Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 06:58 PM

142 posts, read 120,757 times

Advertisements

I guess its a new type of work to stand by 7 Eleven and open door for people, i go to 7 eleven on Olympic between Union & Alvarado and there's always someone opening door for you and then when you come out they ask you for change.

This time i paid with my bank card and put it in my pocket and i was just going to say "have nice day" to the guy, to give him something, but he cut me right at moment when i opened my mount and said.

"You don't owe me nothing, I've seen you paid with the card".

Well thank you mr. doorman you made my day, did not know i owe you for the services because i never needed you to open door for me in the first place and its not like Hilton hotel its a 7-eleven.

Now as far as people who work in 7 eleven why they allow this do they think its makes them look more prestigious and draws more customers in if they have a homeless doorman on duty?
If so they should at least provide him with a frak and a hat so he look more professional.

Attached Thumbnails
The Los Angeles Homeless Containment Thread-doorman.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 06:59 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
No, we shouldn’t, because everyone should be able to afford to live in Atherton or Beverly Hills.
Well that’s about the silliest jump imaginable from what was written to an absurd non-equivalency ... kudos, Sport.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
No, we shouldn’t, because everyone should be able to afford to live in Atherton or Beverly Hills.
It's been two days since I posted that and this ^ is the best you could do?

Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
I don't like touching door handles so maybe this will be my new convenience store

Old 10-05-2018, 07:15 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Everyone should be able to live anywhere they want, and there needs to be "bad life choices equality" such that those who made bad life choices get the same opportunities to live in Atherton or BH as those who did not make those poor choices. We shouldn't give preference to just those privileged folks who didn't make bad life choices. Everyone should be the same. Build bridges, not walls.

/sarc

Old 10-05-2018, 07:20 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Everyone should be able to live anywhere they want, and there needs to be "bad life choices equality" such that those who made bad life choices get the same opportunities to live in Atherton or BH as those who did not make those poor choices. We shouldn't give preference to just those privileged folks who didn't make bad life choices. Everyone should be the same. Build bridges, not walls.

/sarc
How to take something bad ... and make it even worse ^^^

Double kudo ...

Old 10-05-2018, 07:40 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
How to take something bad ... and make it even worse ^^^

Double kudo ...
I'll say.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

/sarc
Sadly this is the philosophy of the left . The person that chose a life of crime or drugs and crime and chose not to get an education or learn marketable skills should have the same lifestyle as someone that sacrificed and kept their nose clean and studied and worked hard all their life.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 PM

He should up his game and offer mints , perhaps a spritz of cologne .
Our mayor would call him an entrepreneur providing a valuable service to Angelenos of all backgrounds .

Old 10-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
I don't like touching door handles so maybe this will be my new convenience store
I often use my shirt to open doors .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles