Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 12:26 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Is this today's Long Island?

A fifty page thread on leaf blowers...
Yes! And to think NYC’s biggest problem years ago was a Big Gulp!
What type of leaf blower do you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 08:30 PM

577 posts, read 978,849 times
https://www.quietcleanpdx.org/leaf-b...ers-pollution/

Old 04-01-2023, 07:09 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,147,374 times
I suppose those afraid of leaf blowers because of their effect on pollution, noise, and particulate dispersion could move to the city and instead get their version of pollution, noise and particulate dispersion.

Old 04-01-2023, 07:56 PM

577 posts, read 978,849 times
Your Yard Could Be Killing You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPEjpqvtAic

Old 04-02-2023, 06:56 AM

20,023 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Good grief. I couldn’t get past 5 minutes of that nonsense.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:37 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Good grief. I couldn’t get past 5 minutes of that nonsense.

I skipped through the video in 20 seconds. It sounds like the typical BS coming from the woke left. Ban gas leaf blowers, ban gas stoves, ban air conditioners.

In a few years, they will try to ban meat. Mark my words.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:20 PM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I skipped through the video in 20 seconds. It sounds like the typical BS coming from the woke left. Ban gas leaf blowers, ban gas stoves, ban air conditioners.

In a few years, they will try to ban meat. Mark my words.
Climate change is a cult for those who abandoned religion and need something else dogmatic to fill the void. At its core it's a Malthusian death cult that actually wants to reduce the number of people because they believe humans are destroying the planet.

That's the only reason they still oppose nuclear power, which would actually provide limitless clean energy without having to rely on renewables that don't delivery what they promise.

That's the only reason they bully third-world countries into not damming their rivers or investing in petroleum based energy generation , so that people in Africa are reduced to burning trees for heat and cooking, giving off far more pollution than they would have if they developed.

That's the only reason they support electric cars when they must know we have crumbling infrastructure that couldn't possibly charge all of them (and the public chargers are often stolen and sold for copper).

That's the only reason they try to saddle us with solar and wind power that are filled with heavy metals mined in the worst places in the world and don't even return the energy they cost to make.

That's the only reason they come down hard on meat producers, when their alternative is mono-crop agriculture that is actually far worse for the environment and cannot produce nearly enough protein to support our populations.

I could go on, but these people are beyond frustrating to deal with.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:27 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,029 times
They just woke me up! However, it wasn’t my landscaper. It was the gentleman who is power washing my pavers & re-sanding/cementing them.

Does that count? I want to make sure I’m not complaining for nothing.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:14 AM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
They just woke me up! However, it wasn’t my landscaper. It was the gentleman who is power washing my pavers & re-sanding/cementing them.

Does that count? I want to make sure I’m not complaining for nothing.
I'm sure they could make the same argument, "using a two-cycle gas power washer is noisy, bad for the environment, bad for worker safety, and kicks up crap into the air". It's just that they haven't yet.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:18 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: