Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 03:33 AM

6,385 posts, read 13,172,764 times

Advertisements

There is always that one moron who brings politics into everything. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Interesting. Trump green lights a quick vaccine and long island trumpers won't take it. Very interesting. I thought you guys were loyal to the end???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 04:58 AM

914 posts, read 887,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I’m not an anti vaxer, but why would anyone put this into their body without any type of prolonged tests on side effects. That’s just idiotic if you ask me. All we have been hearing is how bad the side affects are from Covid and how they will hurt people even after they recover from it.

And if the scientists answer is no side effects due to the small dose then I should be good because I was already exposed to it.
You do you!

Old 12-14-2020, 05:03 AM

1,277 posts, read 570,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Hell no.
The guy from Northwell said they are going to disperse it only partially in each department INCASE OF SIDE EFFECTS. Seriously. You don't KNOW IF or WHAT the side effects are? LOL LOL LOL. Nope. I think I'll wait -until they sort through THAT. They've really got no idea what this vaccine is going to do to you - short term - let alone long term.
This could just be as simple as the normal immune response to the vaccine, which makes the user feel sick for a few days means it's working. If the entire department does that at the same time, it's hard to operate.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:02 AM

11,654 posts, read 12,731,603 times
80 percent of the trial participants experienced side effects. The side effects could be bad enough that they won't be able to function properly for a day or two with fever, chills, aches. Sounds miserable, but after that, you should be o.k. Most participants felt the side effects after the second dose.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:13 AM

6,385 posts, read 13,172,764 times
Exactly. That’s what makes America great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
You do you!

Old 12-15-2020, 12:17 AM

323 posts, read 200,192 times
My husband, my kids and I are not taking the vaccine. There is no way I trust something that was pushed out so fast without a longer term study. I don't want the corona-virus, but for most people that get it, it is just like a really bad flu. I fear the vaccine more than it.

I notice elderly people like my mom and dad and 70+ year old relatives are going to be lining up willingly to get it, but I worry it might harm them or give them bad side effects. I have lots of family members who work at jobs that require yearly mandatory flu vaccines who told me they will quit their jobs if they are forced to take the vaccine. This is very telling. Most people don't trust this vaccine and rightfully so.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:31 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,280,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
My husband, my kids and I are not taking the vaccine. There is no way I trust something that was pushed out so fast without a longer term study. I don't want the corona-virus, but for most people that get it, it is just like a really bad flu. I fear the vaccine more than it.

I notice elderly people like my mom and dad and 70+ year old relatives are going to be lining up willingly to get it, but I worry it might harm them or give them bad side effects. I have lots of family members who work at jobs that require yearly mandatory flu vaccines who told me they will quit their jobs if they are forced to take the vaccine. This is very telling. Most people don't trust this vaccine and rightfully so.
What’s telling is that none of your family has looked into the science behind the vaccine.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:19 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,538,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
What’s telling is that none of your family has looked into the science behind the vaccine.
Science or statistics? Because if I get Rona, my survival rate is 99.4%
For .6% I’m good! I’ll take those odds VS. taking the vaccine with zero long term “scientific” evidence.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:22 AM

37,133 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Science or statistics? Because if I get Rona, my survival rate is 99.4%
For .6% I’m good! I’ll take those odds VS. taking the vaccine with zero long term “scientific” evidence.
If you get it, your survival is either 0% or 100%.

Statistics apply to groups, not individuals.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:40 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,782,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post

Hold on here, weren’t you freaking out about the virus earlier in the year like it was the second coming of the Black Plague? Now they are offering you a vaccine so you won’t get the virus you fear and you won’t take it??

Mind. Blown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: