Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,815,748 times

Advertisements

The traffic, the rude people, the lack of green space. Can't wait to plow through the Holland Tunnel to get back out. I feel like a rat in a cage here. Don't believe the people that say you will feel homesick once you leave here. Don't feel homesick one bit! In fact, the relatives will have to visit me next year. Just loving my new home with the mountains, the parks, the wide open space, the availability of jobs within a half an hour of my house, and most of all the reasonable property taxes!

Last edited by ny789987; 01-02-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 05:46 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
You are a lucky SOB. Thanks for ruining my year by reminding me of this lifelong sentence I am forced to serve because my wife insists it is the best place to be.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 19,798 times
I really enjoy the winters on Long Island. They are generally mild; when it snows it usually melts in a few days and even when it's cold it is so bright and sunny.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 PM

338 posts, read 556,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
You are a lucky SOB. Thanks for ruining my year by reminding me of this lifelong sentence I am forced to serve because my wife insists it is the best place to be.
Has she ever lived outside Long Island? No way in hell could I live there permanently.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:54 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comix View Post
I really enjoy the winters on Long Island. They are generally mild; when it snows it usually melts in a few days and even when it's cold it is so bright and sunny.
Sunshine during the winter months makes a big difference to one's psyche. There's a swath from PA through New England that has a cloud cover through most of the winter making it rather dreary. It must exacerbate seasonal affective disorder.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 PM

483 posts, read 670,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
The traffic, the rude people, the lack of green space. Can't wait to plow through the Holland Tunnel to get back out. I feel like a rat in a cage here. Don't believe the people that say you will feel homesick once you leave here. Don't feel homesick one bit! In fact, the relatives will have to visit me next year. Just loving my new home with the mountains, the parks, the wide open space, the availability of jobs within a half an hour of my house, and most of all the reasonable property taxes!
Good for you? I guess?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:07 PM

413 posts, read 599,174 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Yawn.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
I miss the place, and look forward to getting back.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,438 times
I'm right there with ya, ny789987!! After spending my first 56 years on the Island, we permanently moved to the Bluegrass on my birthday two years ago. Went back for a visit and found that I don't miss anything about it one iota!!

Old 01-03-2015, 06:07 AM

355 posts, read 390,870 times
[quote=ny789987;37862226]The traffic, the rude people, the lack of green space. Can't wait to plow through the Holland Tunnel to get back out. I feel like a rat in a cage here. Don't believe the people that say you will feel homesick once you leave here. Don't feel homesick one bit! In fact, the relatives will have to visit me next year. Just loving my new home with the mountains, the parks, the wide open space, the availability of jobs within a half an hour of my house, and most of all the reasonable property taxes![/QUOTE
Ask me sometime ago I would've been in total disagreement . But after my new life adventure your 100% correct. Best of luck .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island