Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 01:14 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Really? Another phony personal experience story? you are here ...all the time.. everyone knows this is all you do.... are you going to say that you take time out from your fantasy life to post here 24/7- 365?
You're attaboy starvation syndrome is really getting to you I guess
Hi TC ... my offer still stands to take you to lunch at any military base of your choosing. Also to introduce you to other forum posters who know me in person and the support I have provided to veterans. But you don’t want to take me up on those offers because it would leave you without your accusations, eh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 01:52 PM

872 posts, read 596,088 times
Your stories are weak - you are only about you - nobody cares
Go ahead and post your proof
We are going to get those in need off the streets- nobody believes you
Those in need, the victims, and the communities are more important than you and your issues
Post your verifiable proof
It's not about you- nobody believes you.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
So desperate for food and water that they have pets...

https://capitalandmain.com/living-ho...e-streets-0601
This a photograph of a soldier in Vietnam. He is closely holding the dog and I believe he is grasping for his own humanity. Pets
can bring so much to humans, especially those in need. I doubt a homeless person that has a pet is thinking that is some type of entitlement. Their pet doesn't judge them, they are thankful that their human is taking care of them regardless of circumstances. Having a pet to focus on gives purpose, especially to those that literally have nothing.
Tulemutt's instance of giving a very troubled friend a dog literally turned that mans life around is a great example of what I'm talking about. Just writing about that makes me so emotional and can't say thank you enough or otherwise express my thoughts about that. I don't know why boxofrocks is so doubtful about the Mutt's life but talk about a fixation!
Fortunately I don't suffer with the level of depression Tulemutt's friend deals with, but it's always there, blunting the ordinary joys of life. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat, one cat passed away last year and I miss my unquestioning friend every day. They give me purpose and keeps depression at bay. Maybe too much information but there it is. I'm just trying to illustrate why having a pet is so important to the homeless that have them. It's not a luxury but a means to keep in touch with their humanity.
So many here need to have a group of people to demonize and in this case, it, as usual, is those that can least defend themselves. Well, keep at it but recognize that truth.
The Los Angeles Homeless Containment Thread-images.jpeg

Last edited by Social Democrat; 07-18-2018 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: adding photo.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:34 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Call to emotion: calls of “humanity”, kitties and sad puppies. I am sad. Whomp whomp.

Pets are a luxury.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Call to emotion.
Are you referring to my post?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Call to emotion: calls of “humanity”, kitties and sad puppies. I am sad. Whomp whomp.

Pets are a luxury.
Of course you don't understand that part; the last two sentences are addressed to you. Unemotional enough for you to understand?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:29 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Many of the “pets” were with these people before they became homeless, for one thing ... caring for them through desperate times isn’t a sign of low character or weakness, you know. It’s loyalty returned in those cases.
Exactly.

"Who are homeless with pets?

Each homeless person has a unique story; they are people. Some have lost their homes and jobs, some have mental disorders, some are addicts, and some are parolees. Some are: families, disabled, elderly, abused spouses, teens, and veterans."

https://www.petsofthehomeless.org/about-us/faqs/

Pets owned by homeless people often aren’t neglected. Rather they’re saving a life:
https://pasadenahumane.org/president...saving-a-life/

Old 07-18-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Pets are a luxury.
In what way? For something to be a luxury it must provide the possesor some kind of unnecessary pleasure or benefit. Describe for me, if you will, what that would be in the case of pets that only the wealthy deserve.

I provided a literally life-giving example. Do you think only the well off / successful deserve to live?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:48 PM

34 posts, read 24,408 times
I don't think it's fair to an animal to expose it to the hostilities of a homeless lifestyle. Being homeless in a city is not like being a nomad in the wilderness.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikom15 View Post
I don't think it's fair to an animal to expose it to the hostilities of a homeless lifestyle. Being homeless in a city is not like being a nomad in the wilderness.
So homelessness is not acceptable for an animal ... but we accept it for people? Hmmmm ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles