Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 08:11 PM

872 posts, read 596,088 times

Advertisements

Politicians and other "public servants" that let criminals and mentally ill out of institutions to create fires and commit crimes including lots of environmental crime - the liberals sure love em!
Well- there are lots of liberals changing sides over this mess and demanding supervised housing and care.
There are still a few that want the awfulness to expand - maybe they will sue when the supervised housing of vagrants and mentally ill begins!
Ruth Bader Ginsburg thinks she'll make it into Trump's second term... I wonder how she's doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 08:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a little story to tell, so sit right back and you'll hear a tale...well this isn't Gilligan's Island but nevertheless...

A friend of mine recieved a ticket today while their car was parked in SM. The car was not parked illegally -- the car was cited for not having a front license plate, and the city of SM wants $25. The city of SM has homeless people all over and breaking loitering laws, sidewalk impedance laws, disturbing the peace laws, etc. HOWEVER, my friend received a punitive ticket and easy money grab issued by some low brain function parking enforcement loser armed with their little ticket book of punitivity for flunkies who decided to use the power vested in them to punish my friend for having a sleek, beautiful, late model 4-Series BMW that a ticket writing parking enforcement loser will never be able to afford. And also, now my friend needs to get the front bumper drilled so a license plate frame can be installed so it passes inspection by the SMPD. Thanks for that, parking enforcement sorry sack loser. You're just plain rotten and may you get all that you give.

This is why others and I get so frustrated with our multi-tiered system of law enforcement. When it comes to grabbing money from people for trivial matters such as not having a front license plate (which most states don't require, but hey, in CA we can smoke marijuana even though it violates federal law and there's tax money that can be grabbed from marijuana venders so clear the decks), then our municipalities will not hesitate to pick the pockets of people who generally are a net benefit to society and for which society should be grateful to have in the first place. However, since these homeless freaks who wallow in their own bile don't have anything in their pockets that can be picked by our municipalities, then they get away with far worse than not having a license plate on the front of a car.

I'm so sick of this society where that, the bigger a loser you are, the more leniency you get. That's not fair -- we're all intended by our laws which are based on Roman Law and English Common Law, to be treated equally, and nobody should get a free pass. Stop making excuses for homeless people. They ruin neighborhoods for those of us who are generally beneficial to neighborhoods, so stop punishing the rest of us, especially when it's for matters so trivial, yet homeless people can behave like animals and there's not much in terms of consequences. Enough.
Yeah there is definitely a double standard . I know in L.A there was something passed where homeless didn’t have to pay fines . We just keep lowering the standards and quality of life goes down lower and lower .
And some just don’t want anyone to have personal responsibility .

Reality is if a non homeless person that looks like they have something to lose acts like the homeless the cops are all over them .. public exposure , drinking in public etc .., yet if you are in rags and homeless they’ll look the other way and allow them to verbally harass .

Of course the cops need to do what the politicians tell them . The police chiefs are appointed by the mayor .
Kind of worried about the new chief in L.A especially since Garcetti appointed him .
Seems to want to please the SJW crowd which is futile .

Old 08-08-2018, 09:26 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah there is definitely a double standard . I know in L.A there was something passed where homeless didn’t have to pay fines . We just keep lowering the standards and quality of life goes down lower and lower .
And some just don’t want anyone to have personal responsibility .

Reality is if a non homeless person that looks like they have something to lose acts like the homeless the cops are all over them .. public exposure , drinking in public etc .., yet if you are in rags and homeless they’ll look the other way and allow them to verbally harass .

Of course the cops need to do what the politicians tell them . The police chiefs are appointed by the mayor .
Kind of worried about the new chief in L.A especially since Garcetti appointed him .
Seems to want to please the SJW crowd which is futile .
Personally I've found cops don't do jack anymore. Where I live if anything gets stolen including a whole car the only thing you can do is file a police report online. The only thing they'll show up for is a shooting or car chase. Highway patrol and parking patrol is still out in force though. I'm actually surprised it's not worse out there then it is. Seeing there's no repercussions at ALL.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:26 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh WOW! What an injustice! A successful Angelino thriving on the bounty of American prosperity to afford “a sleek, beautiful, late model 4-Series BMW” has to pay a wallet-busting $25 for flaunting the law!?
LOL....the truth.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:54 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
I have a little story to tell, so sit right back and you'll hear a tale...well this isn't Gilligan's Island but nevertheless...

A friend of mine recieved a ticket today while their car was parked in SM. The car was not parked illegally -- the car was cited for not having a front license plate, and the city of SM wants $25. The city of SM has homeless people all over and breaking loitering laws, sidewalk impedance laws, disturbing the peace laws, etc. HOWEVER, my friend received a punitive ticket and easy money grab issued by some low brain function parking enforcement loser armed with their little ticket book of punitivity for flunkies who decided to use the power vested in them to punish my friend for having a sleek, beautiful, late model 4-Series BMW that a ticket writing parking enforcement loser will never be able to afford. And also, now my friend needs to get the front bumper drilled so a license plate frame can be installed so it passes inspection by the SMPD. Thanks for that, parking enforcement sorry sack loser. You're just plain rotten and may you get all that you give.
oh the poor thing...that's so sad most states require 2 plates, last time I checked only 19 didn't. The reasons should be obvious

1. Bridge toll evasion
2. Red light cameras
3. Cops observing you breaking the law from the other side of the road.

The reasons for requiring a front plate are probably more legit than some of the anti-homeless laws that people in this thread advocate

Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
oh the poor thing...that's so sad most states require 2 plates, last time I checked only 19 didn't. The reasons should be obvious

1. Bridge toll evasion
2. Red light cameras

The reasons for requiring a front plate are probably more legit than some of the anti-homeless laws that people in this thread advocate
The same state that requires a front license plate ( ID ) in the front is the same state that is a sanctuary city and totally welcoming to the point of bending backwards to those that broke our immigration laws and have no documentation .

You don’t see the laughable hypocrisy there ?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The same state that requires a front license plate ( ID ) in the front is the same state that is a sanctuary city and totally welcoming to the point of bending backwards to those that broke our immigration laws and have no documentation . You don’t see the laughable hypocrisy there ?
Sorry jm, but that makes absolutely no sense, there is no correlation between front license plates and immigration policy

Old 08-09-2018, 08:41 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:

This is why others and I get so frustrated with our multi-tiered system of law enforcement. When it comes to grabbing money from people for trivial matters such as not having a front license plate (which most states don't require, but hey, in CA we can smoke marijuana even though it violates federal law and there's tax money that can be grabbed from marijuana venders so clear the decks), then our municipalities will not hesitate to pick the pockets of people who generally are a net benefit to society and for which society should be grateful to have in the first place. However, since these homeless freaks who wallow in their own bile don't have anything in their pockets that can be picked by our municipalities, then they get away with far worse than not having a license plate on the front of a car.

I'm so sick of this society where that, the bigger a loser you are, the more leniency you get. That's not fair -- we're all intended by our laws which are based on Roman Law and English Common Law, to be treated equally, and nobody should get a free pass. Stop making excuses for homeless people. They ruin neighborhoods for those of us who are generally beneficial to neighborhoods, so stop punishing the rest of us, especially when it's for matters so trivial, yet homeless people can behave like animals and there's not much in terms of consequences. Enough.
So what?

CA requires two plates, is this news to your friend?

Not having a license plate in the front or the back is the first thing you're going to a notice about a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

1. Bridge toll evasion
2. Red light cameras

Correct. And anyone who lives in CA and has a car knows two plates are required.

Love how that poster downplays it. Another important reason is being able to ID the vehicle, if a child was taken and witnesses only saw the front or back of the car and there is no plate. That seriously impacts finding that child in a dangerous situation.

Anytime there is an abduction, first thing on the news is the license plate with make and model.

So much for a trivial matter.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:51 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Oh come on now sleepy and sean ... the poor guy who just had his wallet raided for $25 drives a “sleek, beautiful, late model 4-Series BMW”, for crying out loud! He’s not some homeless bum luxuriating on the streets with no car at all! Why should well-to-do Beemer drivers be tapped? Let the homeless pay the guy’s fines while he drives his chariot.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:11 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What’s the world coming to when those who benefit the most from our economy have obey laws and pay fines?
Who benefits "the most" from our economy, and how so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles