Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2023, 05:53 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Stop calling me a troll. You all know very well that this whole pandemic has been very controversial from the start. Even if I sided with you guys, there would be other people who would still disagree with me and call me a troll nonetheless. This is a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.

And all I have to say is that our division on this whole matter is why would couldn’t put an end to this thing. All of society needed to do was to work together, which is exactly what we DIDN’T do this whole time.
Sorry either you are a troll or in serious need of help. The fact that not only the CDC, President, and now even your almighty and holy WHO declared the emergency over, and yet what do you do?? Move the goal posts AGAIN. Lol. You literally said it’s not over until the WHO declares it over, now even that isn’t good enough for you. Wow, I mean do you even realize what a fool you that makes you look like? Lol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 08:27 AM

3,515 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Stop calling me a troll. You all know very well that this whole pandemic has been very controversial from the start. Even if I sided with you guys, there would be other people who would still disagree with me and call me a troll nonetheless. This is a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.

And all I have to say is that our division on this whole matter is why would couldn’t put an end to this thing. All of society needed to do was to work together, which is exactly what we DIDN’T do this whole time.

OK Troll,
Society wasnt working together. you had demigod "leaders" of blue states literally tearing the constitution and putting it in the shredder for our safety. The Constitution doesnt get to take a break because of a virus.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:29 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I buy it 100%. Just as Covid had different effects on people so did the vaccine. Myocarditis, tinnitus, hypertension to name a few. Not saying they permanent issues, but to some they are.
There are folks who have a very difficult time accepting there were/are side effects to the Covid vaccine.

Oddly enough the very same folks have great difficulty accepting that closing the schools did far more harm than good.

And the same folks have great difficulty accepting that masking did very little (if anything) to affect the course of Covid. Given the nature of the virus and human behavior.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:39 AM

3,483 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Sorry either you are a troll or in serious need of help. The fact that not only the CDC, President, and now even your almighty and holy WHO declared the emergency over, and yet what do you do?? Move the goal posts AGAIN. Lol. You literally said it’s not over until the WHO declares it over, now even that isn’t good enough for you. Wow, I mean do you even realize what a fool you that makes you look like? Lol!!
I have a right to disagree if I feel that we are declaring an end prematurely. I thought the WHO had some sense to make sure we don't end things too fast, but sure enough, they are.

I'll link the website again...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Yesterday, we had 31,000 new KNOWN cases and roughly 155 deaths. That's still very high! And mind you, these are KNOWN cases. There's a serious lack of testing and reporting of numbers now. Everyone is testing at home and not reporting their test results. So you can bet that Covid cases are severely undercounted.

Look, I'm not saying we need to be prisoners forever. We just need to wait a little longer before we declare victory too fast. I understand we've been waiting for a long time, but that's because people aren't doing what they are supposed. The longer people stop caring about Covid, the longer it will linger around, infect people and kill people.

And also the CDC, WHO and President are declaring victory because they believe the vaccines are working. Do all of you really believe that? Almost everyone I know that has gotten vaccinated caught this damn virus! Heck, my cousin got hospitalized from Covid in 2021 even though he was fully vaccinated (and he has no underlying heath issues too). So I'm sorry, the vaccine doesn't do jack, so that's why I still think we need to be cautious out there. Because Covid can still spread and kill people whether your vaccinated, naturally immune, or quadruple boosted!

And by the way, I've been back and forth on this whole mask thing these past few years. I've worn masks, taken it off and have started wearing them again. Why? Because I started relaxing a bit last year thinking it was really over and sure enough, I caught Covid last Winter! So it was right then and there that I knew this virus is real and is still out there! My parents, on the other hand, have NEVER caught Covid because they've never stopped doing what they are doing and have ALWAYS masked and social distanced for over three years. I've always argued with my parents because I always thought they were being too paranoid. Now I look up to them, because they NEVER caught Covid! How many of you can say that?

Old 05-07-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
OK Troll,
Society wasnt working together. you had demigod "leaders" of blue states literally tearing the constitution and putting it in the shredder for our safety. The Constitution doesnt get to take a break because of a virus.

Let me try to explain this in the simplest way I can because none of you are getting it...

Right now, I feel fine and don't feel sick. However, I could asymptotically have Covid right now. Heck, I could even take a test right now and the test can come up with a false negative. So I go out and about mask-free living life normally. So let's say I come into contact with YOU at a store. Maybe I'm standing right behind you at a checkout line. Here I am, infectious and not knowing it, and am right behind you breathing on you. So now, I have unknowingly infected you and you can become very sick and die.

Do you understand what I'm getting at now? Simple safety measures such as masking and social distancing helps protect me AND you. It's not about being paranoid, but it's about keeping each other safe.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:00 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
I have a right to disagree if I feel that we are declaring an end prematurely. I thought the WHO had some sense to make sure we don't end things too fast, but sure enough, they are.

I'll link the website again...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Yesterday, we had 31,000 new KNOWN cases and roughly 155 deaths. That's still very high! And mind you, these are KNOWN cases. There's a serious lack of testing and reporting of numbers now. Everyone is testing at home and not reporting their test results. So you can bet that Covid cases are severely undercounted.

Look, I'm not saying we need to be prisoners forever. We just need to wait a little longer before we declare victory too fast. I understand we've been waiting for a long time, but that's because people aren't doing what they are supposed. The longer people stop caring about Covid, the longer it will linger around, infect people and kill people.

And also the CDC, WHO and President are declaring victory because they believe the vaccines are working. Do all of you really believe that? Almost everyone I know that has gotten vaccinated caught this damn virus! Heck, my cousin got hospitalized from Covid in 2021 even though he was fully vaccinated (and he has no underlying heath issues too). So I'm sorry, the vaccine doesn't do jack, so that's why I still think we need to be cautious out there. Because Covid can still spread and kill people whether your vaccinated, naturally immune, or quadruple boosted!

And by the way, I've been back and forth on this whole mask thing these past few years. I've worn masks, taken it off and have started wearing them again. Why? Because I started relaxing a bit last year thinking it was really over and sure enough, I caught Covid last Winter! So it was right then and there that I knew this virus is real and is still out there! My parents, on the other hand, have NEVER caught Covid because they've never stopped doing what they are doing and have ALWAYS masked and social distanced for over three years. I've always argued with my parents because I always thought they were being too paranoid. Now I look up to them, because they NEVER caught Covid! How many of you can say that?

More proof you can’t argue with crazy. SMH. Do you have any clue how many people did everything you said and STILL got COVID?? Also stop with your anecdotes which are 100% MEANINGLESS. You don’t even know if your parents never had COVID, they likely did and were just asymptomatic

Old 05-07-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
More proof you can’t argue with crazy. SMH. Do you have any clue how many people did everything you said and STILL got COVID?? Also stop with your anecdotes which are 100% MEANINGLESS. You don’t even know if your parents never had COVID, they likely did and were just asymptomatic
I’m sorry, but for the past three years, all there has been was non-compliance and spreading of lies via social media. Very few did what they were supposed to.

Back in 2020, there were endless footages on the news of people physically altercating business employees because they were asked to put on a mask upon entry. So please don’t tell me that people did what they were supposed to because that is far from the truth.

Old 05-07-2023, 01:33 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Quote:
Why even waste your time? This is the one who wears a mask in their own car when they are solo. There is not hope!

Old 05-07-2023, 02:16 PM

3,515 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Let me try to explain this in the simplest way I can because none of you are getting it...

Right now, I feel fine and don't feel sick. However, I could asymptotically have Covid right now. Heck, I could even take a test right now and the test can come up with a false negative. So I go out and about mask-free living life normally. So let's say I come into contact with YOU at a store. Maybe I'm standing right behind you at a checkout line. Here I am, infectious and not knowing it, and am right behind you breathing on you. So now, I have unknowingly infected you and you can become very sick and die.

Do you understand what I'm getting at now? Simple safety measures such as masking and social distancing helps protect me AND you. It's not about being paranoid, but it's about keeping each other safe.
The only one who protects my safety is me, myself and I.
I dont ask you to protect me or want you to protect me.

you could have a whole bunch of communicable diseases, do you test for them all daily as well?

Old 05-07-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
The only one who protects my safety is me, myself and I.
I dont ask you to protect me or want you to protect me.

you could have a whole bunch of communicable diseases, do you test for them all daily as well?
So you are ok with me spreading my Covid to you and landing you in a hospital bed on a ventilator fighting for your life??? Ok then…

Maybe I should go out and start mugging people as well! After all, that shouldn’t be a problem because you all are responsible for your own safety!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island