Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 05:22 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Many democrats not calling for Menendez to resign are working with principle everyone is entitled to their day in court. Just because a person is indicted and going to be tried that does not equal guilt. Menendez famously beat federal corruption charges before, so there's that to consider.

Santos OTOH is whole other ball of wax. He's in it up to his neck with one member of his team already pleading guilty and giving evidence.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...his%20campaign.

Democrats including Charles Schumer forced Al Franken out of senate without even a hint of due process. Something the party and former senator Franken came to regret.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49074194
Well true he did “beat” federal charges technically but it was only because of a hung jury, he was not found innocent. This case and these charges now seem much stronger than the case before, if they weren’t there is no way they’d prosecute again. He’s in serious trouble.

And yes past precedence in congress is expulsions didn’t occur until there was a conviction. Last expelled member was 2002 he refused to resign and was only removed after being convicted of 10 felony counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 10:04 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,033,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LMFAO! Yeah and the Dems are just the pillars of good governance and never do anything just to spite the GOP because “GOP/Trump bad” funny coming from a guy with TDS. Get real mikeykid.
Yup, like usual... jump to defend that useless party with "Dems bad"... that's all you got... what's that getting you? It is the pure definition of insanity.

For the record, I am getting "real"... while you focus on a crook who hasn't been POTUS for 3 years, I'm talking about NOW... look at what your GOP controlled House has wrought... it is an utter embarrassment... completely incapable of governing... yet you still support that clown show? Who is the one getting real?

That's OK, keep sharing "Dem bad" memes on socials, finding those funny quotes from *******s, believing things would be different if the insurrection was successful... you have a front row seat to how GOP "runs things"... you're seeing it in action yet your answer is "but but but Dems bad"... one day you may actually see how ridiculous your party is and "get real" yourself... but, I highly doubt it.

P.S. how long before you start on the "taking back your country"... and "be ready"... go long on beans and bullets... laughable.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Yup, like usual... jump to defend that useless party with "Dems bad"... that's all you got... what's that getting you? It is the pure definition of insanity.

For the record, I am getting "real"... while you focus on a crook who hasn't been POTUS for 3 years, I'm talking about NOW... look at what your GOP controlled House has wrought... it is an utter embarrassment... completely incapable of governing... yet you still support that clown show? Who is the one getting real?

That's OK, keep sharing "Dem bad" memes on socials, finding those funny quotes from *******s, believing things would be different if the insurrection was successful... you have a front row seat to how GOP "runs things"... you're seeing it in action yet your answer is "but but but Dems bad"... one day you may actually see how ridiculous your party is and "get real" yourself... but, I highly doubt it.

P.S. how long before you start on the "taking back your country"... and "be ready"... go long on beans and bullets... laughable.
LOL Nothing about you is "real" you are beyond fake and you know it. The dems literally wrote the book on "GOP bad so im doing the opposite no matter how crazy" But you are blind and living in a fantasy world. All this is so funny coming from an insufferable Ex-pat who brands himself a genius for fleeing a blue state to a red one controlled mostly by the GOP, absolutely hilarious. Oh and the GOP isn't the "useless" party it's the "stupid" party. Get it right.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:13 PM

640 posts, read 2,013,352 times
So Long Island Republicans will overlook a complete fraudulent background like Santos who lied about every aspect of his background....just because they know he will vote conservative. Talk about moral rot on Long Island! You area is the joke of the nation...just a backwards morally bankrupt area. I mean you really think the rest of the Country doesn't notice? They are laughing at you.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:40 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,667,809 times
So, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?

Old 11-28-2023, 03:47 PM

90 posts, read 67,165 times
Default 2024 election

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
So, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Long Island voters will come out to vote for local Republicans who care about local issues, and to their credit, they can get votes from Dems like me who would never ever vote for POTUS 45. Never ever.

Not saying I'd vote for anyone who opposes DT, but if they want to have a chance, they have to be both fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and be a decent human being. Someone who favors a balanced budget with higher taxes on billionaires. Someone who favors health care for all, at affordable cost. Pro choice generally, but without late term abortions. Must be someone who believes in climate change, it's a long term issue we need to address. No open borders, that's a given, but OK with a path for citizenship for the dreamers. No extreme anything, left or right. Just my opinion.

Old 11-28-2023, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
So Long Island Republicans will overlook a complete fraudulent background like Santos who lied about every aspect of his background....just because they know he will vote conservative. Talk about moral rot on Long Island! You area is the joke of the nation...just a backwards morally bankrupt area. I mean you really think the rest of the Country doesn't notice? They are laughing at you.
lol like we give a flying rip about what you think JiminCT.

Old 11-29-2023, 04:17 AM

1,266 posts, read 562,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
Long Island voters will come out to vote for local Republicans who care about local issues, and to their credit, they can get votes from Dems like me who would never ever vote for POTUS 45. Never ever.
Long Island Republicans have a party apparatus that the Democrats could only dream about. That apparatus was built over years of local control and spoils. They basically perfected what Tammany started. Hitting voters on ideas is one thing, but the ability to motivate voters to get to the polls is something that Nassau County in particular has figured out (hint: it involves jobs, salary increases, or contracts). The Nassau GOP was the envy of even Republican organizations for years.

Old 11-30-2023, 03:07 PM

640 posts, read 2,013,352 times
That's past tense....the GOP has also proven to be gullible by Santos and his Orange Master. I mean if your a fiscal conservative and want the govt out of your private life I can get why one would vote GOP...but Santos (a fraud) and Trump (a fraud and a psycho authoritarian fascist)??? What is WRONG with you people???

Old 11-30-2023, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
That's past tense....the GOP has also proven to be gullible by Santos and his Orange Master. I mean if your a fiscal conservative and want the govt out of your private life I can get why one would vote GOP...but Santos (a fraud) and Trump (a fraud and a psycho authoritarian fascist)??? What is WRONG with you people???
Lol get a grip Jim, It’s obvious santos has massively triggered you for some reason even though you don’t even live here. It’s ok go find a safe space and go breathe into a paper bag in and out….mean old George will likely be expelled by tomorrow and you won’t have to cry about it anymore like a 10 year old…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island