Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarewellLA View Post
What a terrific post! I started on this forum because I was in a "I hate LA" mode back in 2007. I thought I wanted to leave. After 27 years I was sick of it, the people, the weather (yes, the weather), cost of living, everything. And then something magical happened about a year ago. I fell head over heels in love with this place again (or maybe for the first time). No, I didn't get a new boyfriend, a new job, or anything else new and shiney. I just started to look at LA for its beauty. Yeah, the cost of living still sucks, some of the people are still looney, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't appreciate living in this city. I've often thought about changing my screen name from "FarewellLA" to "HelloLA" but I like to keep it as a reminder that there was a time that I thought I didn't love this place. Boy, was I mistaken!!!
Oh, I just loved reading this. (happy feeling) I think I'm keeping JerZ for pretty much the same reason! Also just because "JerZ" is kind of funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 AM

645 posts, read 989,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Thanks, you guys!!!!!

Beans&Cornbread, where are you off to? You say you're moving? One thing I have learned from all this (cue "end of the sitcom episode with the wrapup music") is that there can be very cool things you never knew existed when you move to a new place. Maybe you'll be reporting back with something we're all jealous of!!!
Ha - I moved from LA quite some time ago. Since then, I've lived in quite a few places - Bay Area, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver - now Raleigh, NC. You're right, though - best part of being in a new place is getting out and exploring. That's the fun part. I do, however, miss something about every place I've lived. Sometimes, you don't know how much you really love someplace until you leave.

'Cept Vegas. That was a dysfunctional relationship.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
Quote:
It's just funny how it worked out that my very favorite people to hang out with turned out to be from SoCal...interesting...
That's because we're all fruits and nuts. Just ask the Babble Belt.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post

'Cept Vegas. That was a dysfunctional relationship.
BWAH ha ha ha.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That's because we're all fruits and nuts. Just ask the Babble Belt.
Oh please, I get the "land of fruits and nuts" comment from back east at least once a week.

I also get the "Is everyone there gay?" comment a lot. Yes. EVERYONE is gay. If you're straight, you're not allowed in. I had to fake it or they weren't going to hook up my phone and gas.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
And I had my four kids by immaculate conception because I'm a native Angeleno, hence I'm as gay as a pink tutu-clad West Hollywoodian watching Beaches while sipping a Peach Bellini.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 PM

7 posts, read 21,398 times
This thread is so great. I currently live in Oklahoma and I've been thinking about attending school in California (please, spare me the talk about how difficult it's going to be, I'm well aware). I'm so looking forward to it though, and this thread has definitely helped. All the others seem to be so negative, so I'm happy to hear about LA through some more positive perspectives. =)

Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
I get the "land of fruits and nuts" comment from back east at least once a week. I also get the "Is everyone there gay?" comment a lot.
Or, when I was a teenager, "You don't surf?" or "Why don't you have blonde hair?" or "Is it cool to live near all the movie stars?"

Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 AM

72,421 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Wow! what a beautiful Thread! I am so glad! I LOVE L.A.!!

You will find fake people anywhere in the world. Just have to find the folks you like,the parks you like. I love it here! I don't have fake friends! Today is raining,but so what!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 AM

72,421 posts, read 18,206,429 times
We gotta do an L.A get together soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles