Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 11:55 AM

7,597 posts, read 3,254,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I hope you don't mind me asking this:

What kind of asthma do you have?
Here's how dumb I am. I didn't know there were different types. I guess I would have to ask my allergist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 03:49 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,147,831 times
I caught it March of 2022. After testing negative to get into Jamaica, then testing negative to get out of Jamaica it hit the day after we got home. The worst part was the fatigue that hit for two weeks, everything else passed quickly.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:52 PM

3,500 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I caught it March of 2022. After testing negative to get into Jamaica, then testing negative to get out of Jamaica it hit the day after we got home. The worst part was the fatigue that hit for two weeks, everything else passed quickly.
Yeah that was the main symptom I had when I caught it… fatigue. That’s why I kept sleeping for days when I had it. I was just so damn tired, lol.

Old 05-05-2023, 03:10 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,880,922 times
the first week i had delta was a cake walk ….my wife and i were playing scrabble , eating like gluttons and going if this is covid then MEH , i had worse colds .

then the 8th day i woke up to pee and holy cow … i couldn’t catch my breath and the room was spinning .

o2 levels were in the low 80s .

by 6am i was in an ambulance and on my way to LIJ NORTHWELL .

i was never so sick in my life .

the ER said the bulk of the patients they get are in the 8-10 day range ..it kind of regroups and learns it’s way into the body .

it. took 2 weeks before they let me go home and then it was to be put on home care where they deliver o2 generators and send a nurse every few days .

being a runner i was lucky and needed no oxygen anymore and i started walking steps the second day home .

it took a full 9 months to get back to my running 31/2 miles every day …..my sugar never recovered so now i am on 4 mg of glympride and a strict diet ….

it was a horrible experience and to someone who didn’t feel what delta could really do i can’t even describe it .

it is like describing the color orange to a blind person .

my wife ended up with the exact same symptoms and was admitted two days after me

Old 05-05-2023, 07:46 AM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
And it's attitudes like this, which is why we still have Covid.

I have said it before and I'll say it again... it is not over until the WHO says it's over! Nobody can declare an end to a global pandemic except for them.
Well now you can relax. The WHO says its over.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/05/who-...emergency.html

Old 05-05-2023, 08:12 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Well now you can relax. The WHO says its over.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/05/who-...emergency.html
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Priceless, Can’t wait to see the trolls response to this. It’s ok to take the mask out and come out of the basement now!

Old 05-05-2023, 08:48 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the first week i had delta was a cake walk ….my wife and i were playing scrabble , eating like gluttons and going if this is covid then MEH , i had worse colds .

then the 8th day i woke up to pee and holy cow … i couldn’t catch my breath and the room was spinning .

o2 levels were in the low 80s .

by 6am i was in an ambulance and on my way to LIJ NORTHWELL .

i was never so sick in my life .

the ER said the bulk of the patients they get are in the 8-10 day range ..it kind of regroups and learns it’s way into the body .

it. took 2 weeks before they let me go home and then it was to be put on home care where they deliver o2 generators and send a nurse every few days .

being a runner i was lucky and needed no oxygen anymore and i started walking steps the second day home .

it took a full 9 months to get back to my running 31/2 miles every day …..my sugar never recovered so now i am on 4 mg of glympride and a strict diet ….

it was a horrible experience and to someone who didn’t feel what delta could really do i can’t even describe it .

it is like describing the color orange to a blind person .

my wife ended up with the exact same symptoms and was admitted two days after me
Took my 18 year old (actually turned 18 two days after diagnosis) two-sport varsity-athlete 3 full months to feel better. The rest of us barely had any symptoms.

Very strange virus.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:09 AM

974 posts, read 1,412,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Took my 18 year old (actually turned 18 two days after diagnosis) two-sport varsity-athlete 3 full months to feel better. The rest of us barely had any symptoms.

Very strange virus.
Not strange at all. That is how all coronaviruses work. Ten years ago ... someone is your household gets the sniffles from exposure to a cold virus. Few days later a sibling is banged up pretty bad for a few days, while other in the household encounter the virus but exhibit no symptoms. Covid is nothing new in this regard. Maybe the extremes on the high end have been worse, on account of it being new, but fundamentally it is not "strange" that persons of the same household would experience it differently. What would have been strange is if each of you had the exact same experience. Not unheard of, just uncommon, or strange.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:22 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
I 100% had Covid in February 2020, before it was officially declared in NYC in March. They had no tests yet. Went to drs thought it was bronchitis or flu. Tested for both, negative. So they assumed it was type B flu.

Sent me home with steroids and a nebulizer. By the next day I was living off the nebulizer. Never had breathing issues like that in my life. I’m sure if I would have went to hospital they would have kept me. Thankfully by day 3 I was all good. After that the other Covid cases were like a little cold.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:38 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Thankfully neither me or my husband got Covid but his mom and brother did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island