Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM

123 posts, read 647,513 times

Advertisements

Since it is an opinion piece, and obviously in an outlet featuring younger writers, I don't see why his thoughts shouldn't see the light of day. Why, because they don't agree with yours?

MTV is a nightmare, and everytime I catch part of one of their shows I weep for America's future. But the materialistic, shallow fools (teens and parents) are very different from an articulate young man voice thoughts that may be too idealistic and liberal for some.

And kind it's getting OT, but what's wrong with Sesame Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 PM

16 posts, read 69,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
NEW VOICES: Looking to integrate West Islip

KYLE BELL | Kyle Bell is a senior at West Islip High School.
December 14, 2007

For me to write about racial tensions on Long Island is difficult. I live in a town surrounded by a bubble that coldly filters out minorities but unapologetically admits whites. What's worse is that some people living here would rather shelter themselves inside the bubble than pop it and become more sensitive to the outside world.

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-opbel145499759dec14,0,7919434.story (broken link)
YOU WANT DIVERSITY, HOW ABOUT YOU MOVE AWAY.....LET ME SEE, GO LIVE IN BED-STY BROOKLYN OR BETTER YET CROWN HEIGHTS,

I will keep paying high taxes for NO diversity,

that's why I live here in White islip

thank you!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
Im glad to see you take your white race in stride. But on the other hand I find your thinking to be very closed minded and down right ignorant! I have friends and family from many different colors and nationalaties. All are good hard working people, just like me and you. So lets clean up the hatred thoughts. Life is to short!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEAWAYFAST!!! View Post
YOU WANT DIVERSITY, HOW ABOUT YOU MOVE AWAY.....LET ME SEE, GO LIVE IN BED-STY BROOKLYN OR BETTER YET CROWN HEIGHTS,

I will keep paying high taxes for NO diversity,

that's why I live here in White islip

thank you!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
okaaaaaaaaaay. Let's keep this civil, guys. Gee, this is the Easter season even !

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-21-2008, 05:53 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Default Please don't forget the one-day rabbinic Jewish Festival of Purim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Gee, this is the Easter season even !
Today is Purim: so please don't forget the one-day rabbinic Jewish Festival of Purim (PU-rim, PAWR-im), a very merry celebration of the events that occurred in the 5th Century BCE in the then Persian capitol of Shushan* as described in the Megillah (m'-GILL-uh) Hadassah (Book of Esther), that began at sundown yesterday (Thursday, March 20) on the civil calendar, and with its costumes, noisemakers, food baskets, hamantashen cookies, a festive meal and carnivals, Purim is a favorite Jewish holiday for children and adults alike, especially for those with a great thirst because Purim requires more alcohol consumption than does St. Paddy's Day.

* Today, that area is the Iranian city of Susa, located southwest of Teheran, near the Iran/Iraq border.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Im glad to see you take your white race in stride. But on the other hand I find your thinking to be very closed minded and down right ignorant! I have friends and family from many different colors and nationalaties. All are good hard working people, just like me and you. So lets clean up the hatred thoughts. Life is to short!!
Listen, maybe you should move away too, how about CENTRAL ISLIP,,,,,,,,,,

I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS TOO, BUT I WOULD NOT WANT THEM TO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO ME,

I BET YOU CAN'T EVEN NAME A "GOOD" AREA FILLED WITH DIVERSITY

I LIVED IT, I GREW UP IN BROOKLYN

SO UNLESS YOU LIVED IT, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Are all people in West Islip like this guy? I need to make a mental note to avoid stopping there on trips out east.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

To All Of Those I've Offended, I Will Keep My Thoughts To Myself

Old 03-22-2008, 03:06 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEAWAYFAST!!! View Post
I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS TOO, BUT I WOULD NOT WANT THEM TO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO ME,
With "friends" like this, who needs enemies?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
With "friends" like this, who needs enemies?
TomMoser, how about you go sell a house

I will not reply to anything you say, I'm bored and all done with these posts

goodbye everyone and take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island