Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2023, 11:54 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

I suppose the sides should work something out, because those special outdoor dining areas (if not covered) are a reasonable compromise in commerce and public health, although I think in practice most are too loud, crowded, polluted, etc.

Meanwhile, it's long overdue for government to make indoor dining less dangerous. Lower occupancy limits, CO2 monitoring (with results visible to customers), employee mask requirements and/or testing, and so on. I'd love to again be able to eat inside a restaurant someday.

Old 02-26-2023, 01:07 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I suppose the sides should work something out, because those special outdoor dining areas (if not covered) are a reasonable compromise in commerce and public health, although I think in practice most are too loud, crowded, polluted, etc.

Meanwhile, it's long overdue for government to make indoor dining less dangerous. Lower occupancy limits, CO2 monitoring (with results visible to customers), employee mask requirements and/or testing, and so on. I'd love to again be able to eat inside a restaurant someday.
What's stopping you? We eat inside all the time at our local places. No masks and no fuss.

Old 02-26-2023, 02:42 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's stopping you? We eat inside all the time at our local places. No masks and no fuss.
My understanding is most will also allow hazmat suits.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:00 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Have you ever been in an average* commercial kitchen? These are you worries?

*Average as in your day to day restaurant.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:29 AM

A commercial kitchen probably is safer than mine.

I've never attributed an illness or bad stomach to food poisoning from a restaurant. If that has happened low-level, I don't care. It can be harsh and even that is okay in the long run, assuming I don't need emergency care. COVID-19 often causes weeks or months of problems. I don't want that. Although I suspect in this county the virus is easier to get from a restaurant than is clear-cut food poisoning, I don't know which plague is more likely - and the restaurant would like me to think both are very rare - but at least there's grading about restaurant cleanliness, along with reviews. I'd support stricter or more frequent inspections of restaurants for pre-pandemic issues. More than one improvement can be made at the same time. The virus should not be ignored.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
A commercial kitchen probably is safer than mine.

I've never attributed an illness or bad stomach to food poisoning from a restaurant. If that has happened low-level, I don't care. It can be harsh and even that is okay in the long run, assuming I don't need emergency care. COVID-19 often causes weeks or months of problems. I don't want that. Although I suspect in this county the virus is easier to get from a restaurant than is clear-cut food poisoning, I don't know which plague is more likely - and the restaurant would like me to think both are very rare - but at least there's grading about restaurant cleanliness, along with reviews. I'd support stricter or more frequent inspections of restaurants for pre-pandemic issues. More than one improvement can be made at the same time. The virus should not be ignored.
You must not get out much. I don't mean that derogatorily.

I would much rather have covid (have had it twice now BTW) tham bad food poisoning - which I've had more often, and much more severe.

Old 02-27-2023, 11:32 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
My understanding is most will also allow hazmat suits.
Do they recommend putting the helmet back on during sips and bites?

Old 02-27-2023, 12:20 PM

Bottom line: in the modern world, I should be able to go to a public-facing environment without reasonably having to worry about personal safety. That includes threats from viruses and for example crime. The government is supposed to oversee the safety of those places.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:26 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do they recommend putting the helmet back on during sips and bites?
Or better yet, make them like the beer hats so you can just keep sipping with the helmet on.

I'm still working on the mashed potatoes.

Old 02-27-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Bottom line: in the modern world, I should be able to go to a public-facing environment without reasonably having to worry about personal safety. That includes threats from viruses and for example crime. The government is supposed to oversee the safety of those places.
Governments uphold laws (regulations and codes, in this case). Not safety. Scotus has ruled that the gov has no overarching right to protect citizens. See: Castlerock v. gonzales; deshaney v. winnebago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles