Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 PM

34 posts, read 154,261 times

Advertisements

Hi I am Johnny , I have a high ranch house total sq foot upstairs and downstairs is 3000 sq ft. . This means my 2nd floor is 1500 sq ft. I was told I need a new roof , rip off the old one and put on a new one , including some gutters. What would it cost ? I have no idea of who is good ? I would appreciate all of your recommendations on roofing companies or roof or home improvement companies you liked and did quality work on long island . thanks , I appreciate your information. Enjoy the weekend, Johnny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,030 times
Where do you live on LI? You might get better local recommendations that way.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 AM

I AM NEAR ROCKVILLE CENTER. But I am sure roofers do all over the Island , nassau anmd suffolk. Do you know of some really good ones ? Thanks Alexei, John

Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM

I am concerned with getting a new roof as the more I wait the more water damage I can haVE. But I do want a roofing company or contractoir that you all have used and are happy with. Thanks for your help, Johnny

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,539,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBilancia View Post
I am concerned with getting a new roof as the more I wait the more water damage I can haVE. But I do want a roofing company or contractoir that you all have used and are happy with. Thanks for your help, Johnny
Shoot me a message.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Smile thanks for your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBilancia View Post
Hi I am Johnny , I have a high ranch house total sq foot upstairs and downstairs is 3000 sq ft. . This means my 2nd floor is 1500 sq ft. I was told I need a new roof , rip off the old one and put on a new one , including some gutters. What would it cost ? I have no idea of who is good ? I would appreciate all of your recommendations on roofing companies or roof or home improvement companies you liked and did quality work on long island . thanks , I appreciate your information. Enjoy the weekend, Johnny
Hi everyone , I would greatly appreciate some answers . I am looking for some roofing contractors that did a good job. thanks, john

Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM

128 posts, read 340,559 times
I am in the same boat. I had 4 guys come. One individual I didnt take seriosuly, the other one was way too expensive (8500) and the two remaining seem competitive. Long Island Roofers quoted me 7200 for a full rip and new gutters (GFA Timberline 30yr) and Nassau Roofers quoted me 7,300 (GFA Timberline 30yr) . I own a split and live in Mass. Both LIR and NR seem competent. BOth provided referrals, showed insurance and both are in good standing with the BBB.

I have three more guys coming that will be giving me a quote on a new roof, new siding and 7 new anderson windows. SEe where that # comes in. I dont have much siding so I am hoping to get all of it done for 20K.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM

75 posts, read 312,434 times
We had ours done in August by a company out of Amityville. A family friend of my husband. I'll send you the name.

We have 3 different levels of roof because it's an old Victorian. Not sure on the actual surface square footage. (total house is about 2,200 but it's a 2 story and the back part of the house is only 1 story. One of the levels was for a large wrap around front porch)

Complete rip off of 3 layers, all new gutters, and 2 new Anderson windows. $12,000.

We got 2 other estimates. $14,500 & $13,500 -ish.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM

THANKS KB, ALEXEI, OVERTAXED THAT IS AWESOME . YOU GAVE ME THE STORY I NEEDED TO HEAR. I surely have the same situation. Mighty Quinn thanks so much for your story . This helps me. Overtaxed keep me informed on the other guys you get. I wonder what they will want to do the job for you ? I need to thin k on all this . Thanks everyone, you are super, Johnny

Old 03-27-2010, 06:28 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
If you have 10 posts you can post your recommendations except real estate agents as long as it is not your own business or someone in your family.

Be sure to always check the BBB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island