Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 08:23 PM

855 posts, read 452,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Seriously? Then pray tell, how does someone who overeats affect my quality of life as does leaf blowing?

And btw, objections to leaf blowing are not limited to Long Island. Numerous cities across the entire country have either placed restrictions on leaf blowing or banned it altogether. It's a widespread and legitimate concern.
No. There's a segment of LIers which are the most sensitive sissies the world has ever seen.

Which is funny given they're also some of the most obnoxious drivers the world has ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 10:34 AM

1,107 posts, read 553,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
No. There's a segment of LIers which are the most sensitive sissies the world has ever seen.

Which is funny given they're also some of the most obnoxious drivers the world has ever seen.
And now you claim insight of "the world." You're a piece of work. I'm just glad you're not my neighbor. You're the most negative, self-absorbed person I've encountered here on C-D. Sorry your life is so miserable. I'm done reading about it. Time to ignore.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:49 PM

855 posts, read 452,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
And now you claim insight of "the world." You're a piece of work. I'm just glad you're not my neighbor. You're the most negative, self-absorbed person I've encountered here on C-D. Sorry your life is so miserable. I'm done reading about it. Time to ignore.
I'm actually having a great time.

And my neighbors adore me.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:34 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,362,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Am I reading correctly that a resident is not allowed to use a gas powered leaf blower? Your police must have a lot of time on their hands to be making calls for these violations.
Don’t worry. Once they’re defunded, everyone will be able to use gas powered leaf blowers all day long without a problem.

Old 11-23-2020, 01:05 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Don’t worry. Once they’re defunded, everyone will be able to use gas powered leaf blowers all day long without a problem.
When a community on Long Island defunds, reduces cost, eliminates anything that could lower the tax obligation let me know because that will be a first..

Old 11-23-2020, 02:25 PM

1,107 posts, read 553,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
When a community on Long Island defunds, reduces cost, eliminates anything that could lower the tax obligation let me know because that will be a first..
Yeah, no. I'd rather keep the cops paid and the crime down. The school taxes are what's killing us. You want to lower the tax obligation? Let's start there.

But that's for another thread.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:56 PM

983 posts, read 726,156 times
I can't wait for gas based machines, even for commercial use, is a thing of the past.
With the new administration pushing for things like these will be easier.
I'm totally in for laws that prohibit gas leaf blowers.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:07 PM

983 posts, read 726,156 times
"The California Environmental Protection Agency estimated that operating a commercial leaf blower for one hour would emit more pollution than driving a 2016 Toyota Camry for about 1,100 miles. ... The reason leaf blowers and related devices are so dirty is because many use two-stroke engines."

Old 12-27-2020, 12:10 PM

27 posts, read 19,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
I can't wait for gas based machines, even for commercial use, is a thing of the past.
With the new administration pushing for things like these will be easier.
I'm totally in for laws that prohibit gas leaf blowers.
Won’t happen in your lifetime. Unless of course, we get to see the miniaturization of nuclear power cells. Then we get to figure out how to dispose of all the nuclear waste we generate from it every year. Commercial landscapers won’t use battery powered blowers because they can’t be charged effectively while on the road going from house to house. Unless of course, they get to start their gasoline generators the entire time they are at the properties they service so they can charge their batteries. Which brings us back to square one.

It’s a conundrum that outlast you and I for generations until the proliferation of hydrogen powered small engines. And so the debate over gasoline powered leaf blowers will rage on for generations to come. You might as well just give up now.

Old 12-29-2020, 07:05 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
Landscaping companies need way more regulation. Leave blowers all summer are highly unnecessary and a detriment to the neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island