Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2023, 06:24 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Given their track record, I'd trust medical information from the band.... THE WHO before I trust the WHO.
I honestly think the WHO is the only one that has given information that wasn’t politically driven. And as such, I would trust them over the biased media and health experts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 07:18 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,165,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Again, re-read that quote from the WHO that I posted in bold and underlined. It is not over. Ending the emergency phase of the pandemic does not mean it’s over and that we should stop what we are doing. People need to closely follow what the WHO advises.
It’s is over for almost everyone except for a select few. But you do what you need to do. Mask up if you want, sit in your basement, avoid crowds etc. But don’t try to force others into that non sense!

Old 05-18-2023, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
It’s is over for almost everyone except for a select few. But you do what you need to do. Mask up if you want, sit in your basement, avoid crowds etc. But don’t try to force others into that non sense!
Where are you guys getting the idea that wearing mask is the same thing as living in a basement?? All I said was wear a mask; that’s it. Didn’t think it was that much trouble to do.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:34 AM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times
This is just trolling at this point. The poster just keeps moving the goalposts and denies what he previously wrote.
Time to end it.
If you and your parents want to wear a mask wear one. If you want to stay away from people, do it.
Problem solved.
No need for further dialogue on the issue.

Last edited by NSHL10; 05-18-2023 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-18-2023, 05:54 AM

3,526 posts, read 5,709,899 times
Quote:
I honestly think the WHO is the only one that has given information that wasn’t politically driven. And as such, I would trust them over the biased media and health experts.
Right.... they were the ones that said to ignore China lab as a source.....

Old 05-18-2023, 09:51 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
This is just trolling at this point. The poster just keeps moving the goalposts and denies what he previously wrote.
Time to end it.
If you and your parents want to wear a mask wear one. If you want to stay away from people, do it.
Problem solved.
1000% a troll from the beginning. Don't feed it.

Old 05-18-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Time to end it.
Problem solved.
You guys are not understanding my point. Me being the ONLY one taking precautions accomplishes NOTHING. Everyone taking precautions by wearing a mask will end this excruciatingly long pandemic.

Ok, so I've said it for the millionth time. If all of you are still going to ignore my points and deny everything I've said, then fine. Nothing much else I can do. I give up!

Old 05-18-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
1000% a troll from the beginning. Don't feed it.
My friend, it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk about Covid and be in 100% agreement. This has been a political and divided subject from the beginning, when it shouldn't have been. Just because people are not in 100% agreement does not mean a someone is a troll. I could literally wave your "It's over, no more masks" flag and will STILL be labelled a troll because there will still be people who will disagree with that stance.

Please be accepting of the fact that we just don't agree on the matter and stop assuming people are posting just to troll. By doing that, you are putting ideas in the moderators' heads and setting me up to get banned, which is not fair because I'm simply just stating my opinion on the subject.

But whatever, I will accept that you will do you and I do me. But doing that is exactly why we have to "live with Covid forever." Without everyone doing things uniformly, Covid will be around forever, for sure.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:51 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
I am shocked has not been closed by now. It should have been closed like 10 pages ago.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:45 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,362,856 times
Quote:
You guys are not understanding my point. Me being the ONLY one taking precautions accomplishes NOTHING. Everyone taking precautions by wearing a mask will end this excruciatingly long pandemic.

Ok, so I've said it for the millionth time. If all of you are still going to ignore my points and deny everything I've said, then fine. Nothing much else I can do. I give up!
Exactly. If you are the only one wearing the mask it will do nothing. Actually, if we all did, it still accomplishes nothing. Its like the vegan nuts. Me stopping eating meat will do nothing. The rest of the world will still eat their bloody steaks and love it. No point. Move on and live your life. You cannot control the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island