Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 10:47 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't know why you have to make fun of people like that or judge them. Keep in mind, those people are protecting YOU as well. Because they could have Covid and be asymptomatic. So by wearing a mask, it helps prevent themselves from spreading their Covid to people like you and land you in a hospital on a ventilator fighting for your life. So you should be thanking them for their courteous act instead of making fun of them. They are saving YOUR life by wearing a mask.
Over 400,000 people died in the US. Remember the refrigerated trucks full of dead people outside of Elmhurst Hospital ? I do.
I know of a few young people in perfect health who passed from the disease. I never understood what the big deal was about wearing a mask. Yeah it makes my glasses fog up. That's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 11:33 AM

3,485 posts, read 1,405,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Over 400,000 people died in the US. Remember the refrigerated trucks full of dead people outside of Elmhurst Hospital ? I do.
I know of a few young people in perfect health who passed from the disease. I never understood what the big deal was about wearing a mask. Yeah it makes my glasses fog up. That's about it.
Exactly. It’s just all political. And that’s the sad part.

Old 05-13-2023, 01:58 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times
It’s a shame that those who proposed dingbat and faux Covid policies - such as closing schools - have never apologized to the millions of little victims.

Old 05-13-2023, 02:19 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
Quote:
I don't know why you have to make fun of people like that or judge them. Keep in mind, those people are protecting YOU as well. Because they could have Covid and be asymptomatic. So by wearing a mask, it helps prevent themselves from spreading their Covid to people like you and land you in a hospital on a ventilator fighting for your life. So you should be thanking them for their courteous act instead of making fun of them. They are saving YOUR life by wearing a mask.
I don’t need anyone to protect me from getting Covid. I had it and I have plenty of antibodies. So, I’m good. Every man for himself. Do you turn off their car when they are waiting in the bank drive thru? All of that carbon dioxide could kill all of us. No one cares about the next guy and lets their car run. It’s no different. Same for people who pour motor oil down the street drain or don't recycle or smoke cigarettes, etc.

And I don’t mean to make fun of anyone but wearing a mask I while driving alone is downright insane.

Old 05-13-2023, 02:25 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
Quote:
Ideally, yes, that would be the BEST thing for everyone to do to put this pandemic down to a close. But that’s not possible since people need to go out and make a living and buy essential items. This is where masks play an important role. It allows us to go and do essential things and at the same time, helps keep everyone safe as well.
OK. I figured it out. You are the president of 3M. Your insistence of wearing masks 24/7 is disturbing. I am convinced that you are either a troll or have severe anxieties. If the latter, I hope you get the help you need. If the former, and even if not, i will no longer waste my time by responding to your posts.

Old 05-13-2023, 02:31 PM

106,583 posts, read 108,739,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don’t need anyone to protect me from getting Covid. I had it and I have plenty of antibodies. So, I’m good. Every man for himself. Do you turn off their car when they are waiting in the bank drive thru? All of that carbon dioxide could kill all of us. No one cares about the next guy and lets their car run. It’s no different. Same for people who pour motor oil down the street drain or don't recycle or smoke cigarettes, etc.

And I don’t mean to make fun of anyone but wearing a mask I while driving alone is downright insane.

unless you had a very costly neutralizing antibody test ,which insurance won’t pay for to determine anti body level you don’t know a thing .

most labs cannot even do what’s called a neutralizing antibody test for covid antibody levels .

that test the labs do is only to see if you had a reaction to the covid virus and triggered antibodies not the level of protection .

during delta the red cross stopped taking blood for convalescing plasma after six months from date of infection because anti body protection was all over the map

Old 05-13-2023, 08:25 PM

3,515 posts, read 5,697,905 times
Quote:
I dont need protection from you and I didnt ask for protection from you or anyone else.
Only me, myself and I are responsible for myself.

Stop with the ventilator crap... that was proven completely false when emperor cuomo cried he needs 120,000 of them.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, infection creates antibodies.

Health care providers have been "breathing their own breath" since surgical masks were invented.
Exposure creates antibodies....

Again, do you see health professionals wearing them all day... NO. they take those f'ers off as soon as they can.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Ideally, yes, that would be the BEST thing for everyone to do to put this pandemic down to a close. But that’s not possible since people need to go out and make a living and buy essential items. This is where masks play an important role. It allows us to go and do essential things and at the same time, helps keep everyone safe as well.
again if people were meant to wear masks nature would have adapted us to it/

Old 05-13-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Mouth and dental problems, breathing in your own CO2 and germs. Unable to read people's facial expressions which is a a part of language..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island