Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 09:30 AM

22,728 posts, read 36,950,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
From the MIT study:

As for social distancing outdoors, Bazant says it makes almost no sense and that doing so with masks on is "kind of crazy."

"If you look at the air flow outside, the infected air would be swept away and very unlikely to cause transmission. There are very few recorded instances of outdoor transmission."

The fully vaccinated outdoor double maskers are thoroughly uninterested in following the science. (MIT or otherwise).
I'm still trying to figure out why my kid needs to wear a mask running track when the cross country kids (who tend to run in packs) didn't have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 09:52 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why my kid needs to wear a mask running track when the cross country kids (who tend to run in packs) didn't have to.

But if you are a Hollywood liberal elite, you can be in an enclosed room full of others without masks during the Oscars. That's liberal science for you. And if you question them, "You don't believe in science!".

Old 04-26-2021, 09:56 AM

6,387 posts, read 13,195,576 times
^^ And the above 2 scenarios is why the majority of people have had enough!

Old 04-26-2021, 10:51 AM

975 posts, read 1,428,831 times
Also, why was it true that a group of teenagers can play a hockey game (insert any other sport you want), where they are in each others faces all game long, but they can't do a handshake line at the end???

Old 04-26-2021, 11:14 AM

5,097 posts, read 3,991,847 times
Apparently the ‘experts’ just learned outdoor transmission is quite rare. Before you laugh, they only had about a year to realize this. So the CDC is going to relax outdoor masking guidelines. No apologies, apparently for all those missed outdoor events.

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration is slated to relax federal public health guidance on wearing masks outdoors as soon as this week, a source familiar with the plans told NBC News.

The announcement, which may come as early as Tuesday, could give separate recommendations for fully vaccinated people and those who have not received a coronavirus vaccine, added the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The administration is still finalizing the guidance, NBC reported.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/26/bide...-guidance.html

No wonder why folks snicker at the ‘experts’.

Old 04-26-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
Also, why was it true that a group of teenagers can play a hockey game (insert any other sport you want), where they are in each others faces all game long, but they can't do a handshake line at the end???
Volleyball can volley the same ball back and forth, be right against the net with each other. The pre and post game run along the net to slap five is out.

Basketball can play full on regular games, but can't have the jump ball at the beginning of the game.

And so on.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:14 PM

My biggest peeve so far is that Nassau County was not testing any athletes. Meanwhile right across the border Suffolk was testing all kids. I just don’t get it. Why can’t everyone just get on the same page.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:41 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,533,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
My biggest peeve so far is that Nassau County was not testing any athletes. Meanwhile right across the border Suffolk was testing all kids. I just don’t get it. Why can’t everyone just get on the same page.
Because one of the pages is dumb. 100 years ago people use to treat the clergy with the same reverence as they do so-called scientists today. Blind faith is a hell of a drug.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Our athletic conference straddles two counties and the other county did not allow athletics to come back till January. They're still operating under different guidelines. I give up trying to keep track. Just tell when to show up, if I can, where to sit and what to wear! They realigned the conferences for next year so at least we don't have to worry about what other counties are doing, although I've never given it a thought till now.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:35 PM

Nothing beats wrestling!!

Kids all over each other then can’t shake hands at the end. Can’t make this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island