Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 AM

420 posts, read 478,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
There is no " best place to live " that fits every individual or family . Every family has different needs or different economic situations that might make one town better for them than another .
Some people detest big cities , while others love it . It's a case by case thing .
your such a lawyer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Ok here we go again! I need info on towns here in Louisiana. I want to move and need to know the best town/cities and why so I can better decide where to move. Thanks for your help.
On what basis should a town/city be judged the best?

Low Crime Statistics?

Available ATTRACTIVE single women?

Lots of cultural entertainment?

Good restaurants?

Low unemployment rate?

Average rainfall/temperature?

Number of gay bars?

Number of churches?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
On what basis should a town/city be judged the best?

Low Crime Statistics?

Available ATTRACTIVE single women?

Lots of cultural entertainment?

Good restaurants?

Low unemployment rate?

Average rainfall/temperature?

Number of gay bars?

Number of churches?
Gay bars??? You cannot be serious, but attractive women wise........I I've seen alot of good gumbo all ova da state but opelousas got some fine looking ettoufee

Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Gay bars??? You cannot be serious, but attractive women wise........I I've seen alot of good gumbo all ova da state but opelousas got some fine looking ettoufee
What's wrong with Gay bars? Your closed mind is showing .

For somebody looking for a place to live it would very well be relevant if said person was of the homosexual persuasion.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
What's wrong with Gay bars? Your closed mind is showing .

For somebody looking for a place to live it would very well be relevant if said person was of the homosexual persuasion.
well I guess your right. So I guess if I randomly say things like number of places to get high or places that may cause you to get a divorce, those would be very well relevant too huh?

yea, thread needs some basis, for example: best town to live in to be a pony cowboy?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
well I guess your right. So I guess if I randomly say things like number of places to get high or places that may cause you to get a divorce, those would be very well relevant too huh?
uhh...yes actually. Thanks for proving my point. And btw, places don't cause divorce, people do.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:00 PM

37 posts, read 266,998 times
Duh, Bossier City is the best place to live.

Here's why:
  • great schools
  • low crime rates
  • Louisiana Boardwalk
  • restaurants and shopping (Shreveport/Bossier City)
  • minor traffic congestion
  • proximity to Dallas/Fort Worth

Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC71111 View Post
Duh, Bossier City is the best place to live.

Here's why:
  • great schools
  • low crime rates
  • Louisiana Boardwalk
  • restaurants and shopping (Shreveport/Bossier City)
  • minor traffic congestion
  • proximity to Dallas/Fort Worth
................and your service provider, Shreveport......on yea and your proximity to Monroe also

Old 11-27-2009, 05:56 AM

10 posts, read 42,021 times
I'm preparing to retire next year and Louisiana is my first choice. I like the Acadiana area. I'm of Cajun descent and have been out of state for many years. I grew up in Texas prior to my Army service in SE Asia for quiet a few years. I've been in the Milwaukee area for 20 years now and I'm tired of the cold rat race.
I've been doing a little research on my own. From Crowley to Breaux Bridge area.
What's your opinion? I'm sure there is plenty and that is what I'm looking for.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougvwi View Post
I'm preparing to retire next year and Louisiana is my first choice. I like the Acadiana area. I'm of Cajun descent and have been out of state for many years. I grew up in Texas prior to my Army service in SE Asia for quiet a few years. I've been in the Milwaukee area for 20 years now and I'm tired of the cold rat race.
I've been doing a little research on my own. From Crowley to Breaux Bridge area.
What's your opinion? I'm sure there is plenty and that is what I'm looking for.
Lafayette is a great area. Most people enjoy it alot. I would highly recommend trying it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana