Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:56 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Really? Would it have been funny if I said she needs ****?
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Absolutely.
I agree. But it'd get me banned.

Hypothetically, of course.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:24 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,796,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
She still called out the fanboys who have no life other than "living, breathing, dying city-data," and it was spot on and absolutely hilarious. "Mental midgets" lmao. Why aren't said people out enjoying all LA has to offer, basking in its perfection instead of trolling on here daily/hourly and just looking for things to disagree and argue with? Anyone?

I lmao'd just because it started out somewhat vague and long-winded (no offense op) yet as soon as the usual LA defender crew started in on her she snapped back almost instantly, perfectly concisely, and obliterated them which made me ROFL....hard.
Didn't you move to Tennessee? I could have sworn you were moaning and groaning about Los Angeles. Still amongst the forum, I see.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:27 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Seriously, nobody cares about OP's long winded statement or anybody who doesn't enjoy the city. Some act like city data is a personal journal. We americans are the most entitled bunch on planet earth. I am glad that you moved to a new city were you can be happy. Leave the rest of us alone.
Pretty much. There was no question posed in the OP, just..."this is my life story, I'm nervous about buying a home, but I'll still be in LA part time, blah blah blah", and then the OP got all defensive when we tried to respond.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:09 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie'sMom View Post

The house we have under contract really did feel like our home.
I chimed in on your other post, so I'll chime in on this one. The sentence that resonated with me is the one above. I have lived in the same place for 26 years. For me it is perfect in every way. Whenever I thought of moving, the sensation I got was that I would be leaving my "home" to move to a new "house". So I stayed. If the new house really feels like home to you, I would trust that and go for it. As for the rest of your post, we all approach money differently. Unlike you, I was born poor but am now very well off. Unfortunately, I never learned how to act "rich" so I tend to be somewhat frugal about certain things. We all have our hangups. I hope your move goes well for you and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:33 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
This Birdie'sMom will do awful in Denver.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:46 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,724,528 times
I'm willing to bet the OP has such a strong dislike for Los Angeles - and California in general, for that matter - because she works in the entertainment industry and more than likely lives/has lived in neighborhoods of LA where people working in that industry congregate. If I was her, I would have a pretty low opinion of LA/California, too.

I've found that I have very little in common with most people I know who work or aspire to work in the entertainment industry. It seems like many of those individuals have moved to LA from other states and often bemoan and perpetuate the tired stereotypes of the city when things don't occur according to plan, which they often don't.

Sorry, but working as a production assistant for $15/hour with no PTO or a Starbucks barista for $9/hour, picking up TV commercial gigs every now again isn't a practical or sustainable career path.

Certain neighborhoods in and around the city are filled with these poor souls, and the vibes of these areas are often characterized by hopelessness and despair. It's quite depressing, actually.

That's not to say I don't admire the tenacity and dedication of these individuals - I certainly do. However, they're in dire need of a reality check. It sounds like the OP lived this type of life for much of her 20's/early career and her perspective has been jaded since.

For the rest of us who live comparatively "normal" lives throughout the rest of the city/county/state, I think the OP's remarks and sweeping generalizations make us feel "fortunate" and relieved that she's on her way out.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:21 AM

11 posts, read 10,114 times
is this feeble minded individual seriously making fun of members for posting on city-data when OP has made 72 posts in 7 days on 2 seperate threads?

i suppose when youre desperately seeking the attention and approval from random internet strangers it might make sense to behave this way.

to come on a random forum posting your novels which are completely nonsensical, where an individual needs an IQ of about 70 just to decipher it all.

and then talk down to people who are trying to be helpful by telling you that all of your unnecessary information isnt required when you havent even asked a direct question.

if you dont want people to criticize you for being an airhead, why did you post on a PUBLIC forum?

why do you continue to come back over and over to try to defend yourself? you just come off looking crazier each time you do so.

its been a while since ive met someone so foolish and ignorant, but people like you make this place fun so stick around - youre the entertainment.

by the way, the half witted attempts at coming off clever just continue to make you look vacuous... you really need a new comback other than to try and mock men, its for lack of a better word - weak.

i dont need to insult you because youre a woman, i just judge you by your lack of intelligence.

OP dont even bother responding, the throw up you call writing is unacceptable even for random internet forums.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:33 AM

280 posts, read 326,073 times
Diamondguy, I posted something similar (though shorter) on her other thread, and it was deleted by the moderator.

Weird.

So much nastiness by the OP, while pointing out the nastiness is deleted.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:41 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,258,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Yes, you stated you were feeling fearful because you're a first-time home buyer, yet when you mentioned the problem, you said you didn't know what it was. Consider me confused.

I didn't question you why posted this thread, I questioned why you posted it here in the Los Angeles forum. You're moving out of Los Angeles to Denver. Seems this should have gone to the Denver forum, where Denver citizens would have most likely consoled you. But you decided to post in the the forum of the city you're leaving, and on top of that, saying negative things about it (Los Angeles). It doesn't make sense to me, unless you had intentions of ruffling up feathers.
Unfortunately, the OP did not fare very well in the Denver forum either. Her thread in the Denver forum went down almost the same way as this thread. I wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles