Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Los Angeles: traffic, real estate, mortgage, metropolitan city, earthquake survival.

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

29 posts, read 122,539 times

Advertisements

I've lived all over the U.S. and overseas, from NYC, Miami, Manila, Shanghai, and many more places. L.A. is a crazy place, and it reflects 2nd world countries more than the rest of the U.S.. It is very important to live in a good neighborhood. There are very very bad areas of L.A. and average or tolerable areas of the city. I live in Glendale, but I personally want to move further out. The neighborhoods are so different and they all sit up against each other. Zoning is crap in L.A.. Lack of city planning is the number one problem in L.A.. Look into Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Agoura, Santa Clarita, or Orange County if you are moving here. You don't want to live near the downtown area. Anyone that tells you other than this, likes 2nd world living or doesn't know better. House prices are insane here because everyone is in the rat race. This is the first stopping point for many migrating to the U.S. and young singles, and unfortunately, they want to live like the stars. That means buying a BMW and a big expensive house on an ARM. I really would like to know why people move here that don't work in the entertainment industry. I personally work in the entertainment business, so I'm forced to live here. Although, why ohh why would anyone live here if they don't have to. You can make close to the same living in many other cities, and the cost of living isn't as insane.

Just a rant, but I know many agree, and the brainwashed locals don't...

Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM

723 posts, read 3,000,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevopolis View Post
the brainwashed locals
Wow. You've managed to flame a better part of the entire Los Angeles forum.

Congrats.

Where's the moderation now Yac?

Old 09-06-2007, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 32,250 times
Word. Entertainment industry got me here as well, and I'd rather live and work in another field. I'm moving south to SD! But you are right on with the city planning and the 2nd world -100%. People here are either filthy rich or poor as all hell and its depressing. From living in SF, LA is very very sad when it comes to public trans. I heard about the new plan that will take 10 years just to extend the metro a couple miles. BS. Build a damn monorail already! Good riddance! Sheeeit.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,879,938 times
If you don't like it in L.A,you should move out and let us know when you arrive in The Land of OZ or at The Garden of Eden

You mentioned you lived in NYC,Miami,Manila and Shanghai...You have got to be kidding if you think those places don't have Problems.

Quote:
I've lived all over the U.S. and overseas, from NYC, Miami, Manila, Shanghai, and many more places. L.A. is a crazy place, and it reflects 2nd world countries more than the rest of the U.S.. It is very important to live in a good neighborhood. There are very very bad areas of L.A. and average or tolerable areas of the city. I live in Glendale, but I personally want to move further out. The neighborhoods are so different and they all sit up against each other. Zoning is crap in L.A.. Lack of city planning is the number one problem in L.A.. Look into Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Agoura, Santa Clarita, or Orange County if you are moving here. You don't want to live near the downtown area. Anyone that tells you other than this, likes 2nd world living or doesn't know better. House prices are insane here because everyone is in the rat race. This is the first stopping point for many migrating to the U.S. and young singles, and unfortunately, they want to live like the stars. That means buying a BMW and a big expensive house on an ARM. I really would like to know why people move here that don't work in the entertainment industry. I personally work in the entertainment business, so I'm forced to live here. Although, why ohh why would anyone live here if they don't have to. You can make close to the same living in many other cities, and the cost of living isn't as insane.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
If you don't like it in L.A,you should move out and let us know when you arrive in The Land of OZ or at The Garden of Eden

You mentioned you lived in NYC,Miami,Manila and Shanghai...You have got to be kidding if you think those places don't have Problems.
Sorry mate, but he's already qualified you as brainwashed. You dont seem to know anything.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:09 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,037,262 times
Quote:

I moved here believing that I could still work in the same field that I was in NYC (not entertainment). NYC has a huge entertainment industry as well, but you could still make money in a ton of other fields.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about when you say "brainwashed" locals. They haven't a clue as to what you're talking about, but we "outsiders" do see it. If you try to tell them how bizarre things here are they get mad at you for upsetting this fake world of happy delusion they've created.

Also, you'll be called a whiner, a hater, and "angry" person for spreading LIES (which are really "truths") about their "beautiful" "gang-ridden city.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,851,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I moved here believing that I could still work in the same field that I was in NYC (not entertainment). NYC has a huge entertainment industry as well, but you could still make money in a ton of other fields.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about when you say "brainwashed" locals. They haven't a clue as to what you're talking about, but we "outsiders" do see it. If you try to tell them how bizarre things here are they get mad at you for upsetting this fake world of happy delusion they've created.

Also, you'll be called a whiner, a hater, and "angry" person for spreading LIES (which are really "truths") about their "beautiful" "gang-ridden city.
I moved her from the Midwest less than a year ago, so I'd say I'm still an "outsider"... and I love it here. Guess it helps that I'm not a pompous ass.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
I moved her from the Midwest less than a year ago, so I'd say I'm still an "outsider"... and I love it here. Guess it helps that I'm not a pompous ass.
hahaha!!!

OWNED!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 PM

705 posts, read 3,300,079 times
You need to study on the history of Los Angeles. People are idiots because they like to talk a lot out their minds and dont know *****!! Why is public transportation bad in Los Angeles? and why isnt the city concentrated in one place like most cities?? because Los Angeles was not supposed to be a major city! thats why its commonly refered as an "unplanned" city! If you dont like Los Angeles and like NYC...I dont know what youre talking about. Also, Los Angeles is going through A LOT of changes but it has been since it was founded! writers who write about Los Angeles and its history often write "Its so hard to write about Los Angeles because by the time you're work is published it isn't quite accurate anymore."

Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM

705 posts, read 3,300,079 times
Default ???

Steveopolis?? join date september 07 and one post? sounds like youre somebody else on this forum who goes by the name of Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles