Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 04:19 AM

5,055 posts, read 3,956,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Are you implying that Covid was a hoax?
Closing the schools and ending outdoor sports seems to have been a bit hoaxy…if that is a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 05:27 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
The issue with doing that is you are contributing to the spread of Covid. There are immunocompromised and vulnerable people around you. It’s not so much that we should limit what we do out of fear, but we should do so to save lives. Once this is over, then it’s fine to go out and have fun. The frustrating question that remains is, when will this be over?
Lol it’s not only over but beyond over. Nobody cares what the “WHO” says. Even friggen Biden ended the national emergency as of the 11th of this month. 95% of people have long moved on from this. As for COVID it’s never completely going away, it’s something that will be lived with in the background like the common cold p

Old 05-02-2023, 06:09 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,077 times
Quote:
The issue with doing that is you are contributing to the spread of Covid. There are immunocompromised and vulnerable people around you. It’s not so much that we should limit what we do out of fear, but we should do so to save lives. Once this is over, then it’s fine to go out and have fun. The frustrating question that remains is, when will this be over?
So then those who are knowingly at risk should take all precautions they deem necessary for themselves. The rest of us will continue to live our lives as we see fit.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:08 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
IMO the pandemic is over. Covid will still be here like the flu or common cold and people will still get sick. I need to live my life and enjoy. I only Quarantined for a few months when this first started meaning I stayed away from family members that were high risk, wore my mask when I went shopping or to the doctor, went to my job where there is only two of us but my boss chose to work from home then other times just stayed home.

Old 05-02-2023, 10:20 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
So then those who are knowingly at risk should take all precautions they deem necessary for themselves. The rest of us will continue to live our lives as we see fit.

Well ok, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. While you are not under any obligation to protect others, wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone did look out for others?

Old 05-02-2023, 10:33 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Well ok, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. While you are not under any obligation to protect others, wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone did look out for others?
But what is the right thing to do? Vaccinations dont prevent transmission and masks are debatable whether they do.

Of course if you are sick you should stay away from others, and if are with immunocompromised people you should take more precautions.

But if you are feeling fine and out and about in public, what more do you want people to do?

The immunocompromised folks are the ones that need to take precautions, just as they do with flu, norovirus, etc.

Old 05-02-2023, 10:41 AM

383 posts, read 665,149 times
My great niece just back from a trip has covid. Lost smell and taste.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
The only people I hear about getting COVID are people who went on a
trip with a group or a cruise . Otherwise , really no one even thinks about
this anymore.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-02-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
But what is the right thing to do? Vaccinations dont prevent transmission and masks are debatable whether they do.

Of course if you are sick you should stay away from others, and if are with immunocompromised people you should take more precautions.

But if you are feeling fine and out and about in public, what more do you want people to do?

The immunocompromised folks are the ones that need to take precautions, just as they do with flu, norovirus, etc.

I think the real issue is that people got all angry and political from the start, with little to no people taking any precautionary measures. If people did what they were supposed to from the beginning, Covid would've been behind us a LONG time ago.

Old 05-02-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post

Yes, and my mom's former dance instructor caught Covid in 2020 and died. The guy had zero underlying medical conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island