Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldharbour View Post
i don't think anyone from massapequa actually shops at sunrise mall with any regularity. it's rundown, half vacant, and there's a ton of crime there coming from places like brentwood and wyndanch. maybe when the walmart goes, it will take some of the garbage with it.
I used to live in Massapequa a long time ago (over 10 years) and that mall was my mainstay for shopping!

It's THAT BAD now or are you exaggerating?

LOL! Makes my new local mall look good ... they're adding new stores all the time ... the latest is Kohl's!

TY for that moment of schadenfreude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 02:25 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,707,690 times
it's not the Green Acres Mall but it isn't what it use to be. Most of the arrests in the 7th Precinct are at the mall for shoplifting. Most of the perps are not from Massapequa..oh big surprise

Old 10-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sickening.
What is "sickening". Is it wrong to feel more comfortable around people who you have more in common with? Is it sickening when Jews want to be around fellow Jews? Is it sickening when ethnic and cultural groups tend to live in one neighborhood.

Stop confusing preferred association with racism or bigotry.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
it's not the Green Acres Mall but it isn't what it use to be. Most of the arrests in the 7th Precinct are at the mall for shoplifting. Most of the perps are not from Massapequa..oh big surprise
Looks like the GA Mall is doing a lot better these days compared to that one. It's well kept and growing like crazy with new stores.

Yeah, the shoplifters from Massapequa are just way too smart to get caught like the other dopey schnooks!

Look for my pic in the "people of Walmart" website!

Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,501,140 times
Quote:
Hmm let me guess copiague wyandanch, and amityville?

Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM

I have seen that website before. I have been in Walmarts out of NY and obviously, depending on the area, you will not see the dregs of the earth.

The problem in NY is that Walmart places their stores in areas that are not the best. They know that lower income people are their best customers up here. If you go out of state in some nicer areas the Walmarts do not attract low lifes.

Out of the NY area Walmarts are a very acceptable place to shop. Sometimes it is the only place to shop.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,501,140 times
Quote:
What is "sickening". Is it wrong to feel more comfortable around people who you have more in common with? Is it sickening when Jews want to be around fellow Jews? Is it sickening when ethnic and cultural groups tend to live in one neighborhood.

Hes been reading too much good government nonsense that tells him diversity is good for society. But you'll notice the elite billionaires who run the show don't practice what they preach.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:

Its one thing to want to live in an area where you have quite a few others that have a similar background, its a bit different when your criteria becomes an area that ONLY has those of a similar background. Plenty of good reasons exist why Massapequa is a good place to live, the its virtually all white, should not be one of those reasons.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Looks like the GA Mall is doing a lot better these days compared to that one. It's well kept and growing like crazy with new stores.

Yeah, the shoplifters from Massapequa are just way too smart to get caught like the other dopey schnooks!

Look for my pic in the "people of Walmart" website!

I always thought GA was a nicer mall than Sunrise. Isn't Sunrise considered a "lesser" mall in terms of sales to the other Nassau malls? I think even Broadway out performs it.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 PM

249 posts, read 515,268 times
The Walmart in question is, without a doubt, the worst Walmart I ever stepped foot in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island