Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:54 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
LOL you are hilarious
And your nose is really BROWN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It's actually less expensive than you think in Floral Park. On MLSLI, S. Floral Park has 1 home for sale for $299K. Floral Park in Nassau County has 51 homes for sale, with 35 of those homes being priced under $500K. The lowest priced house is $320K and the highest priced house is a 2008 7BR/5.5BA McMansion with $28K annual taxes for $1,100,000. The next highest priced house after this is a house built in 2009 for $799K, then the price point drops further to $699K for a house built in 1951.
I just checked and you're right....that's excellent, great selection under $500k in Floral Park. I had no idea prices had come down that much.

What is everyone's beef with Floral Park, Queens? I don't see much of a difference from the areas it borders in Nassau. Obviously the schools on the Nassau side are a lot better, but if that's of no concern to the OP than what's the big deal?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I just checked and you're right....that's excellent, great selection under $500k in Floral Park. I had no idea prices had come down that much.

What is everyone's beef with Floral Park, Queens? I don't see much of a difference from the areas it borders in Nassau. Obviously the schools on the Nassau side are a lot better, but if that's of no concern to the OP than what's the big deal?
In my case I prefer Floral Park Village because it is very pretty there and has a lot of nice, older homes. I also prefer areas that are within Villages in general because of more local oversight.

As for not liking Floral Park, Queens, probably it is the typical LI reaction: "citified," more crowded, the homes are on smaller lots, etc. I don't even think the schools can be considered "bad" that serve that part of Queens.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
LOL you are hilarious
See what you did?...you riled her all up and got her writing a new diatribe.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 AM

280 posts, read 247,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
See what you did?...you riled her all up and got her writing a new diatribe.
oops

Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times
Quote:
In my case I prefer Floral Park Village because it is very pretty there and has a lot of nice, older homes. I also prefer areas that are within Villages in general because of more local oversight.

As for not liking Floral Park, Queens, probably it is the typical LI reaction: "citified," more crowded, the homes are on smaller lots, etc. I don't even think the schools can be considered "bad" that serve that part of Queens.
Well said, ITA

Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Quote:

Oh I definitely prefer the VoFP on the Nassau side, the older sections near the village center are some of the nicest neighborhoods in all of Nassau County, IMO....but north of Jericho Turnpike is nice too, and I don't really think there is that much difference to the naked eye between either county. It doesn't really get too "citified" until you go further west into Bellerose (Queens) and Queens Village, and even those neighborhoods are still fairly suburban. Like you mentioned, this is one of the best NYC Schools districts too (although I'm inclined to believe Floral Park-Bellerose SD is still a lot better) and property values seem to be even higher than on the Nassau side, with much lower taxes.

If it was my choice and my money, I'd definitely put it in Nassau, just saying the Queens side seems like a fine investment as well (and a nice neighborhood).

We still don't know the OP's price range, but if it's north of $500k the Village of Bellerose is absolutely beautiful too, and it's got the same schools as Floral Park.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM

85 posts, read 233,445 times
oh oh ! No more VS bashing ! ILNYB is on the scene !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island