Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 12:26 PM

22 posts, read 12,348 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Im planning a trip to LA and I have a lot of questions, so I guess I'll start with this one.

As a first time visitor what area should I stick to mainly? Which area do most tourists go to? To start, South, North LA, etc...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 12:33 PM

22 posts, read 12,348 times
Default Which area is the safest?

Hi all,

As a single/solo female traveler, which of these is the safest? Or what is your opinion on each area? Im looking for safety as in low crime (car break ins, muggings, etc...)

I've found hotels in the following areas:

W EL SEGUNDO BLVD, South Los Angeles,
West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles
South Hewitt Street, Downtown LA

Thanks

Old 02-16-2022, 12:40 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,607,839 times
Need to be more specific - cross streets? top two are long E/W streets. None are "low crime" except maybe Century bet sepulveda and 405 (due to proximity to lax)

Hewitt isn't bad but urban. Walking distance to quite a few solid restaurants, including one of my favorite sushi restaurants in LA - kagaya

Old 02-16-2022, 12:41 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,607,839 times
What do you enjoy doing? How long will you be in the area?

Assuming you'll have a car?

Old 02-16-2022, 12:58 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,166,034 times
How many threads on the same subject do you need to open?

Old 02-16-2022, 01:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Try the Cecil Hotel - I hear it's a real splash.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:51 PM

23,552 posts, read 24,064,911 times
OP, LA is a sprawling, spread out, huge metropolitan area. There are numerous districts/neighborhoods with various characteristics, along with numerous incorporated cities and unincorporated areas within the county limits. You should provide a little more detail on what you’re interested in seeing, so that we can respond with specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly_melly_belly View Post
Hi all,
Im planning a trip to LA and I have a lot of questions, so I guess I'll start with this one.

As a first time visitor what area should I stick to mainly? Which area do most tourists go to? To start, South, North LA, etc...?

Old 02-16-2022, 03:03 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,785,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly_melly_belly View Post
Hi all,

Do you want to visit the beaches, the mountains, the desert areas, the entertainment/amusement centers, or ????

That will all make a difference due to driving times and traffic.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:10 PM

823 posts, read 1,056,917 times
Spend some time at the beach riding bikes and people watching, try and catch a concert at the Greek or the Hollywood Bowl, walk along Hollywood Boulevard, go and have lunch and/or a cocktail in the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel (or the Roosevelt, or the Hotel Bel Air, or the Chateau Marmont etc, it's easier at lunchtime, you can usually get a seat in the bars as long as you are tidy), watch the vastness of LA on a clear night from the Griffith Observatory, have fish and chips at Malibu Seafood, go shopping at the garment district, ride the Pacific Wheel on Santa Monica Pier.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:02 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
As my great grand pappy taught me, no matter where you go, there you are. That's also true for observed subatomic particles, as observing them brings them out of the superposition of their quantum waveform and Schrodinger's equations to generate a quantum probability function are no longer relevant, because there the particles are now.

More info here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ybUGCTWgaI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles