Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2023, 08:13 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,405,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Aren't you the one who didn't wear a mask to your office party and caught covid there? Didn't you not wear a mask to the U.S. Open? You really changed your mind about mask wearing, that's good! Not only is covid still around (I think another mild strain emerged), but RSV is very contagious also. I still wear a mask like I did all through the pandemic, stayed unvaccinated, and I was never sick with anything this entire time, not even the chronic cough I used to get every winter, and I think it's due to the mask wearing.
Yes. Made bad decisions and that’s why I caught Covid. Live and learn! That is why I’m telling everyone here not to make the same mistake as me. I’ve tried listening to people here and the result were not good!

I said I’ve been back and forth on the subject. I listened to city data members and relaxed myself and look what happened? I caught Covid. Had I continued wearing a mask and stayed away from social gatherings, I would’ve never caught it. I got a big fat “I told you so” from my parents when they found out I caught it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 08:53 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Let’s remain open to the possibility the person is nuts.
I think its more than a possibility at this point LOL

We are either just dealing with a troll or an unstable human being.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:41 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,405,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I think its more than a possibility at this point LOL

We are either just dealing with a troll or an unstable human being.
My gosh, are we looking at people in their cars and making judgments about them when they aren’t doing anything to you?

You have to understand, to some people, wearing a mask isn’t a big deal. It’s only you guys that are making a big deal over something so petty. Plenty of people are used to wearing masks by now and don’t whine and complain about wearing one.

Old 05-07-2023, 11:10 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Plenty of reasons why a solo person in a car is wearing a mask. They could have just dropped off a sick person not knowing if he had covid, a mechanic just worked inside their car, they could have an inhalant allergy to hand sanitizer in the car etc. Those three things happened to me. Calling them insane is really crazy!
How about you open the window for a few seconds and call it a day and stop living in such fear of nothing?

Old 05-07-2023, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no payment to any hospital for deaths from any reason, including covid 19.

Here is what 3M, a mask manufacturer, recommends.

https://assets.alliedelec.com/v16231...37027296dd.pdf

"Don’t take your face mask on and off.
Once your mask is on, keep it on. Even if you are just getting back
in your car between errands, removing your mask can get it dirty
and allow potentially harmful particulates near your nose and
mouth when you put it on again."

It appears you are not as knowledgeable as you want us to believe.
Even if you kept it on 24/7, it isn’t doing anything to keep the virus in or out. It isn’t air tight. 3M wants to sell masks. Nothing more. I am far more knowledgeable than you think.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:57 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Even if you kept it on 24/7, it isn’t doing anything to keep the virus in or out. It isn’t air tight. 3M wants to sell masks. Nothing more. I am far more knowledgeable than you think.
It's not expected to be 100%. It does provide some protection, some more than others depending on construction.

I think that 3M knows more about masks than you do.

Old 05-08-2023, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's not expected to be 100%. It does provide some protection, some more than others depending on construction.

I think that 3M knows more about masks than you do.
And that is why they make many variations of masks. The majority of the masks that people wear daily do nothing and aren't designed to. They are meant to keep dust and particles away from your face. Not molecules or fumes or germs that are in the air. Just admit that most masks do nothing to prevent covid.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:09 AM

3,515 posts, read 5,697,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
So you are ok with me spreading my Covid to you and landing you in a hospital bed on a ventilator fighting for your life??? Ok then…

Maybe I should go out and start mugging people as well! After all, that shouldn’t be a problem because you all are responsible for your own safety!
When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

you could have MERS, EBOLA, meningitis.. we re you taking those precautions before your brain was lobotomized by covid?

Old 05-08-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, I will continue to mask. You can judge me all you want, but note that I also will judge those who do not wear one. It's not a hard thing to do. The funny thing is, once you put it on, you pretty much forget you even have one on. So I never felt it was a big deal to wear one. It can help a lot with the spread of airbourne viruses, and it's a simple thing to do too. So that's why I look down on those for not wearing one.
you realize that most creatures, including humans have this thing called an immune system.... its job is to kill things that are foreign to our bodies......

but...

it needs practice and needs to learn...

assuming that masks work (they dont unless you are wearing SCUBA gear with a contained air system)
then you are letting your body not be able to defend itself.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Yes. Made bad decisions and that’s why I caught Covid. Live and learn! That is why I’m telling everyone here not to make the same mistake as me. I’ve tried listening to people here and the result were not good!

I said I’ve been back and forth on the subject. I listened to city data members and relaxed myself and look what happened? I caught Covid. Had I continued wearing a mask and stayed away from social gatherings, I would’ve never caught it. I got a big fat “I told you so” from my parents when they found out I caught it!
you cant say with 100% truth that you wouldnt have gotten covid or any other disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island