save you now. really check it out.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM

1960's FEAR TACTICS

MY FATHERS BELT
MY MOTHERS SHOE

1960'S CULTURE SHOCK.
Living in Queens till 1964, we all dressed ''hood'' tight high pants with white socks and pointed shoes,if you had cuban heels the was "boss''. Brill cream and slick it back. Then we moved to Setauket in the summer of 1964,here i am looking like the freaken fonz. First day of school,CULTURE SHOCK!, button down shirts,tennis sweaters,oxblood pennyloafers,guys and girls with pennys in them! WHA THE FAAA.

So, me mini fonz,had to go to the high tide store in setauket 25a, and try to look preppy, still had my Queens walk,kinda bopped as you walked, a dead give away.

AROUND TOWN; MID TO LATE 1960'S
SETAUKET; not much to do when we first moved there,but we had woods, lots of woods.tree house city. Play in the sump. Then smithhaven mall was being built on i think yellow top farm. Wow our own mall! They had a spiral centerpiese in the mall with water dripping down spiraling strings.The pet shop had two big cages of exotic birds in the isle. Other choices for stores where BILLY BLAKES, nesconset hwy. Or Port Jeff station,or Patchouge SWEAZIES. WHITES in middle island,that was probably still billyblakes then.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-03-2008 at 06:43 PM..

Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
Dear 1952,

Instead of posting so often, do you think that you could try to condense your posts into one or two larger ones ?
Thanks.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island