Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Anyone else sensing lately City-Data forum going from relocation threads to commentary threads? Another result of the real estate stagnation? No one is moving so no one is asking relocation questions on City Data???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 01:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Anyone else sensing lately City-Data forum going from relocation threads to commentary threads? Another result of the real estate stagnation? No one is moving so no one is asking relocation questions on City Data???
No, I still see lots of relocation questions, but I welcome the commentaries. To me, they're a lot more interesting than, "Can I afford to live in L.A." or "Is L.A. a good place for a single white woman?"

Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I welcome the commentaries. To me, they're a lot more interesting than, "Can I afford to live in L.A." or "Is L.A. a good place for a single white woman?"

I totally agree about the commentary posts.

My pet peeve are the "Where's the best pizza?" type posts.

One of the reasons I hang out on the LA forum so much (other than I lived there 45 years so I can answer questions) is the LA forum is a lot of fun with controversies. The Huntsville forum is really boring - I have to start new threads to stir things up. The Colorado forums are pretty good.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
One of the reasons I hang out on the LA forum so much (other than I lived there 45 years so I can answer questions) is the LA forum is a lot of fun with controversies. The Huntsville forum is really boring - I have to start new threads to stir things up. The Colorado forums are pretty good.
I totally understand. It's the same reason why I don't hang out in the Riverside County forum, or look at the Palm Springs Craigslist, or read the Palm Springs newspaper.

But actually living in L.A.? Hmm.... Still thinking about that.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 AM

18 posts, read 39,436 times
You should see about my son's father brain who is too lazy too move into a 2 bdrm apartment when I had found him a 'cheaper 2 bdrm apartment for under the price he's paying now!

That was almost 4 yrs ago so why would you want to nearly be 'broke' spending 1500 dollars on a 'cramped 1 bedroom when you could at least get 2-3 bdrm in burbank for under that price .

Plus, he has to pay for commute to his glendale work and many out of town commutes.

He didn't want to listen because he was too lazy to move so I took the bull by the horns and moved back to my boring ole montana and raised our child on my own.

Which I hope if down the road if I can ever find a way to live down there again with my lil boy I surely would take up that chance again because I miss it

Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,419,548 times
Quote:
I totally agree about the commentary posts.

My pet peeve are the "Where's the best pizza?" type posts.

Try the Knoxville, TN forum....

Old 01-12-2009, 12:58 PM

300 posts, read 1,015,042 times
I love it here.

Weather is awesome, people are nice and the City is big and lots of stuff to see&Do.

I live in Compton. (2months till Eday)

Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,599 times
^^ Great to hear Compton is working out for you.

The L.A. forum is fun, the General U.S. forum is a disaster and annoying, but City-Data forum is too strict for any real fun on here.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
Santa Anas in early January heated things up here in LA to the 80s this weekend. I took advantage by driving an hour down to Newport Beach, then taking the PCH through Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach to Dana Point. After walking around the harbor I headed down to San Clemente and had lunch at a resaurant on the pier looking out over the ocean. From here I headed to San Juan Capistrano and toured the old mission. At the end of all this I headed an hour north back home to West LA. Being able to do stuff like this on any given day definately helps me to like living in LA.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
i tried to talk my wife into renting a convertible and just driving around. it was absolutely gorgeous. it is nice today too, but the smog has made its way back. it was perfectly clear yesterday as far as i could see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles