Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 AM

126 posts, read 673,907 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving with my family to Alhambra - specifically the Emery Park tract, where the homes have 1920s style and are in our price range. Can anyone comment about how safe the neighborhood is and how the schools fare? I've heard El Sereno can have gang/safety issues - is that true for the Emery Park area as well?
Thanks
-Domsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 05:13 PM

187 posts, read 481,613 times
Default el sereno

What can I say about El Sereno, I lived there for 17 years born and bred on Locke ave. Just stay away from that street it self and keep a half mile buffer zone in between you and that area. El Sereno does have its polished zones of tranquility. Right behind El Sereno you have Collis St which is one long stretch of road with nice homes and green lawns. Check out the homes in south pasadena or alhambra. If you want to go a little further out, you have san gabriel valley which is a nice neighbor hood also.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:08 PM

689 posts, read 2,582,143 times
The Emery Park neighborhood of Alhambra is very nice, we have a niece who bought there recently and we really like the area. Great houses, really nice streets and good neighbors. Not any problems with gangs as far as I know, there are some rough spots in El Sereno but Alhambra does have its own police force and keeps a pretty tight lid on things. Biggest draw back is the schools, if they were better we would still live in Alhambra. We especially did not like the fact that there are no middle schools, they go K-8 and then high school.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,587 times
I have lived in Emery Park for 26 years and it is very safe. There is a very low turn-over in home
ownership; e.g. most of the residents on my street have lived here longer than I have. This provides
its own neighborhood watch program as neighbors look out of one another. As a small city the police
and fire/paramedic response time is excellent. City services are also excellent. Clean streets in good
repair; regular tree trimming; lots of well-maintained parks and a new library that is outstanding. I do not have young children so can't speak to the schools, but feel that Alhambra is "family friendly" .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles