Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Why do you think they didn't do a rape kit just because the media does not discuss anything about it? That is procedure when a rape is reported and the victim is taken in for medical examination. Rape kit details are transcripts of the findings are supposed to be private patient information and not given to the media. I doubt any arrests would have been made without one showing that there was sexual activity. However, it can only analyze the sexual activity, but cannot 100% determine whether that activity was consensual or not.
Oh, I thought the results of a rape kit could help determine whether the intercourse was consensual or rape. You're probably right. I wonder how the results compare with the men's denial of any sexual intercourse. Maybe it would also reveal whether or not alcohol was involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 05:31 PM

5 posts, read 3,907 times
This should ONLY be about RAPE. that's it. The RAPE was dropped. Not ONLY by the girl, but the DA as well. These boys are innocent, leave them alone, let them live their lives. Would you like your son, or children, to be under this public microscope, disecting any, and every stupid thing they have ever done..(even the stuff you parents dont know about) (i forgot everyones kids are angels.) Im sure out of context everyone can look like a horrible person, even your kids, or how about a look in the mirror. As a parent of a daughter, if i was in this situation, shes going to an all girl boot camp in alaska. the boys did NOTHING wrong. they had sex. whether together, or watching, does not make it wrong, or a bad thing.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 PM

seque5tra

are you serious??? there is a rape test, to tell if its rape or consensual.
wow. want to borrow my time machine?
i also have a sweater that makes you invisible

Old 09-19-2009, 05:36 PM

you cant blame anyone for what happened, no one did anything WRONG.
the only thing wrong was filing a false police report.
so to all the people wanting more tests, investigations...for what????
if there was no video, even if she didnt back out, da would still go on with it.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That happens all the time. You really need to get out more. Remember the Central Park jogger case? Those kids ALL confessed to a heinous crime they didn't do and spent years in jail for it, and might still be in jail, if the real culprit was not made known.

The video is NOT evidence of any kind. It was never submitted to the authorities, so how can it be called evidence. Also, if this evidence was so exonerating, why did the person holding this evidence hide it? The authorities still don't have it, so I guess you are not an attorney if you think that it is evidence of any kind.

I agree that the police jumped the gun making arrests. They should have continued the investigation longer.

People do recant things that are true. People also confess to things they didn't do. If your simplistic view of truth, falsehood and justice is true, then riddle me this. Why did the Central Park jogger accuseds confess to what they didn't do and stay in jail for years? According to you, it's not even possible for that to happen as if it's an iron-clad law like the rules of physics. I guess you don't make your living arguing case law, hmm?
A)...what is with all of the juvenile personal attacks/insults? If you would like to take it there we can..but I'd sure like to stick to the script/subject...Ill refrain from reciprocating the personal attacks at this time, in an effort to allow you to conduct yourself a little more maturely/civil...but again. its your call...it wont accomplish much but we can certainly each get disrespectful with our posts if you'd like.

B) you begging me to "riddle" you about essentially ONE incidental case of the hardly any, seems to have been manipulated here to disproportionally represent its actual occurrence; relative to the amount of similar cases. Yet, at least 30% of all *reported* rape cases in this country are found to be false allegations. I say "reported" because invariably someone will mention that scared rape victims hardly ever report the crime. This is something that we should be directly addressing to those who falsely accuse people of rape, making false allegations does a far greater disservice to other actual rape victims than it does to disprove the statistic of 30% false rape allegations.

C) So let me get this straight:

- ...the young men AND the investigators maintain that there is a video tape of the incident that would presumably exonerate them of rape charges. This notion draws IMMEDIATE skepticism from us? ... Even after the young lady recants her accusations?

- Yet this young woman claims that four men raped her...they are IMMEDIATELY arrested, charged, publicized and criticized. NO skepticism drawn, whatsoever. No one makes excuses for them, or theorizes how they possibly could not have committed the act.

Even AFTER the young female recants her accusations, and admits that she lied about the rape allegations because she too suspects that there may be video of the incident, we still are trying to make the young men scapegoats for her entirely irresponsible behavior, by holding out hope through all of these hypothetical scenarios such as that there is "more to the story.." etc? Again, if we are going to discuss the entire ordeal in hypotheticals then for all we know, SHE may have drugged and raped one of the young men. But to continue such speculative nonsense when the FACTS of the case are thus far availed to us is simple excuse making, with hopes that one of the excuses will stick. IMO

Talk about double standards. IMO this woman is a s1ut, and these young men are dogs, and as such both sides were capable of doing anything including rape, or lying about the same. TO THIS POINT, we can only say with absolute certainty, that a gangbang occurred and the rape allegations were false. Once more, speculatively speaking, could there have possibly been a grizzly bear who got in on the action? Possibly. Has that been one of the facts reported thus far? Not from what I hear.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasntRape View Post
seque5tra

are you serious??? there is a rape test, to tell if its rape or consensual.
wow. want to borrow my time machine?
i also have a sweater that makes you invisible
OMG. Can people read? I said "the results of a rape kit could help determine whether the intercourse was consensual or rape". I didn't say it was a "rape test" that's like a pregnancy test that gives you a YES or a NO. The results of a rape kit may or may not include indicators that would be consistent with rape. Why don't you go and put that invisible sweater on now and go disappear.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
- ...the young men AND the investigators maintain that there is a video tape of the incident that would presumably exonerate them of rape charges. This notion draws IMMEDIATE skepticism from us? ... Even after the young lady recants her accusations?
That tape only captues 5 minutes and 58 seconds and the men's lawyers have conceded that it does not capture the incident in its entirety. Furthermore, the tape is said to contradict the men's claims now that they did not have ANY sexual contact with the woman. Forget rape. They are now saying that they didn't even touch her. Which, again, is inconsistent with the video, and with previous reports.

Quote:
- Yet this young woman claims that four men raped her...they are IMMEDIATELY arrested, charged, publicized and criticized. NO skepticism drawn, whatsoever. No one makes excuses for them, or theorizes how they possibly could not have committed the act.
Yes, I agree. There was a lot of fist pumping and mob mentality "HANG 'EM HIGH!!" sentiment without any critical thinking. People jumped to conclusions then, like they are right now. We're calling this woman a s1ut and a wh/ore. There were posts on this thread (that have been deleted) where people were offering to have sex with her to show her how it's done right so she wouldn't go sniffing around for a gangbang, and how she needed to be sent to a men's prison (insinuating that she deserved to be raped).

Quote:
we still are trying to make the young men scapegoats for her entirely irresponsible behavior, by holding out hope through all of these hypothetical scenarios such as that there is "more to the story.." etc?
I did list some hypotheticals, but a lot of the inconsistencies and contradicitions I pointed out are REAL.

Quote:
TO THIS POINT, we can only say with absolute certainty, that a gangbang occurred and the rape allegations were false.
Well, no, we can't. All but ONE of the men are denying that they ever even TOUCHED this woman...forget about rape...according to them, no gangbang occurred at all. Only ONE of them had sex with the woman. That, again is a blatant contradiction. The video disproves it. The previous accounts disprove it. It's not hypothetical.

Did you watch the news interview with Stalin Felipe on the YouTube link I posted? When the reporter asks him what they were all doing in the bathroom if they weren't having sex with her, he hems and haws and has no viable explanation. His explanation amounts to (paraphrasing) "Well, you know, we're all family and friends and it was after a party and this is what happens at college, and you know, oh yeah, a fight broke out at the party so that's why." You're in the bathroom watching your buddy having sex with a girl because you're friends with him and there was a fight at the party? WTF?

Old 09-19-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
This should ONLY be about RAPE.
No. It should be about facts. But the "facts" in this case are all contradicting each other.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
i f girls mad hard, the way they like, it, thats not rape, no rape kit can tell of concent or not, theats stoopid
What language is this? Please get a dictionary and read what I posted again.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:03 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
That tape only captues 5 minutes and 58 seconds and the men's lawyers have conceded that it does not capture the incident in its entirety. Furthermore, the tape is said to contradict the men's claims now that they did not have ANY sexual contact with the woman. Forget rape. They are now saying that they didn't even touch her. Which, again, is inconsistent with the video, and with previous reports.

Yes, I agree. There was a lot of fist pumping and mob mentality "HANG 'EM HIGH!!" sentiment without any critical thinking. People jumped to conclusions then, like they are right now. We're calling this woman a s1ut and a wh/ore. There were posts on this thread (that have been deleted) where people were offering to have sex with her to show her how it's done right so she wouldn't go sniffing around for a gangbang, and how she needed to be sent to a men's prison (insinuating that she deserved to be raped).

I did list some hypotheticals, but a lot of the inconsistencies and contradicitions I pointed out are REAL.

Well, no, we can't. All but ONE of the men are denying that they ever even TOUCHED this woman...forget about rape...according to them, no gangbang occurred at all. Only ONE of them had sex with the woman. That, again is a blatant contradiction. The video disproves it. The previous accounts disprove it. It's not hypothetical.

Did you watch the news interview with Stalin Felipe on the YouTube link I posted? When the reporter asks him what they were all doing in the bathroom if they weren't having sex with her, he hems and haws and has no viable explanation. His explanation amounts to (paraphrasing) "Well, you know, we're all family and friends and it was after a party and this is what happens at college, and you know, oh yeah, a fight broke out at the party so that's why." You're in the bathroom watching your buddy having sex with a girl because you're friends with him and there was a fight at the party? WTF?
You make a lot of good points...I was actually the one who said she should be sent to a male penitentiary. It was a conscious overreaction on my part. BUT I do think she deserves to be punished.

As to the interview, I actually watched it as it was being aired. You're right that he definitely skirted a few questions, (which I found strange) but then again he pinned it on the fact that he had been advised by his lawyer that since the investigation was ongoing, he was not at liberty to speak on the incident. Generic response? I think so. At any rate, some of his replies seemed shady...I thought so even then.

The account that I heard states that two of the five men never even touched the young woman (one of which conducted the interview on Fox). If not a gangbang, this by definition would certainly be at least a foursome.

I dont deny that there were inconsistencies in the story..both theirs AND hers. Which is why I think that everyone involves' credibility should be taken with a grain of salt. Not just the young mens'. Likewise, since all that we DO KNOW for certain is that she has rescinded her allegations of rape, and that the tape has not been fully availed to anyone, then we can only go by what has actually transpired to our knowledge; and based on both accounts. Both accounts seem to currently be that: no rape occurred. What doesnt add up to me is that: if the investigators had not seen all of, or even any of the tape, and the boys are possibly lying about the tape in question. WHY then would the young woman only recant her statements AFTER she was notified that there was a tape?

Assuming that there is a tape, as authorities have been led to believe, and that no one has seen the full tape, she could conceivably allow the full tape to speak on her behalf if it were truly rape. In essence she could have 'called their bluff' on the tape, so to speak...

which, if she were telling the truth, would do more to justify her claims of rape than disprove them. Even if it were only 5 or so minutes in length, and she wasnt captured necessarily saying "no". It would reinforce HER case that the advances were unwanted if she were to allow the tape to come forth. Rather than retract her allegations, as soon as she was notified of the tape. If a rape did in fact take place, she would be better served to allow it to come forth, and let the investigators do their job of professionally interpretting whether the encounter was consensual or not.

Because as some have already stated in this thread: even if the tape doesnt necessarily show her 'defending' herself or explicitly rejecting the men's advances, it alone, is not enough to exonerate the men of the charges either...and at the very least a more in depth investigation could be conducted. It just seems as though she knew the tape would be more incriminating to her credibility, than it would to the young men's defense.

Last edited by solytaire; 09-19-2009 at 08:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island