Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 03:59 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This restaurant is good but IMHO overrated, apparently the stock market thinks so too.
LOL. It's been a wild ride for the stock market so far in 2016. I wouldn't place an opinion on the company based on the stock market. But if you really want to, as a public company...Shake Shack is 5-for-5 on destroying quarterly earnings. The stock went up 4 out of those 5 times after earnings. You could have just said the food is good but "IMHO overrated".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 04:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Where did you see this? I'm on top of everything Shake Shack, so I don't think this would slip by me. The only announced CA locations so far as WeHo, Downtown LA, and Glendale.
On the posted "Coming soon" sign.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
On the posted "Coming soon" sign.
That's interesting. If true, the company has not publicly announced it nor has any other source.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 AM

317 posts, read 403,889 times
Any chain that opening across the country is doomed for crappy mainstream quality. Thats why I love in n out. I hope they never branch out east coast. (plus, the crossing palms wouldnt last a few days in NJ winter)

Old 03-15-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_marts View Post
Any chain that opening across the country is doomed for crappy mainstream quality. Thats why I love in n out. I hope they never branch out east coast. (plus, the crossing palms wouldnt last a few days in NJ winter)
You must not be aware of the quality and ingredients that go into the food at Shake Shack. Or how every location gets exclusive items, or how every location is different from the rest from a design/community standpoint. Don't be so quick to judge.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:10 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_marts View Post
I was surprised to find out a little while ago that IN N OUT was in Texas .
From what I read they will only expand a certain distance from their meat supplier because they do not freeze their meat .
I remember reading about some fake copycat IN N OUT places using the same colors and similar menu to IN N OUT on the east coast . Pretty sure IN N OUT sued them .

Old 03-15-2016, 08:16 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,796,698 times
Umami Burger founder, Adam Fleischman, doesn't believe Angelenos will be as welcoming to Shake Shack as New Yorkers have been, due to the long burger history here, and also thinks the biggest competition they'll face is In-N-Out. While I wholeheartedly agree with the latter part, and somewhat agree with the former, a burger chain located in Los Angeles doesn't have to be as popular as In-N-Out to stay alive.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-86193402/

Old 03-15-2016, 08:40 AM

You have to take what a competitor says with a grain of salt . I've been to a Shake Shack and I've been to IN N OUT several times . It's a different experience .
Also last time I checked ... IN N OUT didn't serve beer or alcohol at all .
Also haven't there been some Umani locations that have closed down , even in LA?
I know they expanded to NYC where the founder is originally from, but it didn't look like they really had that many locations in NYC .
Maybe he's a little bitter about not having succeeded as well ?
I'd say their competition isn't IN N OUT but maybe something like Rounds burgers ?
There is also a new place called Hollywood Burger that seems similar
There is a difference between in n out which is fast food and a fast casual concept like shake shack or rounds or Hollywood burger .

I like IN N OUT but most locations at least aren't the type of place where you really want to hang out and eat there . It's either go through the drive thru or eat quick and leave .

Old 03-15-2016, 08:40 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,359,422 times
In the event of an Earthquake does the shack shake?

Old 03-15-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
In the event of an Earthquake does the shack shake?
Not sure...but I guess having a "Shack Attack" is a thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles