Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:16 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,849,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Ahhh, never heard of that one. Which house?
I don't want to say since his mom now lives there!!!! But, it is on a main road and it is on the water. You can see the top of the greenhouse from the road. The bell to open the gate is right out on the road- you don't have to get out of the car to ring it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM

330 posts, read 1,977,396 times
Default Hufco or Commander?

Hufo & Commander oil are gone huh? I used to work for Hufco oil back in the late 80's. And do you remember the Commander trucks with the german shepard plastic dog on the top of their repair vans?

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM

991 posts, read 4,619,706 times
There used to be a Wetsons in Lake Grove it is now an appliance place , it is called two guys

Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
There used to be a Wetsons in Lake Grove it is now an appliance place , it is called two guys
I thought they were all closed up! Like the department stores my mom worked at when I was a kid. "Gertz" and "Corvettes"

Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 30,516 times
Dont forget TSS Times Square Store in Levittown and Woolworths remeber the lunch counter in Woolworths, they hung balloons above the seats and you could pop a balloon and inside was a slip of paper with a price written on it, that was the price you would pay for a bannana split.

Or the pet department where you would buy one of those little turtles for 25 or 50 cents. The ones that after a week or two the shells would start to get soft then they would die

Old 03-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0324 View Post
Dont forget TSS Times Square Store in Levittown and Woolworths remeber the lunch counter in Woolworths, they hung balloons above the seats and you could pop a balloon and inside was a slip of paper with a price written on it, that was the price you would pay for a bannana split.

Or the pet department where you would buy one of those little turtles for 25 or 50 cents. The ones that after a week or two the shells would start to get soft then they would die
LOL,,when we were little we use to steal fish out of the pet department at Woolworths at the Gardener Manor mall.(Bayshore) When I was REAL little I could remember that mall being outside! It wasnt enclosed yet.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,115 times
How do you shoplift a fish?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0324 View Post

I used to get those. The guy in the pet department told us to feed them these little dried up things labelled "ant eggs." Actually, pupae, I now realize.

Poor little things all died of vitamin and mineral deficencies.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
How do you shoplift a fish?

Inquiring minds want to know.
LOL,, I was waiting for this question! The pet department was ajacecent to the mall and no one ever was in the pet department. We use to walk in grab a plastic bag put a fish with water in it and walk out the door. It was the perfect crime, the fish never died because we walked home and put them in our tanks!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:57 AM

991 posts, read 4,619,706 times
remember cheap johns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island