Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 AM

67 posts, read 165,868 times

Advertisements

around Orchid Circle. I have a 5 year I need to think about. Is there shopping,etc?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 06:14 AM

30 posts, read 153,888 times
Stop & Shop is about a mile away and the Bellport outlets are very close. If you’re talking Atlantic Point, don't leave anything of value in your car. I just recently moved from there and it seemed like once a month, and number of cars would get their windows mashed and items stolen. And I've seem a few cars up on block with the rims missing too. Don't let the "Gated Community" gimmick foul you, they are open 90% of the time and there is no guard.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:11 AM

732 posts, read 1,734,886 times
Atlantic Point is somewhat insulated from North Bellport by Sunrise Highway, but still keep your eyes and ears open. Those people tend to cause trouble wherever they go.

As for shopping, there's:
- Sunshine Square (the aforementioned S&S shopping center, also has Rite Aid, Family Dollar, and a bunch of other usual strip mall stores)
- the outlet center (although there's a handful of outlet stores and Home Depot now)
- Pathmark on 112 off of Sunrise in Patchogue
- Lowe's, Walgreens, CVS, Blockbuster in East Patchogue
- Michaels, NYS DMV, Staples, Target and Sam's Club are also on Horseblock between 112 and the LIE.

Wal-Mart is also planning to build a store nearby that is way too close to Brookhaven Hospital. Their chances aren't looking good, though.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,655 times
I lived there a few years ago for three years - Orchid Circle (it was know as the Alexan) and had no problems - except for the management at the Alexan

Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with North Bellport

For those who may not be familiar with North Bellport:

North Bellport is a hamlet (an unincorporated community) in the southwest part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the center-south part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of North Bellport in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Medford and the Hamlet of Yaphank; on the east by the Hamlet of Yaphank and the Hamlet of Brookhaven; on the south by the Village of Bellport; and, on the west by the Hamlet of East Patchogue and the Hamlet of Medford.

North Bellport is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: places in the Hamlet of North Bellport have a "Bellport, NY 11713", "Patchogue, NY 11772", "Medford, NY 11763" and "Brookhaven, NY 11719" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM

Thank you. Anyone know about the elem schools there...although from the sounds of the responses that may not be the area for my daughter

Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM

30 posts, read 153,888 times
South Country SD doesn't have the best rep. But I have heard that the elementary school that kids from Atlantic point attend is good.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictime2121 View Post
Thank you. Anyone know about the elem schools there...although from the sounds of the responses that may not be the area for my daughter
The elementary schools are fine. The intermediate and middle schools (which everyone goes to) are lousy, and Bellport HS fluctuates every few years from good to bad.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:55 PM

Thank you

Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM

53 posts, read 162,883 times
Tictime2121,,,I live here at atlantic point (Foxglove circle) and have a 6 years old daughter. I don't have any complaints about Atlantic Point and Kreamer Street Elementary School. The principal and teachers are really good. We moved to Atlantic Point one year ago and i was scared like you about south Country School District. The summer is really nice here at Atlantic point with the 3 swiming pools open.

I'm doing all of my shopping at Stop and Shop (medford).

I recommend this place and Kreamer Street School. My daughter also attend Tutor Time at Medford.

Baja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island