Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times

Advertisements

I live in suburban north OC, a few miles from Disney. I've seen coyotes, skunks, squirrels, mice, a family possums, hawks, cholos, homeless, most in my yard, except the coyotes and homeless. I've always been curious about the flock of green parrots, they look like the pet kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 11:38 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I live in suburban north OC, a few miles from Disney. I've seen coyotes, skunks, squirrels, mice, a family possums, hawks, cholos, homeless, most in my yard, except the coyotes and homeless. I've always been curious about the flock of green parrots, they look like the pet kind.
Those parrots are all over Orange. Rumor is a truck carrying them to a pet store crashed on the fwy and they escaped and flourished here. Don't know if that's true.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:59 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
We have a flock of parrots in Sylmar too. Ive been here 28 years and they have been here the whole time. They stick together in a flock and alight in the trees and make a lot of noise, I enjoy them.
I heard a avarary blew down in a wind storm and thats where their from. Also don't know if thats true.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:25 AM
kr7

17 posts, read 13,767 times
Every one have seen coyotes near Pomona ? I wonder if there is a huge coyote population there...

Old 07-17-2018, 11:34 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
They have coyotes in downtown Chicago.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
there is a big LA DWP water tank that is several blocks big with some brush around it and I think he lives there. But still beyond that there is a lot of houses before any other brush area.
I haven't heard of any pets disappearing but we don't have any neighborhood news.
He looked healthy.
No offense meant but Sylmar, though part of the city Los Angeles, is not really that urban in character. It's on the edge of town and right against the National Forest. Lots of horses but you know this so I won't belabor it.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:34 PM

53 posts, read 39,272 times
I've read so. pasadena has that rumor also the destruction of an aviary/pet store then the noisy green parrots went all over the place, some good youtube videos. What about the bear in the swimming pool the other day what happened to him, they say for some bears if they see you and there are no cubs around you act angrily as you can, put up a real fuss shouting and stomping sometimes the bear just won't bother. Has anyone else heard that, but if there are cubbies around or it's like a kodiak or polar bear you might want to play dead or get the heck out of there

Old 07-20-2018, 04:58 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemj View Post
I've read so. pasadena has that rumor also the destruction of an aviary/pet store then the noisy green parrots went all over the place, some good youtube videos. What about the bear in the swimming pool the other day what happened to him, they say for some bears if they see you and there are no cubs around you act angrily as you can, put up a real fuss shouting and stomping sometimes the bear just won't bother. Has anyone else heard that, but if there are cubbies around or it's like a kodiak or polar bear you might want to play dead or get the heck out of there
We only have brown bears here. That bear got darted and relocated. Brown bears seem pretty casual. They prefer jacuzzis and a good trash can

Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 PM

113 posts, read 257,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr7 View Post
Every one have seen coyotes near Pomona ? I wonder if there is a huge coyote population there...
I'm sure they are there. I live close to Pomona in Diamond Bar and I've seen them once in a blue moon. You may have seen them too and just not know it. They are often very small and shy and if you are not looking closely sometimes you might think they're just a dog.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Default Coyote in Sylmar

This is a residential neighborhood not near any brush area. I saw him last night running down the street. And I have seen him twice before. There is a big Dept of Water & Power tank near and I believe he lives there. One time he was walking down the sidewalk by that water tank area. I'm guessing he eats garbage.

Last edited by V8 Vega; 02-17-2020 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Delete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles