Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,509,745 times

Advertisements

Yeah I agree. It seems farfetched to consider her a victim. It's not like he beat her up, I'm sure that would of come out already.

It should be clear she was in it for the money. She knew what she was doing. She was going to get cutoff financial so wanted to 'get even' with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I also think we sometimes forget that there is freedom of speech, no matter how stupid There is nothing illegal about what he did. I just hope a bunch of tax money isn't wasted on "investigating" these "allegations"..

Also I'm pretty sure he was aware that she liked him pretty much only because he was a billionaire, but I doubt he cares.
Too late, LA city council members are already calling for a full investigation and public hearings on the rants of a dbag. Of course no mention of possible wiretap violations.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:04 PM

Great....another thing to waste tax payer money and time on! GRRRR

I am tired of this city council wasting time and money on all kinds of BS instead of fixing the real problems in this city!

Los Angeles City Councilman Bernard C. Parks and his staff are drafting an official city resolution to condemn racist remarks attributed to Clippers owner Donald Sterling and push the NBA to make “appropriate sanctions.”[LEFT]
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#ixzz30Co5AyoH
[/LEFT]

How much time and MONEY is this going to cost!

Old 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,833,811 times
Quote:
I also think we sometimes forget that there is freedom of speech, no matter how stupid There is nothing illegal about what he did. I just hope a bunch of tax money isn't wasted on "investigating" these "allegations"..

Also I'm pretty sure he was aware that she liked him pretty much only because he was a billionaire, but I doubt he cares.
Does the First Amendment mean anyone can say anything at any time? No.

Freedom of Speech is about the GOVERNMENT not infringing on your right to express your beliefs and opinions. It does not mean everyone has to allow you to speak freely. A company is allowed to discipline if they find the speech to be offensive. Why? Because a company is not the government. Even though it isn't "illegal", he can still be held accountable for what he said.

Read up on the first amendment, because you know nothing about it.

EDIT: After reading your other comments in this post, it seems you know very little in general.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,089,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post

Freedom of Speech is about the GOVERNMENT not infringing on your right to express your beliefs and opinions. It does not mean everyone has to allow you to speak free-ly. A company is allowed to discipline if they find the speech to be offensive. Why? Because a company is not the government. Even though it isn't "illegal", he can still be held accountable for what he said.

Seriously bro, read up on the first amendment, because you know nothing about it.
Yes, then enter a giant lawsuit.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Freedom of Speech is about the GOVERNMENT not infringing on your right to express your beliefs and opinions. It does not mean everyone has to allow you to speak freely. A company is allowed to discipline if they find the speech to be offensive. Why? Because a company is not the government. Even though it isn't "illegal", he can still be held accountable for what he said.

EDIT: After reading your other comments in this post, it seems you know very little in general.
Yes, I understand the first amendment and the concept that the NBA as non government entity can fine him or punish him in other ways.

Even if they do fine him , he STILL wouldn't be breaking the LAW . People are treating this as if they are criminal allegations and they are not.

Well the GOVERNMENT (city council) now wants to get involved in this . Bernard Parks has said this is something the city council should spend (waste) time on. Do you think this is a good idea?

Now tell me again about how I know little.

Seems like an uncalled for insult out of nowhere.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:11 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,270,872 times
Quote:
Well the GOVERNMENT (city council) now wants to get involved in this . Do you think this is a good idea?
I agree with you. This is nothing but pandering. The only law broken was by V Stiavian by taping a conversation without knowledge of all participants.

As an aside, I am not sure V Stiavian is male or female. Doesn't really matter, just curious

Last edited by jw2; 04-28-2014 at 01:37 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 01:17 PM

546 posts, read 819,110 times
Quote:

I am not defending Sterling but he did not yell fire in a crowded theater. He was having what he thought was a private conversation with his mistress or girlfriend or whatever you want to call her.

If the Clippers were owned by the city or if the Staples Center was owned by the city then by all means the city council should be all over the case.

As it stands now, I see nothing wrong with a symbolic resolution denouncing the man. But this should be mostly up to the NBA and I hope they sock it to him. Moreover, I really think the Player's Association and the Clipper players need to consider sticking it to Sterling. Maybe they refuse to play for him next season if he is still around....

Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,200,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I agree with you. This is nothing but pandering. The only law broken was by V Stiavian by taping a conversation with knowledge of all participants.

As an aside, I am not sure V Stiavian is male or female. Doesn't really matter, just curious
LOL. Pretty sure she's a she, but definitely a unique looking individual.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I gotta believe this was an extortion attempt, that didn't work. If you listen to the tape, you can tell she was trying to elicit incriminating responses. Apparently, Sterling ( or his wife) refused to meet her price, so she called TMZ.

If my theory is correct, I wonder if the LACO DA would have the heuvos to prosecute?
Interesting theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles