Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 01:30 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
https://youtu.be/E6M9XXNew1A

76M mentally ill and or bad hombres. That’s a fact, Jack!
Oh please. That was a long fired campaign co chairman from the 2016 campaign. Trump NEVER cared about the national debt and did very little to curb it whatsoever. Nor did he ever make any real attempt to do anything about it. There were a few in the administration that tried but they went nowhere

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...046.html%3famp

“Aides reportedly reveal president does not see tackling ballooning $21.8 trillion debt as ‘crucial’ to his legacy”

Old 12-05-2020, 01:46 PM

412 posts, read 290,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Ask a moderate dem what it means, you'll get one answer. Ask a progressive liberal, you'll get another (more extreme) answer. But go ahead and blame the right for not knowing what it means.

Words have defined meanings. "Defund" doesn't mean reallocate or restructure. It means to stop funding. The right knows precisely what it means, so don't blame them for having a grasp on vocabulary. Perhaps the left should pick up a dictionary before they run with a slogan using words that *they* don't understand.
I think I will still blame the right. I will also blame the left for a poor label for the idea, especially knowing how a big portion of the right just latches on to buzz words without analysis.

Frankly, I think the idea is pro police. It acknowledges that we ask them to do too much...be a crime fighter, social worker, drug counselor, relationship mediator, etc. Reduce their funds a bit and divert some to better address these other problems and the cops can have a more focused and manageable role. They would probably end up with more $ per call this way.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:31 AM

1,107 posts, read 553,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
I think I will still blame the right. I will also blame the left for a poor label for the idea, especially knowing how a big portion of the right just latches on to buzz words without analysis.

Frankly, I think the idea is pro police. It acknowledges that we ask them to do too much...be a crime fighter, social worker, drug counselor, relationship mediator, etc. Reduce their funds a bit and divert some to better address these other problems and the cops can have a more focused and manageable role. They would probably end up with more $ per call this way.
A concept as important as policing cannot and should not be reduced to a buzz word. Buzz words are nothing more than marketing. When it comes to discussion, the left have been all over the place on the issue of police reform. There is no way to analyze their intent when they themselves haven't yet fleshed out a solid proposal.

I have no problem with police reform as you describe it, provided that if funds are diverted for special purposes, their job duties and responsibilities are reduced accordingly. If you're going to divert funding from the police department to mental health professionals, then the police should not be called on to bear responsibility or risk of responding to calls involving disturbed individuals. Domestic situations? Send the "relationship mediators", not the police.

Oh, and take them off security detail for politicians.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:54 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
Once the house legislation to decriminalize marijuana becomes federal law the police department are going to have a lot less work in the underprivileged communities. The prison system will also get a big break in incarcerations. Sounds like tax savings to me!

Old 12-06-2020, 04:18 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
This coming from a guy who just called Trump a despicable excuse for a human being, and the tens of millions who voted for him and don’t see the world the way you do sheep. Try taking a look in the mirror...
What are you even trying to say? I'm calling you guys out for name calling the opposing team when he himself represents every name you call others. Why do you even do it? What you just said doesn't even make any sense. You don't have to see the world the way I do, only see him the way the rest of the world does, which is embarrassingly obvious. Sheep = blindly following. Also obvious who the sheep are in this fight to the death tantrum of his. It's just comical at this point. The only reason it's even being entertained is because he's the standing president - also an American embarrassment.

Last edited by ovi8; 12-06-2020 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-06-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
What are you even trying to say? I'm calling you guys out for name calling the opposing team when he himself represents every name you call others. Why do you even do it? What you just said doesn't even make any sense. You don't have to see the world the way I do, only see him the way the rest of the world does, which is embarrassingly obvious. Sheep = blindly following. Also obvious who the sheep are in this fight to the death tantrum of his. It's just comical at this point. The only reason it's even being entertained is because he's the standing president - also an American embarrassment.
Yawn please spare me. I’d take him (massively flawed as he is) over another fake career political robot like Biden or Romney any day. But I get it, you don’t like his “mean” tweets. To each his own.

You hear the latest? Reports are saying trump is going to skip the inauguration and hold a rally in FL at the same time as Biden’s speech to announce he’s running again in 2024.

Last edited by peconic117; 12-06-2020 at 05:59 PM..

Old 12-06-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Once the house legislation to decriminalize marijuana becomes federal law the police department are going to have a lot less work in the underprivileged communities. The prison system will also get a big break in incarcerations. Sounds like tax savings to me!
Lol I wouldn’t hold your breath on that becoming law soon skippy. And speaking of marijuana what are YOU smoking exactly??? No one goes to prison for simple possession of weed. In NY for instance it’s an appearance ticket at worst (in NYC it’s nothing), in the federal system the threshold for marijuana charges is hundreds of pounds with intent to distribute. The police are not wasting resources on weed smokers especially here. You need to stop listening to buzzfeed and CNN, wake up.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:00 PM

So apparently these mentally ill individuals have a named themselves!! They have been to Staten Island to protest the shuttering of Macs ale house and today they wasted their day partying outside Cuomos house to ruin his birthday. It’s hilariously sad!!!!

Old 12-06-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol I wouldn’t hold your breath on that becoming law soon skippy. And speaking of marijuana what are YOU smoking exactly??? No one goes to prison for simple possession of weed. In NY for instance it’s an appearance ticket at worst (in NYC it’s nothing), in the federal system the threshold for marijuana charges is hundreds of pounds with intent to distribute. The police are not wasting resources on weed smokers especially here. You need to stop listening to buzzfeed and CNN, wake up.
Those of us who are honest know very well, that only depends on the color of your skin. You’re right though any white person can be caught in a car stinking of weed and nothing will happen. Not even a ticket!! I’ve been privileged more than a few times.

Old 12-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Those of us who are honest know very well, that only depends on the color of your skin. You’re right though any white person can be caught in a car stinking of weed and nothing will happen. Not even a ticket!! I’ve been privileged more than a few times.
Lol I bet you have. No shock there! You do shrooms too cheech?

Yeah ok. You continue to live in LaLa land like it’s 1950s policing the “reefer”. Police walk on eggshells in minority communities today.No one gets put away for simple possession of weed anymore no matter the color of your skin especially in NY. But you keep on believing your warped narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island