Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 08:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times

Advertisements

I will get the vaccine and so will my husband. We will both be 64 by the time it comes around to us.

There will be months and millions of people who will have gotten it before us to see what kind, if any, adverse side effects there are.

My friend who is immunocompromised and still working as a Respiratory Therapist got her vaccine this week. It's a relief. I was so worried about her.

We are retired so we can just keep doing what we're doing. It's a boring life, but necessary for the time being. So many more people need the vaccine much more than we do. We can wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 02:41 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Received my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.

I would like to thank president Trump for getting mass delivery so quickly.

I would also thank President Trump for:
- Rapid approval of an array of immunotherapies which has dramatically reduced morbidity and mortality rates.
- federal funding for way more testing than any other country
- rapid mass manufacture and availability of ventilators so we never faced a shortage like other countries (e.g. Italy)
- early travel ban from high risk areas when it was deemed politically incorrect to do so
- federal medical facilities (e.g. Javits center, hospital ships) so that Ny medical facilities were never overwhelmed. It's a disgrace Cuomo underutilized them and caused so many nursing home deaths.

Thank you President Trump.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:58 PM

411 posts, read 288,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post

- Rapid approval of an array of immunotherapies which has dramatically reduced morbidity and mortality rates.
- rapid mass manufacture and availability of ventilators so we never faced a shortage like other countries (e.g. Italy)
- early travel ban from high risk areas when it was deemed politically incorrect to do so
- federal medical facilities (e.g. Javits center, hospital ships) so that Ny medical facilities were never overwhelmed. It's a disgrace Cuomo underutilized them and caused so many nursing home deaths.

Other than the delusion side effect, how are you tolerating it?

Old 12-25-2020, 06:11 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post

The contrast w/Cuomo (who screamed needlessly about ventilators for months, screamed needlessly for a ship for weeks, and pulled that stunt with the nursing homes, etc.) is fairly stark.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:24 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The contrast w/Cuomo (who screamed needlessly about ventilators for months, screamed needlessly for a ship for weeks, and pulled that stunt with the nursing homes, etc.) is fairly stark.
Cuomo was and still is terrible.
He handled the whole thing hideously.
He should be in prison at a minimum.
Going on TV EVERY morning and talking about the same crap over and over was useless and a farce and an over glorified photo op. He took advantage of this just like he did with Hurricane Sandy.
He is a power predator. Very dangerous man.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:55 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Cuomo was and still is terrible.
He handled the whole thing hideously.
He should be in prison at a minimum.
Going on TV EVERY morning and talking about the same crap over and over was useless and a farce and an over glorified photo op. He took advantage of this just like he did with Hurricane Sandy.
He is a power predator. Very dangerous man.

But he succeeded in his goal: he got national attention and people across the nation now who he is.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:21 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post

But he succeeded in his goal: he got national attention and people across the nation now who he is.
Exactly. Now there’s a whole more buncha morons that think he’s the next JFK or something.
He’s far closer to Hitler.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:28 PM

7 posts, read 7,771 times
I got the vaccine 4 days ago at a hospital that I work in. no side effects.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:35 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerpam View Post
I got the vaccine 4 days ago at a hospital that I work in. no side effects.
When you say no side effects you mean literally nothing, not even arm soreness?

Old 12-26-2020, 05:44 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Exactly. Now there’s a whole more buncha morons that think he’s the next JFK or something.
He’s far closer to Hitler.

Kim Jong Cuomo is a better interpretation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: