Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 08:34 PM

3,526 posts, read 5,708,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don’t need anyone to protect me from getting Covid. I had it and I have plenty of antibodies. So, I’m good. Every man for himself. Do you turn off their car when they are waiting in the bank drive thru? All of that carbon dioxide could kill all of us. No one cares about the next guy and lets their car run. It’s no different. Same for people who pour motor oil down the street drain or don't recycle or smoke cigarettes, etc.

And I don’t mean to make fun of anyone but wearing a mask I while driving alone is downright insane.
This!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 08:39 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
I don’t need anyone to protect me from getting Covid. I had it and I have plenty of antibodies.
That says it all. You caught it because you weren't careful nor were you being cautious. My parents and few of their friends never caught Covid because they continue to be very careful.

And also, there are no antibodies for Covid. I don't believe people have immunity. Many people are literally getting reinfected again and again and again.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:41 PM

Quote:
OK. I figured it out. You are the president of 3M. Your insistence of wearing masks 24/7 is disturbing. I am convinced that you are either a troll or have severe anxieties. If the latter, I hope you get the help you need. If the former, and even if not, i will no longer waste my time by responding to your posts.
I'm suggesting wearing a mask because it helps prevent the spread of germs and guess what, wearing a mask is no big deal. Seriously, put it on and forget about it. It's not hard to do. It's a simple thing that can accomplish so much!

Old 05-13-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
again if people were meant to wear masks nature would have adapted us to it/

Again, if I were to walk outside naked, I'd get arrested! How come that is ok? Why is it ok to force me to wear clothes, but not masks?

Old 05-13-2023, 08:50 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
Here we go, the illegals were just sent to a hotel in my city about 5 minutes from my house (by car). I will never go out without a mask so I don't catch whatever illness they brought with them! Those phony Democrats, acting like they care about U.S. citizens health more than the GOP, then letting in thousands of illegals during a pandemic to put everyone at risk.

Old 05-14-2023, 01:20 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Here we go, the illegals were just sent to a hotel in my city about 5 minutes from my house (by car). I will never go out without a mask so I don't catch whatever illness they brought with them! Those phony Democrats, acting like they care about U.S. citizens health more than the GOP, then letting in thousands of illegals during a pandemic to put everyone at risk.
You know, you bring up an interesting point

There has been worldwide coverage regarding Covid, but how did it affect Central and South America? I personally havent heard crap about the effects of Covid on that part of the world.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-14-2023, 04:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
And also, there are no antibodies for Covid. I don't believe people have immunity. Many people are literally getting reinfected again and again and again.
I friend got it 2 xs - even after vaccines.
He admits he goes all over without a mask...just saying.
2nd x was 3 months ago - Colorado.

Old 05-14-2023, 04:32 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,934 times
Quote:
I'm suggesting wearing a mask because it helps prevent the spread of germs and guess what, wearing a mask is no big deal. Seriously, put it on and forget about it. It's not hard to do. It's a simple thing that can accomplish so much!
Beyond the fact masks don’t stop the spread of Covid, even the mask fanatics (faux and otherwise) refuse to wear it when sleeping. BTW, humans breathe (potentially spreading deadly airborne viruses to their loved ones) when sleeping.

Old 05-14-2023, 04:48 AM

106,707 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I friend got it 2 xs - even after vaccines.
He admits he goes all over without a mask...just saying.
2nd x was 3 months ago - Colorado.
it isnt the fact you could get covid again if vaccinated , it’s how bad did you get it from alpha , beta and delta …

omicron is basically cold-vid so no big deal , i lump that with the flu and colds .

i bet if you look at those hospitalization and death numbers under the early strains they were far lower for vaccinated here in nyc and long island.

no question once the vaccines were out the numbers plunged .

we also need to see data on whether the fact omicron and it’s variants are so relatively harmless in comparison is because with so many vaccinated the virus went through mutations trying to adapt . only the more it mutated the less potent it became.

when my wife and i were hospitalized for delta it was bad and there were no vaccines yet .

we were in long island jewish and it was packed with cases …all rooms were double and tripled up with more being staged in the ER area waiting for a bed .

it was nuts what was going on ….our wing wasn’t even intensive care .

it was only those who were not well enough to get booted on to the home care program yet .

many should have been admitted like my wife but were sent home on home care ..only two days later an ambulance brought her back as her O2 levels fell low enough to meet admittance criteria.

you were dumped out as soon as you met certain criteria, oxygen generators were delivered to your home and a nurse checked on you every two days . that way they could rotate the beds faster .

i was never in a hospital in my life until covid and it was a pretty crappy experience.

in fact i was so rarely sick that my company changed their entire treatment of being able to accumulate sick days. because i had so many sick days i accumulated over two decades and now they had to pay sick days from 20 years ago at todays rate.

but it didn’t stop covid from kicking my ass

Last edited by mathjak107; 05-14-2023 at 05:28 AM..

Old 05-14-2023, 05:48 AM

1,467 posts, read 760,934 times
Quote:
That says it all. You caught it because you weren't careful nor were you being cautious. My parents and few of their friends never caught Covid because they continue to be very careful.

How do you know they didn’t have Covid and were asymptomatic? Serious question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island