Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 11:45 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
This isn’t any proof of your false claim that homelessness helps fester [community] disease. At all.

May not be proof, but it's highly highly highly compelling evidence. Cased closed, your honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 12:43 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
May not be proof, but it's highly highly highly compelling evidence. Cased closed, your honor.
Case is closed with my proofs. Your evidence is entirely flawed, as I just demonstrated. There’s nothing compelling about your empty accusation ... which is about as compelling as saying lemons are bananas because they are both yellow, or tables can run because they have legs ...

Old 11-20-2018, 05:58 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Case is closed with my proofs. Your evidence is entirely flawed, as I just demonstrated. There’s nothing compelling about your empty accusation ... which is about as compelling as saying lemons are bananas because they are both yellow, or tables can run because they have legs ...
Au contraire, your arguments are flawed. You may as well try to convince the Air Cav that charlie surfs, despite Robert Duvall clearly stating that charlie don't surf.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Au contraire, your arguments are flawed. You may as well try to convince the Air Cav that charlie surfs, despite Robert Duvall clearly stating that charlie don't surf.
Go ahead and dissect my proof. Demonstrate the flaws. I look forward to it.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Nonsense. It is the common practice of those most persistently denegrating and negatively mythologizing the homeless to refer to them “all” by the one term. In fact, you and OC are the ones here, as usual, making false, generalized claims .... such as “90% of the homeless population refuse services. When the facts are that approximately 75% of all homeless are in that state less than a year ... while only 25% are classed as “chronic”, the ones on the streets.

OC it is particularly funny you chime in as you have here since you have particularly denied the sub-classifications over and over.

Further, where do you get the justification to claim that there are any statistically significant number of “by choice” homeless, in RV’s, cars, or on the streets? Virtually no one “chooses” to live on the streets or in their cars.
Nonsense. I have repeatedly argued that we need a definition of homelessness before we embark on helping them.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Here you are:

Basic Car 8A13, Brentwood
Senior Lead Officer Maria Gray
E-Mail me at 30469@lapd.lacity.org
She's not part of any transient unit as far as I can tell.

https://southbrentwood.org/sr-lead-o...-to-brentwood/

Old 11-20-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Nonsense. I have repeatedly argued that we need a definition of homelessness before we embark on helping them.
And you’ve been shown those definitions repeatedly. And you have denied the sub-categories.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
If somebody does not accept help to get of the streets, then how is living on the streets not their choice?
What help? You said that the transient unit offers "help" to the homeless who want to get off the streets but you can't even identify what the transient unit or who is involved in it.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
She's not part of any transient unit as far as I can tell.

https://southbrentwood.org/sr-lead-o...-to-brentwood/
Sounds like she’s a PR person to me ... if there ever was one. Public Relations / outreach officer.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
And you’ve been shown those definitions repeatedly. And you have denied the sub-categories.
Oh brother. I don't need your definitions, but policy makers need definitions before they commit our funds to helping the various homeless categories and I would like to know how they will handle all the different categories including the homeless scammers -- yes they exist. Kttam convinced me (like no one else could) in another thread that we need to take action to help the two categories of legitimate homeless but I want to know how we will handle scammers. According to Kttam, the scammers are about a third. Will they be prosecuted? Will we be investigating them? How are public monies going to be protected from going to the many scammers? They are a large portion of the group seeking help.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-20-2018 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles