Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 02:09 PM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The problem with that is, what if one of the jurors (or anyone at the Court, for that matter) has Covid? Unless they are testing everyone at the court, I see a potential for a disaster here. Can't believe they are forcing people back to jury duty now. That's terrible!
They've had indoor concerts for over a year. Massive convention centers are open. All the indoor basketball arenas are packed. If anyone is getting sick they probably don't even know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 02:56 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
Quote:
It's about keeping people safe. And also, why can't they make jury duty optional? Forcing people to serve now with Covid still out there is not ideal. There are plenty of people out there that would love to get paid $40/day to serve and don't mind risking their lives. So why force the immunocompromised or those with underlying conditions?
I just read that jurors are allowed smoking breaks outside! Are they kidding? I could never sit next to someone on a jury whose clothes stink of cigarette or cigar smoke, I would be coughing and have the biggest headache the entire time in the court room since I'm allergic to most inhalants, even perfume, I never thought of this reason for not being able to serve! Sorry about being off-topic, but I thought it was important to mention it's not only covid jurors have to worry about.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:55 PM

3,487 posts, read 1,406,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Countless thousands still die from the flu too every year and various other respiratory diseases. So what??

Its OVER.
You're really saying "so what?" to losses of life?? Just wow!

But if you must bring flu, cold or other respiratory diseases besides Covid into the picture, then yes, maybe we should have mask wearing as part of our new normal. We need to learn from this pandemic. Humans carry and pass on a lot of nasty infectious diseases. It really wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone continued on wearing masks as part of their normal daily lives in order to prevent further spread of ANYTHING infectious. It's not a big deal when you think about it. We can continue on doing what we did pre-2020 and just wear masks regularly. That way, we can go back to being social beings, but at the same time, prevent spreading anything nasty to others.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:24 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times
Quote:

But if you must bring flu, cold or other respiratory diseases besides Covid into the picture, then yes, maybe we should have mask wearing as part of our new normal. We need to learn from this pandemic. Humans carry and pass on a lot of nasty infectious diseases. It really wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone continued on wearing masks as part of their normal daily lives in order to prevent further spread of ANYTHING infectious. It's not a big deal when you think about it. We can continue on doing what we did pre-2020 and just wear masks regularly. That way, we can go back to being social beings, but at the same time, prevent spreading anything nasty to others.
Yep. So what people die every day. Life goes on troll.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:00 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:

Who in earth would make mask wearing a new normal? I think most everyone would rather risk it than live like that. It’s @ very disturbing sight.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:02 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Now I do. As a matter of fact, I mentioned in a previous post that jurors are in danger of covid and RSV. I haven't been sick with anything since wearing masks, it's been great not to be sick for so long! To each his own, but I'm staying protected from those who don't agree and won't wear masks, so it doesn't matter what they do.
I barely ever got sick before Covid so I guess you have a weaker immune system. Stop wearing the mask and you will have better immunity.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:03 PM

3,487 posts, read 1,406,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Who in earth would make mask wearing a new normal? I think most everyone would rather risk it than live like that. It’s @ very disturbing sight.
What exactly is wrong with wearing masks?

Old 05-12-2023, 06:04 AM

3,516 posts, read 5,698,912 times
Quote:
Covid is the deadliest and the most contagious among all of them. Have you not followed the news over the past three years?
Have you not noticed in the last 2 1/2 that people are trying to live normal again?

How's the basement?

Old 05-12-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Now I do. As a matter of fact, I mentioned in a previous post that jurors are in danger of covid and RSV. I haven't been sick with anything since wearing masks, it's been great not to be sick for so long! To each his own, but I'm staying protected from those who don't agree and won't wear masks, so it doesn't matter what they do.
And your immune system is getting weaker by not being exposed.....

Old 05-12-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:

Nature/God whatever you want to believe would have selected/evolved us in to having masks as part of natural selection if we "need" them. Theres a reason we have nose hair, ear hair, eye lids, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island