Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times

Advertisements

You guys are also aware that the Sheriff's Office has a marine unit, a horse mounted unit (which the SCPD DOES NOT have btw), a K9 unit, motorcycles, detectives, bicycles (ive seen them at the CC), etc. I believe they even have a dive team. Actually, they have every type of specialized unit found in the SCPD except for an aviation unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 PM

7 posts, read 6,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You guys are also aware that the Sheriff's Office has a marine unit, a horse mounted unit (which the SCPD DOES NOT have btw), a K9 unit, motorcycles, detectives, bicycles (ive seen them at the CC), etc. I believe they even have a dive team. Actually, they have every type of specialized unit found in the SCPD except for an aviation unit.
Yea, and they do it all for half the price of the greedy SCPD.

Thank you Deputies for your excellent service!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM

999 posts, read 2,358,167 times
Not for nothing...... But the SCPD and SD, oh and NCPD too could use some traffic control and accident scene training from the NYPD...

As for personal experiences..... Call 911 for a DWI, many many times under SCPD's control of the highways... I followed DWI individuals for miles, and on 3 instances gave up, since i was 17, and more miles out of my way.... NYSP wasn't any better on there 4 instances
1 instance i pulled over to a parked HWY car after making several 911 calls only to hear the officer say to me.... oh we'll never catch up to them now.... ARE U Moderator cut: language removed
kidding me, i caught up again...

Several other dimes wasted on DWI instances....

The other day i made a 911 call on a DWI and the sheriff came flying up at probably less then a minute and i only went about 3 miles out of my way.... 1 for 1 the sheriffs have the lead

Not to mention the time i had my civil rights violated at my shop because a SC officer couldn't just say...oh sorry sir i thought you were robbing the shop...didn't realize you are the owner...
Nope, in handcuffs that cut into my wrists for 1 hour and 45 minutes while the rest of the precinct was called in and went thru my office and ransacked customers and the business truck and my office...
Rather then allow me to get my license myself.....which they never found because the dogs wouldn't let them in the other side of the building..

Awesome police work there.... My father a Insp for the NYPD was in utter shock at the BS police work and no need for cuffs...

Maybe not all of the SCPD is wrong, but i was in shock 8 officers from one precinct couldn't see a simple simple mistake and it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to come to the conclusion i wasn't robbing the shop, while there cars blocked traffic.....

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-24-2009 at 08:59 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 PM

874 posts, read 2,875,660 times
I would just like to point out that I live blocks away from Suffolk County Police headquarters and I see the helicopters all of the time flying near my home. I actually saw one last week so unless they just disbanded the aviation unit this week they are still up and running.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM

939 posts, read 1,845,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Not for nothing...... But the SCPD and SD, oh and NCPD too could use some traffic control and accident scene training from the NYPD...

As for personal experiences..... Call 911 for a DWI, many many times under SCPD's control of the highways... I followed DWI individuals for miles, and on 3 instances gave up, since i was 17, and more miles out of my way.... NYSP wasn't any better on there 4 instances
1 instance i pulled over to a parked HWY car after making several 911 calls only to hear the officer say to me.... oh we'll never catch up to them now.... ARE U F**kin kidding me, i caught up again...

Several other dimes wasted on DWI instances....

The other day i made a 911 call on a DWI and the sheriff came flying up at probably less then a minute and i only went about 3 miles out of my way.... 1 for 1 the sheriffs have the lead

Not to mention the time i had my civil rights violated at my shop because a SC officer couldn't just say...oh sorry sir i thought you were robbing the shop...didn't realize you are the owner...
Nope, in handcuffs that cut into my wrists for 1 hour and 45 minutes while the rest of the precinct was called in and went thru my office and ransacked customers and the business truck and my office...
Rather then allow me to get my license myself.....which they never found because the dogs wouldn't let them in the other side of the building..

Awesome police work there.... My father a Insp for the NYPD was in utter shock at the BS police work and no need for cuffs...

Maybe not all of the SCPD is wrong, but i was in shock 8 officers from one precinct couldn't see a simple simple mistake and it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to come to the conclusion i wasn't robbing the shop, while there cars blocked traffic.....
From what I can understand of this post (and that's not much), you're apparently someone else with an axe to grind with the Suffolk PD. Folks who have been on the receiving end of police work don't have a lot of credibility in commenting how cops should do their jobs.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 PM

I am a law abiding citizen not happy with the way they do work.... Just as you would be, if many of the instances you had the same response and issues...

Ax to grind is an insane statement since i am only adding to this thread....

I don't harp on there mistakes, go on and on about it. However if you can honestly sit there and think it's great then you are in denial.

Also having most of my family in police work, i can see the difference between right procedure and wrong

Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I am a law abiding citizen not happy with the way they do work.... Just as you would be, if many of the instances you had the same response and issues...

Ax to grind is an insane statement since i am only adding to this thread....

I don't harp on there mistakes, go on and on about it. However if you can honestly sit there and think it's great then you are in denial.

Also having most of my family in police work, i can see the difference between right procedure and wrong
Just because you don't like what they did, doesn't make it wrong or contrary to good police procedure. And it doesn't make you right.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM

874 posts, read 2,875,660 times
I am retired from the NYPD. If anything the NYPD officer's pay should be brought to that of a Suffolk County officer. Suffolk County officers should not be brought down to the pay of the NYPD. I look at it this way; once an officer gets into an extremely bad situation such as a shooting or God forbid one should be shot, that officer has easily earned every penny he has ever made. Being that this could happen to any officer at any time why is it that people think an officer should not make a good living? People do not complain so much about the pay a school teacher makes but yet they complain about what a police officer whom can be put in a life or death situation at any time makes.

It is also a well known fact that when police officers have good salaries the chances of them being tempted by corruption are much slimmer.

There have been a number of posts I have read where people seem happy that there may be less police thinking that now maybe they can get away with speeding or some nonsense. Those same people should remember that real criminals pay very close attention to what is happening with the police departments and when they know that the overall number of police is dropping and that certain units are being disbanded they also get happy and will commit more crimes. Not all criminals are stupid and unfortunately the ones that tend to be the smartest as far as knowing where and when it is good to commit crimes tend to be the more violent kind. I wonder if these same people would be laughing about less cops when crime in their neighborhoods go up or if one day someone has a gun in their face while telling them to give up their money.

I posted this exact thing in a similar thread but it pertains to this one as well so I did the "copy and paste" thing to this post for this thread.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret
Just because you don't like what they did, doesn't make it wrong or contrary to good police procedure. And it doesn't make you right.

So anyone can be set in handcuffs ESPECIALLY when there is no reason to have them restrained.... for 1 hour and 45 minutes, while it is cutting into there skin like a known common criminal, while they are violating civil rights.... going thru my shop and my office and my truck....

Are you serious ?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
So anyone can be set in handcuffs ESPECIALLY when there is no reason to have them restrained.... for 1 hour and 45 minutes, while it is cutting into there skin like a known common criminal, while they are violating civil rights.... going thru my shop and my office and my truck....

Are you serious ?
Actually, yes. You can be put in handcuffs and restrained without being arrested. And going through your shop and office and truck isn't necessarily a violation of your civil rights. Your rambling post doesn't tell a complete story and it is only one sided. You need to understand the law before you accuse someone of violating your rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island