Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 01:48 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,386,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
The mask wearing before you have to be seated. So basically he works from home doesn't go anywhere except to his mom's or my mom's. He would rather stay home then have to wear a mask out somewhere.
I told him it's no big deal but I've lost that battle. He feels it's ridiculous that you need to wear a mask when you enter a restaurant but it's ok to take it off once you are seated and eating. I agree.
Well masks are required everywhere and are going to be a way of life for a while so I hope your husband doesn't ever plan on leaving the house. Otherwise he will be very disappointed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 09:03 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Well masks are required everywhere and are going to be a way of life for a while so I hope your husband doesn't ever plan on leaving the house. Otherwise he will be very disappointed
LOL he doesn't plan on leaving the house except to see his mom. and if we do need to go into a store he waits in the car. I think he's being ridiculous but you can't tell him that. I'll gladly go out and run errands and wear my my mask no big deal.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
LOL he doesn't plan on leaving the house except to see his mom. and if we do need to go into a store he waits in the car. I think he's being ridiculous but you can't tell him that. I'll gladly go out and run errands and wear my my mask no big deal.
I mean to each their own but I don’t find the masks to be all that big of a deal. I’d rather live my life fairly normally with a mask than hide inside my house & never do anything.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:40 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Quote:
I mean to each their own but I don’t find the masks to be all that big of a deal. I’d rather live my life fairly normally with a mask than hide inside my house & never do anything.
I agree. He suffers from Anxiety too and that may be part of it.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:18 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Quote:
Wearing a mask sucks, and I don’t enjoy it at all. But, currently wearing it keeps my favorite restaurants open, my gym available and air travel possible. So I slap that wet diaper on my face and keep on living.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:20 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,521,960 times
This city slicker isn't doing any indoor dining until vaccination. So many particles flying around indoors with people eating and talking. Risk infection for something I can just take out or make myself? Why?

Old 01-28-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
This city slicker isn't doing any indoor dining until vaccination. So many particles flying around indoors with people eating and talking. Risk infection for something I can just take out or make myself? Why?
Well according to Cuomo, 74% of infections are caught at home ...

Old 01-28-2021, 05:55 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,521,960 times
Quote:
Well according to Cuomo, 74% of infections are caught at home ...
From people who got infected elsewhere and brought it home to grandma.

How are we still not understanding this? You wanna go eat out, enjoy.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:05 PM

It's really not hard.

You lay down the ground rules and enforce them, such as one of my favorite Saturday morning breakfast places.
ATTENTION: NO ONE WITH A FEVER OR SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19 IS PERMITTED IN THE RESTAURANT

*DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING, SEATING IS NOW LIMITED
*MASK WEARING IS MANDATORY
*ALL PERSONS IN PARTY MUST BE ​​​​PRESENT TO BE SEATED
*NO PARTIES OVER 6 PEOPLE
*FIRST COME FIRST SERVED​​
Moore Street Cafe

And you take care of your staff which also takes care of your customers.
And when COVID shows up you send a message out on social media, like they did today...

Unfortunately, we have had a staff member test positive for COVID-19. To protect our staff and guests we will be closing temporarily until we can ensure the safety of our staff and guests. We appreciate your kindness and loyalty during these trying times.
Be back soon...

Then you clean and get your crew tested, the health dept shows up, checks things over and you open up again. They've done this drill before and there is still a wait to get in when they reopen.

FWIW We were just there Saturday. A few weekends before another eatery called me saying they had to cancel my reservation because one of their staff came down with the Rona. We just made reservations for the next week and everything was fine. A third place also had someone come down with it and they closed for just a week and once again we went. I think most restaurants are doing their best to have a safe place for staff and customers. As a customer I try and do the same.
This may be the "new" normal but I'm still able to live my "old" normal life.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverTrump View Post
The times I've been to LI and other places outside of the city, seeing people dining indoors seems indoors and kinda gross. I think probably just because we have gotten so used to not doing it.
Ever been camping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: