Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 AM

156 posts, read 920,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Anyone remember a real hole in the walll bar in Ronkonoma called Kiss? It was on the lake!Remember when WBAB sponsored road rallys that ended at the boardy barn? What about Kleins in Commack it is now Macys and it was Sterns too! Remember David's cookies? Remember the x-rated movies in Ronkonoma? The muliplex's really put the "twin movie" theatres out of business. I remember the twin movie in Ronkonkoma that is now an OTB, I saw Animal House there! Remember when Rocky Horror played at midnight at the Patchogue and Hauppauge theatre? Does anyone remember the Commack Roller Rink? The Commack Arena? Flea Markets?
I remember Kiss!! I also remember ending up at the Boardy Barn walking in the beer soaked mud on Sunday afternoon..( Loving it!) lol.. I went to Rocky Horror at midnight.. with toilet paper..lol.. Those were crazy days..

Drove to WBAB just to meet Bob B... Saw him many times in the bars.. Lot's of Metal bands.. had a good time way back when...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 05:35 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robink40 View Post
Yes, WBAB is still playing Rock, however, Bob Buchman is now the station manager of 104.3 in NYC (classic rock) and has a show monday thru fri 2 to 4. His wife still owns the Radio Grill and I have been there a few times and had the chance to sit and chat with Bob for a couple of hours. Both he and his wife are great people, very down to earth. In fact, long story short, my husband and I was there for a private party and decided to stay for dinner. As we sat and ate, Bob hung out with us to chat. He decided to order dinner also and told me (I had been eating the Lobster dinner) that I made it look so good, he had to order one for himself.
Yeah I know he's at 104.3 so thats why I asked. I liked Jerry Martea a little better. And remember Fingers? Heavy metal guy for BAB who drove the BAB van!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:48 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default Fingers!

Oh yeah i remember Fingers! Never met fingers, but i remember that for sure. Does WBAB play Metal at all these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Yeah I know he's at 104.3 so thats why I asked. I liked Jerry Martea a little better. And remember Fingers? Heavy metal guy for BAB who drove the BAB van!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,849,166 times
OMG How old must Fingers be at this point?!?!?

I am getting old.....

Old 04-17-2007, 12:56 PM

991 posts, read 4,619,476 times
Is'nt fingers still on wbab?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,134,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Anyone remember a real hole in the walll bar in Ronkonoma called Kiss? It was on the lake!Remember when WBAB sponsored road rallys that ended at the boardy barn? What about Kleins in Commack it is now Macys and it was Sterns too! Remember David's cookies? Remember the x-rated movies in Ronkonoma? The muliplex's really put the "twin movie" theatres out of business. I remember the twin movie in Ronkonkoma that is now an OTB, I saw Animal House there! Remember when Rocky Horror played at midnight at the Patchogue and Hauppauge theatre? Does anyone remember the Commack Roller Rink? The Commack Arena? Flea Markets?
KISS was right on the lake, next to the entrance to the beach? When I was younger it was something else...Toro's maybe? There was a big great dane that would lay on the flat roof in the front in the sun...maybe HIS name was Toro?

Mom used to warn us NOT to walk past the "dirty movies", which made it hard to go to Cheap John's!

Didn't KISS burn down??

Old 04-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
OMG How old must Fingers be at this point?!?!?

I am getting old.....
Not sure. I remember him looking like Frank Zappa in his prime! Everyone seems to remember Fingers! They should interview him!
Also, remember the traffic girl, Tracey Bergis? I remember being at the I think Hilton in Smithtown in 1990 for a WBAB party and she was there, what a knock out!

Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM

7 posts, read 66,832 times
Quote:
Not sure. I remember him looking like Frank Zappa in his prime! Everyone seems to remember Fingers! They should interview him!
Also, remember the traffic girl, Tracey Bergis? I remember being at the I think Hilton in Smithtown in 1990 for a WBAB party and she was there, what a knock out!

I went onto WBAB's website and found a pic of fingers, apparently he is still there. http://wbab.com/fingers/index.html (broken link) I don't recall what he looked like back when I was a teen (70's) however, it shows him today. Check it out

Old 04-19-2007, 02:26 PM

156 posts, read 920,541 times
Quote:
Fingers!!! LOL... I remember him as being very tall and skinny, but my memory is fading.. I did get pulled over by the bab van!!! I won ticket's on a bus to a concert...Thinking....nope.. can't remember which one....We had a blast on the bus...Prob why I can't remember..

Old 04-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIA.1 View Post
Fingers!!! LOL... I remember him as being very tall and skinny, but my memory is fading.. I did get pulled over by the bab van!!! I won ticket's on a bus to a concert...Thinking....nope.. can't remember which one....We had a blast on the bus...Prob why I can't remember..
You did Fingers didnt you!!

J/K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island