Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 PM

241 posts, read 939,959 times

Advertisements

seen a few at the airport or lax. Right mainly or usually at places where they live or is safe that being mostly in the west part. Lot of celebrities go to other and don't go to this airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 04:03 AM

32 posts, read 129,477 times
Thanks for the answers, it´s quite interesting for me to read about it.
I think next time I visit LA I have to do a little celebrity-sightseeing-tour at Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Brentwood,...

Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
I've probably seen more than I realize. I'm weird in that I live in the entertainment capital of the world, but I hardly ever watch TV. I realized how out of touch I am when I browsed a copy of People's 100 Most Beautiful People a couple of years ago, and didn't recognize over half of them. Then again, I've lived here all of my life, so celebrities don't impress me. Even if I saw someone truly famous, like George Clooney, I'd probably stare for a few minutes to confirm it was really him, and that's it.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
well, there are some good ones in sacramento.

Are you ready for governor moonbeam²?
lol!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM

64 posts, read 184,141 times
I don't hang out at any of the hip, celebrity spotting places, but still bumped into a few. Just recently saw Queen Latifa in a SF Valley restaurant. Also saw Brooke Shields, Kathy Griffith in the Valley, one of the cast members of The Wire (HBO) at the Hollywood Arclight, and once I sat next to Larry King on a plain LA to SF.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I see them from time to time but I am in the Ventura area. Will Smith needed to use our helipad last year. That was cool. Real nice guy. When I was working at a locksmith shop Larry Hagman brought in his moms trael trunk that she used when she performed. The key was lost in delivery. Him and his wife live in over in Ojai, a hot spot for celebs. Kevin Coster went to high school here in Ventura and his parents live in the area. He can be seen at the Buena High School gym watching basketball from time to time. Kevin lives over in Montecito. One of my sisters used to work for a Limo service that Oprah uses when she flies in to the Santa Barbara airport. One day her rep from Harpo called to book a car. My sister asked what airline she would be flying in on. The Harpo rep informed my sister that Mis. Winfrey would be flying in on her own jet. Always thought that was cool. I also used to work for Santa Ventura Studios in Ventura as their locksmith. The facility is now Brooks Film School. The studio filmed first run syndication shows such as "High Tide" with Rick Springfield, "Mike Hammer" with Stacy Keach, "Air America" and several other shows. I remember working on a door one day when Mickey Rooney walked up. He said, Hi I am Mickey Rooney who are you. He was interested in what I was doing to the door, asked lots of questions. Guy was a class act. I was just the locksmith but he took a real interest in what I was doing. Always loved the food. They always had a big spread and it was opened to anyone working out there. A 90210 spinoff was filmed in the Oxnard area. My youngest brother was a regular out there, mostly at the beach and harbor area. He became good friends with the cast and was invited to sit in with them from time to time. Doesn't hurt when you live near the homes they use to film shows at. Years ago I was in Malibu where they were filming a show called Hardcastle and McCormick I watched the show because they had a cool car. I was a kid back then. One day while walking past Gulls Way, a home in Malibu, I ran into them filming the show. That was cool. They used a guest home for the location. Was in Malibu last week and the funniest thing, someone is filming at Gulls Way again. Always thought it was cool to have a home so large that it has a name.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 07-01-2009 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Add aditional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles