Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 07:38 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Dude you need a safe space from people criticizing leaf blowers. You need a safe space from leaves, and bugs, and animals, and all that scary stuff.

If you read up on the health implications of being constantly surrounded by leafblowers you'd have a different opinion. You've proved my opinion regarding the effects on the brain.

Those people who live out in the "styx" (that's a band, no?) are much more hardy and fearless than the typical Long Island suburban.
Lol awwww did I trigger you again isles? I’m sorry, I know your mind is fragile and can’t take much push back. I can see some others set you off as well. It’s gonna be ok. Really. The mean leaf blowers can’t hurt you. I swear you really are a child. Lol health implications from leaf blowers. I think we will be ok but thanks for your concern. If that’s what you really worry about you need some serious therapy.

I can also see spanky’s airport reference went right over your head. No surprise there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 08:51 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Absurd comparison. They aren't making new airports here. People who buy houses near an airport and then complain are obviously being ridiculous.

People who expect healthy air to breathe and not a constant cacophony of warzone like sounds in their own home are not morons. The gas leafblower is a stupid invention...and you want to normalize it and label those who complain about it fussy simply because it has been around for a few decades. You lack the ability to step back out of autopilot and think about this objectively. Look at the cost/benefit of the device and the wide scale of it's use. It makes no sense.

There are plenty of studies/articles written by respected scientists and doctors regarding the health implications of leaf blowers. Perhaps you are one of those ignorant types who discounts scientists and doctors and purveyors of liberal lies.
“Follow the science”! Many still can’t figure out which bathroom to use!
“The health implications of leaf blowers”. I think Long Island’s drinking water has MUCH MORE health implications than a 2 times per year leaf blower! Priorities I guess. Or agenda?

Old 12-06-2022, 10:16 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
I can't imagine being this wound up about friggen leaf blowers. People really must lead very simple lives that this is a priority to them. You know what bothers me more than the leaf blowers? The guy on my block who mows his own lawn at 6pm while I'm eating dinner. The people lighting off fireworks at midnight on a random Friday night. Lunatics weaving through traffic on the highway. But these are parts of living among other people. If you want a nice, quiet, annoyance-free life then move somewhere less populated. But then you'll probably complain about the animal noises.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:51 AM

3,526 posts, read 5,708,301 times
OMG Leafblowers! Are you afraid they are spreading Covid?

Old 12-06-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Mask up while using one! The leaf blower Covid police might ticket you! LOL

Old 12-06-2022, 12:19 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Quote:
LOL according to isles they may be!

Old 12-06-2022, 12:40 PM

577 posts, read 979,870 times
People may want to join the following Facebook group:

One Million People Against Leaf blowers

Old 12-06-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
People may want to join the following Facebook group:

One Million People Against Leaf blowers
Sounds like a Love song, lol

Old 12-07-2022, 11:11 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Leaf blowers should be the least of your problems.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:43 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,140 times
Quote:

Even worse, they'll wreak havoc with your hairdo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island